• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Opinion/Rant on the World's Education system[Please Read]

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
The reason why we learn a bunch of things that we probably won't use again is to get us familiar with different possible career paths. We learn about science, history, computers, literature, etc. so we can deduce what exactly we like, which will make it easier for us to forge our career paths. I'm still torn on what I would exactly like to pursue in life, so I'll probably be taking some classes to get to know other fields.

As for your patent, I think it really depends on the parent. If I where to have made a discovery like that, my parents would totally advocate it and help me make it a success. I guess some other, more traditional parents solely want their child to take the average path of life. Some parents are more supportive of others, and it sort of depends on their background and life experiences.

For example, my father immigrated to Canada from Italy, did not pursue his education very far and does not have very many qualifications for many high-paying jobs. He's more of a traditionalist and only really cares about me getting good grades, getting some form of a degree and get a high-paying job. On the other hand, my mother was born where I live right now, got further in her education but strayed off the path she wanted to be on (a teacher) due to the lack of jobs. That is why she tells me that I could do/become whatever I want in life, as long as I'm happy and as long as I don't make a regrettable decision like she did.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Also, don't even get me started on Phys. Ed. I sit down with my friends every class for the whole term, and manage to get a 91%. The teachers are barely ever vigilant and more concerned with conversing among themselves than actually doing stuff that teachers should be doing.

Reaction score
Watch out chad doesn't get any ideas.

Keep this info to yourself. If this is some revolutionary stuff, you don't want anyone knowing any hints or details.

thank me when ur rich
i thanks you already.

I don't have much to worry about though. I just said I found a way to do something, I'm not going to give out my prototypes or any hints on how it works till I get the patent.

Reaction score
The reason why we learn a bunch of things that we probably won't use again is to get us familiar with different possible career paths. We learn about science, history, computers, literature, etc. so we can deduce what exactly we like, which will make it easier for us to forge our career paths. I'm still torn on what I would exactly like to pursue in life, so I'll probably be taking some classes to get to know other fields.

As for your patent, I think it really depends on the parent. If I where to have made a discovery like that, my parents would totally advocate it and help me make it a success. I guess some other, more traditional parents solely want their child to take the average path of life. Some parents are more supportive of others, and it sort of depends on their background and life experiences.

For example, my father immigrated to Canada from Italy, did not pursue his education very far and does not have very many qualifications for many high-paying jobs. He's more of a traditionalist and only really cares about me getting good grades, getting some form of a degree and get a high-paying job. On the other hand, my mother was born where I live right now, got further in her education but strayed off the path she wanted to be on (a teacher) due to the lack of jobs. That is why she tells me that I could do/become whatever I want in life, as long as I'm happy and as long as I don't make a regrettable decision like she did.
I agree with you to a certain extent, but you shouldn't be forced to take courses in high school imo. Most people have had enough exposure by after 7-9th grade to the point where they know what they like/want to do. I think it should be your choice from then. I mean after you know what you want to do is there really a point in learning other stuff?

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with you to a certain extent, but you shouldn't be forced to take courses in high school imo. Most people have had enough exposure by after 7-9th grade to the point where they know what they like/want to do. I think it should be your choice from then. I mean after you know what you want to do is there really a point in learning other stuff?
The thing is, some people don't really know what they want to do even after graduating High School. While I'd like the programs offered to be more flexible, and allow students to personalize it to their interests, High School is generally meant as an introduction to various opportunities. It's unfortunate that you still have to follow through despite not being interested, but I just wanted to make the point that it isn't completely useless.

ElitePvPGodz

Tribute
Reaction score
But it is so overkill. My sister had 2 ap classes in a semester and had 8 hours of homework a night leaving her with like 6 hours of sleep in 9th grade. Now she's gonna have 3 ap classes in 1 and will probably barely have sleep. You really think this is necessary people? What happened to sleeping and activities and exercise. No time!

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
But it is so overkill. My sister had 2 ap classes in a semester and had 8 hours of homework a night leaving her with like 6 hours of sleep in 9th grade. Now she's gonna have 3 ap classes in 1 and will probably barely have sleep. You really think this is necessary people? What happened to sleeping and activities and exercise. No time!
I'd like to remind you that taking ap classes is optional. If she wasn't willing to put in the work she shouldn't have done it.

billyguy1

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I know. Second level education/middle school is actually crucial. I'm talking about high school, or third level. Most people know what they want to do by that point.
Noooo, most high schoolers are clueless on what they want to do, so they take a bunch of classes to find out what they like and don't like. Even if by high school they have an idea of what they want to do, it still helps to take a variety of classes to narrow down even further what they want to go into. High school is just college prep, you figure it what you like and don't like, so you don't waste tons of money in college figuring out what you want to do.

Another reason we have to take all kinds of classes in school is because, even though you may not know it, pretty much everything you learn in school is applicable for life(except reallyyy super high end math if you aren't going into it). For example, if you are going into engineering, you probably only think you need to take math and science classes, right? While those are still most important, other classes are almost as important. Engineers need to take English classes, for reasons like knowing how to communicate, learning how to write and read at a high end level. Every high-level job requires good communication and literacy skills, so we can't just assume that they are useless if your field isn't Language Arts-based.

That is just my opinion, coming from a guy going into his last year of high school.

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
Noooo, most high schoolers are clueless on what they want to do, so they take a bunch of classes to find out what they like and don't like. Even if by high school they have an idea of what they want to do, it still helps to take a variety of classes to narrow down even further what they want to go into. High school is just college prep, you figure it what you like and don't like, so you don't waste tons of money in college figuring out what you want to do.

Another reason we have to take all kinds of classes in school is because, even though you may not know it, pretty much everything you learn in school is applicable for life(except reallyyy super high end math if you aren't going into it). For example, if you are going into engineering, you probably only think you need to take math and science classes, right? While those are still most important, other classes are almost as important. Engineers need to take English classes, for reasons like knowing how to communicate, learning how to write and read at a high end level. Every high-level job requires good communication and literacy skills, so we can't just assume that they are useless if your field isn't Language Arts-based.

That is just my opinion, coming from a guy going into his last year of high school.
If I could like this post 100 times I would. Pretty much everything he said is true (coming from a Junior's perspective).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci