• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Name Change Policy Updates

Reaction score
My name's TheBoyNextDoor and it's a reference from a Twitch streamer called Forsen, is that name allowed?

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I have a couple things I would like to say and ask:
- Thanks for the notice

- If you changed your alt or main account's name something similar to a Perm banned player on the MCGamer servers.

Here I'll give you an example:

Let's say my friend's In game name is istealthy and it is permed banned for "Hacking" on MCSG.
Then what if I actually like that name and I wanted to get it for my alt or main. So "iStealthyy" is going to be my alt account something similar to my "friends" account. Would that make it a perm ban? Because I would like to make sure, since I'm thinking about getting this once account that my friend has and and I really do enjoy the name. I do not want to get permed banned from having somewhat similar to the Perm'ed banned player's in game name.

Lastly, I would like to mention that sorry for bad grammar. Not the best at typing for essay's O_O

- Thanks once again!
No, if you change your name to anything on an account that isn't perma banned, it won't be banned. The bans will carry over name changes, so for example if istealthy changed his name he would still be banned. However if you changed yours to anything appropriate, iStealthyy is fine, then you won't be banned!

CarlyDolan

Survivor
Reaction score
Great stuff, Great stuff! This name change policy looks like its going to be quite helpful in some sorts to players :)

SKdragon

Spectator
Reaction score
Please tell me how i can change my name, i am new on MCSG please help me ;/

camui2001

Platinum
Reaction score
What if me and my friend intentionally have a similar name? Mine is 20p his is 25p? We are good friends will we get banned for similar names?

Ex0dUs101

Career
Reaction score
What if me and my friend intentionally have a similar name? Mine is 20p his is 25p? We are good friends will we get banned for similar names?
That's fine. It's if one of you uses the name to create a bad reputation for the other (I.E if I was to change my account name to L0velights and start abusing people)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci