• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My suggestion... (This will stop campers and more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Zuko don't make a new post to reply to all the other replies you got. If you need, you can edit it into the original post you made instead of having 5 posts in a row.

You can't get iron armour in any chests except the cornucopia on the 2nd map. Or gold, or chain. You can only get leather armour on the outer chests. There are also no diamonds. If you got a sword, advance your PvP skill to the point where you can kill a team of 2 with better armour and weapons at least. That way you should be able to easily hold the cornucopia.

What of this fights take most skill? The man that hunting another person with a good sword (I actual use creepers) Or a fair fight with leather/chain/gold armour and a stone/iron/wood sword/axe vs the same?
The man that hunting another person with a good sword. It takes more skill to get that better stuff, and it involves getting atleast 2-3 kills normally. That takes skill. A fair fight is easy to win. I normally win even if someone has better stuff than me. Like I said, practice your PvP!

I know that 1.7 not was so early but I have at least played before creative and the new world generator! And, how can a person play a game he never heard of?
1.7 Was since summer. That's almost a year ago. That should have given you time, I only played actively for a couple months before you. I did play before that, but I only knew about the game and bought it. I only played it if I got bored.(Early Beta/late Alpha)

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
Sheesh this has become a bit of a flame war, hasn't it? (HalfSquirrel seems to do that to threads...)

Personally, I don't really like the suggestions here. Iron armor and diamond swords are perfectly fair, the problem is that they are centralized in one location (the Corn) and so players camp there to get all the good gear. I think it would be better if iron ingots, and diamonds were found throughout the map (in limited supply, of course), because it would actually promote players going around from chest to chest. Perhaps the corn can have a greater chance of the better gear, but I think if all the chests have similar-ish items then it'll actually promote players wandering around.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sheesh this has become a bit of a flame war, hasn't it? (HalfSquirrel seems to do that to threads...)

Personally, I don't really like the suggestions here. Iron armor and diamond swords are perfectly fair, the problem is that they are centralized in one location (the Corn) and so players camp there to get all the good gear. I think it would be better if iron ingots, and diamonds were found throughout the map (in limited supply, of course), because it would actually promote players going around from chest to chest. Perhaps the corn can have a greater chance of the better gear, but I think if all the chests have similar-ish items then it'll actually promote players wandering around.
This guy rules :p

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score

Sorry if I seem mean, I'm not trying to. Will try to be nicer in the future :D
I like the idea of making all the items that can spawn in cornucopia chests able of spawning in chests all around the map. Except that all those items would have to have a much smaller chance of appearing, and maybe no chance of appearing at the beginning of the game. After the first night though, all those cornucopia items should appear in all chests at a lower chance.
Also, diamonds shouldn't spawn in random chests. They are probably the best item in the game, and when you see someone pull out their diamond sword you will usually think "Whoa! I don't wanna mess with him!" because he probably has at least fairly good PvP skill to have gotten 2 diamonds on the first day.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry if I seem mean, I'm not trying to. Will try to be nicer in the future :D
I like the idea of making all the items that can spawn in cornucopia chests able of spawning in chests all around the map. Except that all those items would have to have a much smaller chance of appearing, and maybe no chance of appearing at the beginning of the game. After the first night though, all those cornucopia items should appear in all chests at a lower chance.
Also, diamonds shouldn't spawn in random chests. They are probably the best item in the game, and when you see someone pull out their diamond sword you will usually think "Whoa! I don't wanna mess with him!" because he probably has at least fairly good PvP skill to have gotten 2 diamonds on the first day.
I never find anyone with a diamond on the first day

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I never find anyone with a diamond on the first day
Really? I get at least one game per day normally where I find a diamond in the first day. If you kill like 10 people before the chest refill, chances are you will get at least 1 diamond.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Really? I get at least one game per day normally where I find a diamond in the first day. If you kill like 10 people before the chest refill, chances are you will get at least 1 diamond.
To find 1 diamond are not rare... But 2! And i never find anyone with a diamond first day

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
To find 1 diamond are not rare... But 2! And i never find anyone with a diamond first day
I believe that 1-4 diamonds spawn in the cornucopia each day (including beginning of game). So if you get 1, go quickly find a sword from some other chest. Then go hunting and kill everyone you see. Chances are you will get at least 1 diamond from that. Either way, you will probably get an iron sword at least, and that's not much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci