• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My strategy/Some tips.

TheClone

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I have been playing MCGamer for a long time but with the name change update I decided to make a new forum account and start anew, I will attempt to be as helpful as I can so if you ever need anything(I can't make any promises) I'll try my best to assist you :). Other than that this guide is just going to be about pvp, possibly going to do some tips on how to decrease lag, but I'm not sure, anyways, hope this helps and if you have anything you want to question/add go ahead! This is completely open and for discussion.

Gear: Obviously you all know that you need gear to win SG, but do you know which gear is right for you? This will help you figure out a bit. The game makes it pretty simple to get items(On most maps) and therefore makes it easy to get a weapon, but I find there are many different ways to pvp, some want to do the most damage, some want to learn to hit faster, some even want a challenge, but the majority of people just want to get whatever weapon they can to win. Here is a weapon/armor guide that might help you a bit:
Leather<Gold
Gold=Chain(Less durability for gold, only disadvantage)
Chain/Gold<Iron
Iron<Diamond
Enchanted: When you enchant items they obviously become more powerful, but when is the stage that they actually become better than the next armor? Well, the base armor for me seems to be very simple to figure out which is stronger than the other, of course I can't say exactly which enchants= a certain tier I can give you a little insight into my theory:
Prot 1 leather=Gold(and durability)
Prot 2 leather<Iron
Prot 1 gold<Iron
Prot 2 gold/chain<Iron
Prot 3 gold/chain= Iron
Prot 1 Iron<Diamond
Prot 2 Iron<Diamond
Prot 3 Iron<Diamond(Just a little less)
Prot 4 Iron= Diamond(Little more than dia)

Now that we've gotten past the armor here are the weapon/item damage stats:Basically when you just get random items from a chest that aren't weapons they don't display attack damage, this is because they register in Minecraft as the same as a fist, these will not give you any advantage over a player other than to hit them back which can be useful at times but risky. This following little guide will show you which weapon trumps another and a guide to figuring out how much damage something has without looking in your inventory(Easy to figure out how much damage another player can deal compared to you)
Tools:
Let me start of by saying with all of the tools that gold=wood, they do the same amount of attack damage, but gold just has worse durability, I will also state that besides the "Hoe" tool, every tool does damage(Yes, flint does damage if you want to try and be smart, you can use it to inflict damage)
Shovels-
Gold+Wood= 1 attack damage(Increasing by 1 each material tier)
Stone= 2 attack damage
Iron= 3 attack damage
Diamond= 4 attack damage
Axes-
Gold+Wood= 3 attack damage(Increasing by 1 each tier)
Stone= 4 attack damage
Iron= 5 attack damage
Diamond= 6 attack damage
Picks-
Gold+Wood= 2 attack damage(Increasing by 1 each tier)
Stone= 3
Iron= 4
Diamond= 5
Swords-
Gold+Wood= 4(Increasing by 1 each tier)
Stone= 5
Iron= 6
Diamond= 7
Enchants:
Sharpness- This enchantment(per level, up to 5/V) will give you a 1.25 increase in attack damage of any weapon(Including ones that don't currently have attack damage)

Fire Aspect- This will give you a fire filled death with half a heart of fire damage per second for 5 or so seconds, unlike poison if given the chance it will kill you and will also refresh each time you get hit by a weapon of this enchantment(The enchant level goes up to 2/II, II will give no increase in damage but it will in time)

Strafing: I do not currently know the best way to tell you how to strafe, however what strafing is is simply evading the opposing players hits, whether this be by comboing, straightlining or however you want to go about it, the objective is to avoid hits. I suggest using the widely popular strafe known as the "Caden Circles", this is where you press A or D and circle the player you're fighting while trying to get behind them and get as many hits as possible. Here is a video that might help you:

Combo: This strategy is used usually when the player has better gear than you and when you are an experienced PVPer who knows all the tips and tricks. The combo technique allows players to rapidly hit the opponent dealing massive damage without them getting a hit! It usually ends with the player dying with the first combo or running and leaving himself defenseless in which case you can kill him in ranged combat. The way I combo is rapidly hit A and D while pressing the sprint button(I have set to ctrl). When you combo you never want to crit unless the player is running away, critting makes the player(you) jump and in that case when you're trying to get hits on him it never works out, he will gain the advantage and most likely kill you unless you're skilled. Here are some tools/tricks to get into a combo.
- Fishing rod a player who's coming towards you then hotkey to your sword and engage in a fight
- Run away to pretend like you're afraid but then jump on an elevated block(Most preferably a hill) and turn around to crit him then start the combo.
- Flint and steel a player then while he is at a disadvantage try and get as many hits in as possible.

Now, I understand this guide may be simple for some of you but it is just me trying to help, if you feel like any of this is incorrect I'm sorry but it's just the way I pvp and a guide for new or inexperienced players to start off. Thank you for reading and I'll be adding to this tomorrow when I have time to write.

TheClone

Survivor
Reaction score
I'll be doing updates in the comments instead of the thread, so:
Lag Decreasing: Many people get so called "lag" from 1.8, mostly it's not from 1.8 but just the stress it causes more than previous versions, so to help decrease lag(Note that this is FPS lag, not connectivity issues/ping), I've come up with a few tips such as:
- Going into task manager and deleting the 2nd "Java SE Binary platform" running which will be distinguished by it being a background process, this is not needed and it is just something still running from your old session, right click it and click "end task", you need to do this every time you re-open MC but it's worth it.

- Secondly while you are in task manager you want to right click the first Java program running and go into "Details", now you will see something named "Java.exe" or something alike, I want you to right click that and click "set priority", scroll down the list and set it to "High", this will allocate more of your resources to running Minecraft and thus will get rid of more lag.

- Thirdly I would get the latest Optifine version available and set the correct settings so that you aren't using as much of your allocated memory to Minecraft as you have. To find out how to better use your settings there will be tooltips when you hover over many of the options, these will tell you what the feature does and possibly even which setting is fastest for the option.

Hope this helped, I'll be doing another update soon.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
Or just get Optifine U-C7 for 1.8.1 and play on 1.8.1. The new frames on that update is amazing, but 1.8.2 is even better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci