• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My view on mini-mods

Reaction score
Imo, mini-mods aren't the best kind of thing for a community like MCGamer. We have mods to enforce the ruels and guide the players and they're enough. Helping some people is ok, but not copy-pasted low effort "Please apply for mod here" "If you think you were unfairly banned" messages in situtations that don't even fit.
As Mamiamato said, sometimes someone might just say his opinion and then a mini-mod will copy-paste one of these messages for no reason.
Mini-mods are just plain annoying and most of them just do this to suck up to the staff and (they believe) to have higher chances of getting accepted as mod.
If you want to help the community that much, just apply for mod, or just don't do all of this.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly they can help us when we need it and assist us with a few things here and there, but if they're finding everything wrong with every thread and think everything is against the rules because they think they know it all, then that's when we have a problem and we realize that they're going hard in the paint for the actual Mod rank. Sort of like what Ceroria said. I mean, if you're chill about it and do it here and there a few times a day then we give you respect :)

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Im a "Mini-Moderator" myself but i do it to help the community i once prevented a ddoser from DDosing other moderators when he DDosed Amber, so im not in it for the mod rank i just want to help out others to the best of my abilities without the rank.
Bless your soul <3

Anyway, it's nice at times when people help out a bit, as it does make our jobs (as the staff team) easier overall and promotes good behaviour throughout the community. In moderation, it can be viewed as a kind action that people do just to help out. In that case, it's fine. Sometimes people do it because they want to help, some people do it for helping and improving their chances of getting in the staff team, and that's also fine.

However, if you're doing it purely for the fact that you want to get mod and constantly correct moderators or attempt to give out warnings with moderators, it gets irritating. It shows that you don't actually care about this place and value ranks over people, something you shouldn't value as a staff members. That being said, of course we (the staff team) all wanted the rank, but the difference is whether you truly want it for the community or not.
There's a certain line you don't cross, one where helpfulness gets to irritation and good will becomes almost a bit self-beneficial.

Overall, it's appreciated, but if you go way overboard and start to completely act like a moderator (e.g. giving out warnings, asking staff if they need help with their moderation duties, etc..), it can get annoying and irritating for both the staff team and community.

Lubbers

Platinum
Reaction score
Im a "Mini-Moderator" myself but i do it to help the community i once prevented a ddoser from DDosing other moderators when he DDosed Amber, so im not in it for the mod rank i just want to help out others to the best of my abilities without the rank.
That me, but to be honest I'm not afraid to admit that I am a "mini-mod". I don't do it for the mod rank I do it because I love this community, and want to help it become better. People constantly call me a "mini-mod" just for stating the rules, even though levi_the_potato is always backing me up. :D

Last edited:

Swoopz

Career
Reaction score
That me, but to be honest I'm not afraid to admit that I am a "mini-mod". I don't do it for the mod rank I do it because I love this community, and want to help it become better. People constantly call me a "mini-mod" just for stating the rules, even though levi_the_potato is always backing me up. :D
You read my mind.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
How exactly did you stop a ddoser from ddosing? I'd like to know...

Intensagod

Platinum
Reaction score
for ddos I use fire with water (if someone ddoses me it goes to the police it costs alot of money but worth it)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
By saying stopped i mean he was dealt with by other moderators after i told like 3 sr mods about the situation, telling them he might come back on a vpn etc. it was also on ts after someone leaked AGFire2013 IP address BaccaBoy1999
Um no offense or anything but just because you informed Sr. Staff of a ddoser doesn't mean you stopped him. From my experience of communication with Sr. Staff, even as a moderator, they just tell me there's nothing they can do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci