• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My sincere apologies MCSG.

starstrong

Platinum
Reaction score
I agreed with your video. The Staff stick to a script, as if they aren't allowed to say anything other then what the rules say. They don't give you second chances, they immediantly assume abbreviations are meant for the wrong, 90% of the staff don't reason with you.

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly when I first heard about this situation/when people asked me about it I simply told them I didn't have an opinion and didn't want to get involved because I, being a staff member of almost 10 months now absolutely love my position here and even hearing about people say "the staff are rubbish" really does get to me because I have spent so much time, day after day trying to improve this community as Cameron mentioned above, especially if it is directed at the duties we perform, a lot of people seem to forget that we are all human beings and cannot spend 24/7 on the servers banning hackers/abusers, we make mistakes, we aren't perfect and hey we've never claimed to be perfect.

I am grateful for you coming forward with this thread and explaining yourself in a more sincere, mature way, because believe it or not we try and take in every suggestion we get and do what we can at that moment to change what is being suggested to us, some things we are suggested go into plan but aren't immediately added because they need to be discussed, planned out and generally have them made fool proof and loop hole free, for example, the allowing of toggle sneak and toggle sprint, although these things have a way of being used with malicious intent the upper staff still got together and knuckled out all of the malicious possibilities of these two things and excluded them from what they classed as "allowed". It's not as easy as receiving the suggestion and immediately implementing it.

Believe me when I say we are more than open for suggestions and we want to make our community happy but as I was saying to a couple of my friends the other day, it doesn't seem to matter what we add/remove/change, there will ALWAYS be something else the community wants done differently and those things may not always be achievable at that time but we need you guys to be patient with us and not give up on us because we are trying and we still have fight left in us if you guys are willing to fight back too and help us by not being so quick to judge/compare us to other servers.

I could probably go on for another 5 paragraphs but I'll cut myself short here and just say thank you for making this thread, thank you for acknowledging the wrong in it all and attempting to make a difference, it really is appreciated.
But please don't be so quick to judge our staff team, we're only human and a lot of us moderators are just here to try their best to make the community happy however we can.

Thank you if you read the whole way through.

Have a great day/night.

Remy2402

Experienced
Reaction score
I would also like to throw my 2 cents in here on the topic of staff and some of the comments here.

It seems to me that people think we cannot ban hackers and that we still let them run amok. If it wasn't confidential, you would see via our staff panel, how many hackers we actually do ban. We have a custom reports channel on our Slack (our communication service) that allows us to see when you guys report hackers and we really do watch it and listen to it. The development team tries their best to give us the best tools to remove hackers and we try our best to use those tools.

Everyone in the staff team tries their hardest to get rid of the hackers in this community. We too were once green beans/donors like you and we too wanted hackers out of this community and we still do! When we join the staff team, we don't instantly decide to let hackers run loose. Unfortunately, the problem is that we are actually humans and not robot slaves. We too go to school, we too go to parties and social events. We too have lives outside of our job here and it seems that some people do not take that into consideration.

Thousands of new people sign into the server every day and we cannot control whether or not they decide to use hacks. Unfortunately, there are more new hackers coming in than we can ban the current ones. We need more staff and our senior moderators are doing their best to help with that but we cannot open the flood gates and let everyone into the team.

Believe it or not, we do want what is best for the community and the senior staff do listen to every suggestion you have. But, if you want something you suggested to be done, you need to be mature, patient, realistic and understanding and if our senior staff think its a good idea, it might just get done.

Regarding unfair bans, this is quite a simple answer/topic. If you believe you were banned unfairly, make a ban dispute. Every punishment we do, has a good reason and has evidence. If you believe a Moderator is not doing their job, report them to senior staff with evidence.

Thanks

P.S: This is not to cause flame. Just want to state my opinion on some of the comments.

Holla

Spectator
Reaction score
I guarantee this had to do with bribing, like it was with iBeat.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
i think this game mode ided a long time ago
Sorry I had to dqt

Honestly, its gotten to the point to where I don't even think that the staff is the main issue anymore, it is the members of the community.

Think about it. What makes people rage the most on this server?

Staff wise: wrongful bans(not nearly as many now adays as back in the past),making things illegal that shouldn't (gamma and toggle sprint) which are both legal now, glitches like fire and bow not working(both have been fixed on certain servers). You can say staff doesn't do enough to ban hackers, but is that really more staffs fault? or the players who are the ones hacking?

Player wise: hackers (countless people using smooth aimbot n whatnot, teamers(yes they made sg solo, but it's not that good with only being 12 man servers, and having its own seperate leaderboards and no chat talking), trash talk, tryhards, targeters who refuse to allow good players or well known players play in peace, along with other that I can't even think of atm.

The way I see it now, it's more the people of the community who are ruining this server, not the staff. The only way this server ever is to get anywhere, the only way it is to ever start growing again, is for the community to do their part. We honestly cannot sit there and just blame staff for everything wrong with this server. You all have to do your part.

If this server dies, it's not going to be because of staff, it's going to be because of the people who make the staffs job so hard. It's going to be the faults of the people who sit there and be the worst kind of people imaginable just to get a win, get a reaction out of someone, piss someone off in general or just to get a laugh themselves.
The simple fact is that it's hard to change the mindset of the masses, especially when there are certain expectations and opinions deeply engraved in the minds of our general population. Moderators can do their regular duties on this server and still be harassed, slandered, and called corrupt when moderators on another server with a more positive player base can be doing the same things, but being accepted and encouraged.

It's all about the mindset of the community at this point and whether people are willing to grow up and get over the fact that things need to stop being blown out of proportion.

Jordaan_LIVE

Spectator
Reaction score
Well Cameron no offense but instead of making new maps/games, you should try and fix the ones you have. Like MCSG, there is the Eating glitch, the bow not shooting, and the flint and steel not placing. And over the past few days of playing I have ( and lots others also) the armor is duplicating when you put it on. Even tho this just started last week. You should try and fix MCSG first.

-Jordan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci