• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My resignation

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
I have been considering this for a while, I've been around for 11 months now and I've seen the staff team turn from a family to a battleground, it seems common place now for there to be some sort of argument, disagreement or poor decision making going on, I cannot be a part of this team anymore because I don't agree with the way things are going. I quit a couple of months ago but agreed to come back on leave under the belief that things were going to change, well they did change, the issue is that things only got worse, there are very little benefits to being staff now... we get custom channels, which I would like to add was very nearly taken away. Some admins, I will not name any, are failing to realise that people are doing this out of their own good will and free time, and as such their roles should not be treated as roles within a company, by all means show people how they are supposed to be doing things, but do not record their bans and force them to complete monthly surveys, yes there is a level of professionalism that needs to be met, but there is also a level of sociability that needs to be met, we are a game server after all, not an army regiment.

Another reason I am leaving is that I have been waiting for MCTF2 to come back, it's one of the only reasons I have held on for as long as I have, but the way things seem to be going recently, I can't see it ever coming back. I hate the Hive as much as the next person, with good reason, but we talk about it as if it's dying, it's not, it's stronger than ever, and the reason is that they have more than one gamemode, we need to stop living on the dream that it's dying and start giving people reason to come back to us.

And finally, we need to stop worrying about covering our backs more than protecting our users, people can be dangerous, both mentally and physically,we need to stop letting people hide behind social media and start actually enforcing punishments on those who threaten the vulnerable members of our community, however they do it. I can't be part of a team that is more worried about protecting themselves than minors. I appreciate that all we can do is, at most, ban them from our servers "wooptydoo", but we need to try and deter them from doing it.

So I am sorry to say bye for now.
I hope this is not taken as a rant, but as a plea for change, I love this community, I only want the best for it, but I feel useless in changing anything.
I hope we change, and if we do I will return, but for now, I cannot continue being a staff member.

Last edited:

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
First!

EDIT: I realize it's kind of mean to just say "FIRST!" on a thread so I just wanna say this. Even though we didn't personally know each other, I thought you were a great moderator in general! I hope you actually reapply one day! ;)

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Awww Mr. Dice. :c Though we never met, I heard your pretty generous with those steam games.

HarborSeal

Platinum
Reaction score
Bye Dice. Good luck on whatever the future may hold for you.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Man, there goes another :(
Sad to see you leave...

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
i sincerely hope your words are taken into consideration and are understood by a staff member

523ashley

Career
Reaction score
This, is saddening, but I wish you the best of luck in life anyways ;-;

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Aww... 7 good mods left.

Never really met you, but we had some good times on the TE server. Sad to see you leave the Staff team.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci