• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Need Tips For PvP

Code220

Survivor
Reaction score
After you die during a game, watch some people play as a spectator... Youtube is ok but for the most part people will post videos making themselves look good but the best players have bad days too...

tommat6000

Experienced
Reaction score
Watch some good players on youtube definitely, I love ThatOneTomahawk's videos, but I guess his technique is really hard to copy. He strafes and block-hits at the same time. Do what he does, stay calm and set them on fire :)

Play on McSwish PvP server, theres loads of really great PvPers on there and they have a great new system with 1v1 fights: eu.mcswish.net

My technique for 1v1 fights on MCSG is to charge in and hit them with a fishing rod, if you do it right this confuses them for enough time for you to get some hits in. If you think you can take them out then, do it! If they are getting a lot of hits on you, hit them again with a rod to knock them back, then shoot some arrows at them and charge again. If you repeat this, you can find yourself killing loads of people who have better gear. If you are charged by someone, light the ground in front of you at the last second with a flint and steel, making a line of fire that they hopefully charge into. If they jump in water, dont let them out again, hit them and shoot them if they try.
Also if I am low, I start running, but I use F5 to check they are behind me and avoid arrows, then spin and light just in front of them with a flint and steel. Eat a golden apple while they are burning, then run behind them and...you know...
Dang, that's one of my longest posts...Hope I helped :D

coolguy1264

Tribute
Reaction score
don't rage its makes you way worse, flint and steel is your best friend, always use bow accuracy comes with practice, if u put these together with strafing you can kill teams people with way better stuff.

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
One can only get so good at mastering 'the swinging of the sword', what do I mean by this? Well, a 1v1 only has only so many aspects.. bow, flint and steel, rod and sword. The way I see it, once you've got quite good at these things then your 1v1 fighting 'skill level' increases logarithmically (please look that up if you don't know what I mean by it). What makes a good pvper in my opinion is someone who not only is able to do all the stuff I listed above (which you can) but also someone who does not risk dying. This might sound obvious or maybe even nooby but the way I see it, if two people who have mastered the art of bow, flint, rod and sword then who will come out on top? Well, the person who is losing.. the one who may have missed out on the first couple hits... or may have missed a couple bow shots. I feel like this is going on for way too long so i'm going to rap it up. I ALWAYS make sure I can run from a fight because running is necessary if you want to be the best. There will always be those times when you are overpowered and if you are good at 'reading hearts' and you can tell that you are losing then why not run and regen? turn around with some bow shots... be able to spin, fishing rod, hit, then keep running. 30% skill, 30% game-play, 30% equipment and 10% luck.

yozy3

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reaction score
What I try and do is to get the other person to chase you so that when you turn around you can light them on fire and then you hit them as much with your said then when they try and run shoot them a couple of times and they're dead, also try and critical hits on people because it deals an extra half a heart and if they get more hits you still have a chance.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Never attempt to learn certain techniques from others. As Darkrai said, it'll rate you second best, and of course the person who taught you it first. Go in to a regular single player and just mess around with the available objects within MCSG. Try bow shots from different angles. Try fishing-rodding something then practise switching to your sword from there. Master all basic aspects of PvP before entering the league of technical enhancements to the basic realm. Yes, adding enhancements before mastering all of it is good, but however bad. You then rely on that single area of combat. Example: A bow. You have a sword, everything else, no bow. You're thinking to yourself you can't win because of the fact that only the bow will keep you alive. This ends up putting you into a negative state of mind. You end up of course losing over and over.

Another decent way is just fight others that you'll know that'll destroy you. Learn their strategy in ways so that you can bypass their style so that they die.
Example: Darkrai relies on the fishing rod and sword, therefore - stay away from that. Use your bow, play defensive, and of course - play the other way round if someone is more defensive like myself.

Just 'tiny' way of explaining some stuff. I'll talk tomorrow on Skype, and expand a bit more than what I have said.

Saber

Survivor
Reaction score
Deal damage with a bow and fns if you can, once you've dealt around 3 hearts of damage.
Go in for the Kill.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Unless they engage you first, do not fight them unless you know you can win.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci