• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My way of dealing with teams.

xXCireEricXx

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey what's up everyone. As you may know, teams are a very common thing in MCSG. Some people team, others stay solo. I have a strategy for a solo player taking on a team of 2 or 3 preferably. These are just a few tips that have helped me win quite a few matches against teams.
Pros probably already know this or don't agree, but this is mainly for beginners.

1.) Identify their armor/weapons
Pretty obvious, but knowing what kind of armor and weapons the team has determines how cautious you need to be and how to deal with them.
Say for example, they both have iron armor and diamond swords and you have a mix of chain/iron/gold and maybe leather with an iron sword. Your chances of taking them both on at the same time is not very good at all, so don't do it. You will still be able to take them on later.

2.) Be Patient
If you're still on the first day, don't attack them yet. Focus on finding better supplies. Arrows, better armor, diamonds, wolves etc. You still have another day to go, so don't feel rushed. However, if there are 4 people left (24 person server), you need to attack them ASAP, because they'll have a strong advantage in deathmatch.

3.) Meet your new best friend: Flint and Steel
I can't even count how many times I've beaten a team with flint and steel. This is one of the most important tools in fighting a team. Just let them charge you as you run backwards, light them on fire, and beat the living daylights out of 'em. You may be damaged, so you'll have to run away in order to regen and fight the other teammate(s) later.

4.) Being chased
It happens all the time. In that case, try to split them up. Once you get one of them alone, light their ass on fire and kill them.
- On map 2, I like to go to the Hotel (near the clock tower), climb all the way up and cut down the vines, then hit them if they come up.

Good luck, and hope these tips helped!

Rosza

Survivor
Reaction score
Nice thought out guide, will try some of these tips out! Thanks for the information !

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
on map 3 and 4 i like to lead them in the water and hit them back quickly and if they keep coming forward i hit them again and finish one off then run from the others. also if you have alot of arrows and a bow lead them into water it's easier to shoot them.

Ryblue123

Spectator
Reaction score
I like to run and when there very focused on chasing you, I run backwards and mashing my Mouse going straight threw them. it usually confuses them and hit there own teammate then just go at it!

Last edited:
J

Joel/MadDawg

Please don't lock this thread it is one of the oldest ones still around

ProHighJacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I used this strat just a while ago, What i did was.
Run.
Flint and Steel.
Run again.
Target one of them.
Kill them,
Walk off like a boss.

coolguy1264

Tribute
Reaction score
on map 3 and 4 i like to lead them in the water and hit them back quickly and if they keep coming forward i hit them again and finish one off then run from the others. also if you have alot of arrows and a bow lead them into water it's easier to shoot them.
That horrible moment, when you realize they have arrows. -_-

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
That horrible moment, when you realize they have arrows. -_-
Damn that Necro. that's one of my oldest posts ever. I sort of gave up on MCSG after about February so just disregard all my posts xD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci