• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Rant about Mod Application's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
13 really? Should be 18-20 plus....
Some of our best mods are 14 and 15. Maturity tends to come with age, but not in all cases. Many members of the forum are 14 and extremely mature. The system is currently allowing anyone with a great app that's 14 YO, and if the mods pick only great apps from trustworthy people, the lowered age limit will bring in an influx of new, good mods.

The_Man

Career
Reaction score
I am totally fine with waiting the 2 years i need to wait, but the thing is, Is MCSG still going to be here? By the amounts of donors, yes, but do we know that for a fact or are we assuming?

Reaction score
You may be able to pull off the maturity for the 5 minute interview, and may have an amazing application. But in all honesty, underaged mods just aren't mature enough. (Not saying you aren't or anything.) To be honest, I think the age should be 16. <--- That would mean that I wouldn't be a mod right now, but seeing how some people are (still not talking about mods), I think the age limit should be 16... People under this age don't really understand the real reason mods are there. They think it's to catch hackers and clean the forums... That's pretty much all wrong. The real reason is to always make yourself noticeable. If people think they're being watched, they won't hack. It's exactly why I go around lobbies and chatting to users. JUST to let them know I am there, and moderators are on the servers.

Cleaning the forums is also kinda not what mod is for. Yes, you lock threads and delete spam bots and everything like that. But really, you're on the forums just to have a higher knowledge of everything going on. As a moderator, you pretty much know the reasons for all these questions and so we can answer them. We are basically like a liaison between the sr. mods/ admins/ chad to the rest of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci