• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My story? Leaving 'reason'

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
So um, how do I start? First of all for those who don't know me, I go by the names of Billabongboy, Billa, Billaaaa or just Jake. I currently finishing High school, as of the next few days, and I would like to explain my sudden disappearance to whom a number of people were concerned. So I guess you could call this 'my story'.

So, I started playing this game when I was around 13 years old (16 now) and as for this part I'm not going to go into too much detail of my time here, and my experiences, but this is more focused to enlighten others of my real story. I was climbed the leader boards as such, playing for fun yet still managing to become 2nd in Australia, and 7th in the world. This happened one year ago from this month, for some of you, this is an incredible feet and should be recognised, others believe that it could be improved more, or whatever. I have not come here to brag, but just to remind if you couldn't exactly remember who I am.

Now, Around February/March I suddenly disappeared, many people knew me of the active person and just a casual video game player, known to be online most times. As of this, I stopped. Games didn't see fit and as interesting as they used to be. However, that mentality carried over into real life situations. The sport I had been practising for wasn't as exciting as when I joined, and I didn't want to be a part of it anymore. Similar things happened at school, I somehow enjoyed going to school for the first 2 and a bit months of the year, but everything gradually just went downhill. I ignored many of friends asking about my concerns, I always gave a negative attitude towards people and other objects if anything were to go wrong, and my life turned into a disaster, absolutely nothing to enjoy in life. Every day I was down, and didn't have the courage or motivation to get back up on my feet again. My mother took me to the doctor as she was worried, she had seen me fall from my peek over the coming months, and decided it was time. After this occurrence, the doctor diagnosed me with depression. Now please, if you are going to write something, please don't say anything such as 'I hope you're feeling better' or whatever, I am not here for sympathy, just to explain what has gone wrong. So, as I was told this I didn't know what to do, no one else knew besides my mother and I, I rarely speak to my father as he has moved away with his new girlfriend, and I just don't know..

Just take notes from this: From that day forth, I have tried to become a much more positive person, with how I speak to people, how I treat them, and other various ways of just being nice. I mean, just because this is the internet, there are still people behind that username you just discriminated, there is a person behind amount of text you just sent to them explaining how 'horrible' you think they are. Just please, treat everyone with the amount of decency and respect you deserve, doesn’t matter on their gender, race, height, weight whatever. Whenever playing with someone in a game, whether it'd be MCSG, CS:GO, League of Legends, or any other game you and your friends play, don't abuse them because did something wrong, especially if you bring something personal they've told you about their life. They tell you that stuff for a reason, not to be hated for it. They have a trust in you, and I personally feel some of my relationships with others on the internet are greater than some of them I have in person. Even if you're in a bad mood, or something that has made your day bad, just giving someone a 'Hi' or a nice compliment can make them feel better, most of the time, making you feel better too. It is not bad to be nice to someone you are usually mean to, the first established relationship with someone whether it is hatred or despise etc. just try and start a normal conversation with the and turn it around and try make a better relationship then your first one, if they don't respond to it nicely, or don't have the decency to reply, instead of flaming and stuff that could get you into an even worse situations then you're currently in, just don't speak to them or anything along the lines of communicating. Some people just need to realise that there are nice people out in this world, and you can easily be one of them.

I thank you for reading this as I believe people understand that being hated isn’t a good thing, nor is treating someone horribly. As for my journey with MCGamer, it has been rough, yet I hope to rekindle my enjoyment for Minecraft and these servers, with the hope of regaining my skill potential and even making a few nifty montages for those people who enjoy it. For those who have read this, I thank you, and hope you have a wonderful day.

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
That's a great story. Glad to see you, even if it is just a post. :)

DarkEvil

Tribute
Reaction score
Never knew who you were, but I'm gonna love you because of that SAO signature <3

Waffles

District 13
Reaction score
:D Glad to see you're still with us. Hope you come back to playing Minecraft aswell :)

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Glad to see you finally post why you mysteriously disappeared out of the blue on day and I hope that one day I see you once again on MCGamer servers. Can I also say that your story moved me, I realised that abuse isn't ever the solution to problems and that everyone should always be treated equally no matter of any race, gender etc.

<3

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Thankyou! one of the AU gods is returning!
glad to have you back, just remember to enjoy life's little things as that's what makes the journey worth while :)
as far as I'm aware, you and snochet are they only remaining Phoenix members, I think Blake and relentless force are still around... but yeah.
Also i would like to let you know that the thread you made before your disappearance about advanced PVP and tactics, has been the most helpful and inspirational threads so far that I have ever seen on the forums and to this day has been a key factor in me getting better than a 25% ratio.
see ya round Jake :p

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
jake das so deep <3 have my bbys pls

seriously though, hope stuff gets better for u dude :) i also feel like some of my 'internet relationships' are better than ones i have in real life. I think its cuz we dont really have a reason to hide stuff from each other cuz it isnt going to affect our real lives, so we can just be 100% honest and actually enjoy each other, not just put on fake personas when talking to certain people. That's what gets me depressed the most, but with fenix it's different. I can just be honest, even tho sometimes i should probably stfu xD

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Even though I wasn't very active in the AU community, I saw you around the forums a ton, especially in mid-late 2013. It's good to see that you're changing your attitude towards things, a very healthy choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci