• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Review of KitPVP

What do you agree with?

• Flaw #1

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Flaw #2

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Flaw #3

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Flaw #4

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Flaw #5

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • None of these

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
So, as we all know MCSG has come up with the death of Roxbot, the destroyer of MCSwish, and a very fun gamemode known as KitPVP. KitPVP is a basic concept, get a kit, go in an arena, destroy or die. However, there are some major faults to it, which I will build upon here.

1. #D Spawnpoint. The server signs are arranged in such a way that there is one specific spawnpoint that is the easiest to select, and therefore the most visited spawn. Though the gamemode gives you a few seconds of invincibility to block spawn camping, the very crowded area provides a really bad spawn experience. This could be changed by a) organizing the signs in a way that would favor a sign less or b) have only one sign that sends you to one of those random locations, but keep donor signs as a nice premium upgrade

2. No deathmessages. Honestly, I'm really bothered by the lack of deathmessages. To always have to guess who I killed, and if I really killed them and it wasn't one of those annoying clean-uppers is quite annoying, and with an up-and-coming leaderboard system, it would be very helpful to know if you actually got the kill.

3. Differnt kits. On an development board for KitPVP, I saw that new kits were to be introduced. Personally, I don't like the idea of different kits. It provides an opportunity for unfairness, and may lead to contradicting problems with MCSG's fair system of not having to pay to win if there are any premium only kits. If there were kits, they'd have to be VERY fair. In my opinion, the best way to do this would be to create a self test for certain kits based off sword damage, armor points, additional potions, and try to match up kits that would be very close to each other in points.

4. Hackusations. Hackusations is when a player accuses another player of hacking. Both accusing players of hacking and hacking are against the rules at MCGamer, but the problem with KitPVP servers, is that they attract a lot of hackers, and with a lot of hackers comes hackusations, A positive thinkg about hacks in KitPVP servers, is that they're pretty easy to spot, the hackers are audacious and careless, however, the size of MCGamer's KitPVP servers make it that finding a hacker to record is a problem, and can many times be the reason a hacker manages to escape the ban hammer. A solution to this could be the implementation of a /report <player> <reason>. This would send a message to available hub mods, and inform them of a possible rule-breaker.

5. Slot in Compass Menu. Pretty simple request, put a KitPVP slot in the teleport menu. Personally I've been using /server pvp, but a menu icon would be a lot better, and also bring more traffic to the gamemode that will be needed when more maps are added.

*Please, if you disagree with one of the flaws I've listed, please explain why maturely with NO FLAME

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
Didn't even know kit pop existed, lol.
I advise going on Oreso ecraft for ideas, they got a great k/d system as well as leader boards and nice maps. "Not trying to advertise although I probably am"

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I thought the Kit PvP was perfect, but this proves that its bad :p

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
I thought the Kit PvP was perfect, but this proves that its bad :p
It's not that I think it's bad; I love KitPVP. I just feel that there are some obvious things that can be fixed to make it a lot better.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
4. Hackusations. Hackusations is when a player accuses another player of hacking. Both accusing players of hacking and hacking are against the rules at MCGamer, but the problem with KitPVP servers, is that they attract a lot of hackers, and with a lot of hackers comes hackusations, A positive thinkg about hacks in KitPVP servers, is that they're pretty easy to spot, the hackers are audacious and careless, however, the size of MCGamer's KitPVP servers make it that finding a hacker to record is a problem, and can many times be the reason a hacker manages to escape the ban hammer. A solution to this could be the implementation of a /report <player> <reason>. This would send a message to available hub mods, and inform them of a possible rule-breaker.
I agree with this, but the last part about /report <player> <reason>

Only flaw with this, normal off duty moderators would get spammed in their chat, perhaps they are reading another players problem? I think this would need a sorta "kitpvp" mod. This is not a comepletly seperate section, if you're a mod already you're a mod on kitpvp, but the kitpvp mods would be the ones who are getting these reports.

*Note: This wouldnt requre a seperate application, but just a few selected mods to moderate that.

L

Lululioness

Don't forget it's still in beta c: But yes, this stuff does need to be fixed/added.

dq

District 13
Reaction score
moved to KitPVP section m@es

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci