• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Never Regret

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
In light of the recent resignations, including some of which I have known for a while, I wanted to say some words. During life's great journey you focus so much on surviving and make sure you make the best choices for yourself, because that's how we were born. Because of this people take advantage of what they have. Caught up with the everyday problems of life, whatever country, religion, race, we forget how important some of these things are to us, especially friends.

What makes it worse is that this is the internet. If someone decides to disappear they are gone forever, unable to say another word to them. In real life there are so many easy ways of staying in touch that we suddenly take internet friendships the same way we take real life friendships. That's why when someone leaves for good, it feels like someone has ripped a part of your soul out and shoved it into your throat.

When people come up to me and say "it's just a block game," they fail to realise how people can connect to others on this server. People have amazing friendships, sometimes more than friendships, that some admit are better than their real life friendships. So many close friends, day after day playing MCSG, Skywars, CS:GO with the people they love; assuming they would be there forever.

When people come up to me and tell me about the "toxic community," they forget about how many people have bonded with each other, without being discriminated, judged or hated about who they are in real life. People come on these servers everyday escaping the real world, entering a virtual reality where friends are always on, always finding a way to make you smile. Maybe that's why there are some many MCGamer is dying threads, because of how amazing the past is.

Today I lost two good friends of mine that I never really got to talk to. Maybe they may be still around, but their resignation from the staff team feels more like they are leaving forever. Tiger When I quit I still browsed the forums from time to time and I saw you on there, moderating, making amazing posts and I had deep respect for you. When I joined the staff team, meeting you was something I didn't expect and I was really happy I could get to meet you. The only regret I have is not getting to know you more, maybe I should have come back earlier, or maybe I should have just gone on teamspeak more. I know your not gone forever, but I have the deep feeling of regret not being able to get to know you better.

Fancy I remember seeing you on prohijacker on AU. I thought you were just bad at minecraft and never had a single thought from there on. When I saw your new OhFancy forum account, I knew you were an old person but not sure who. I don't know when we started talking to each other, or when destiny connected our paths together. One thing I am sure of is that you are an amazing guy, that I just wish that I spent more time playing Minecraft so I could have gotten to know you better. We spent a fair amount of time together, but not enough. That is one of my regrets.

My time at MCGamer has been life changing. It was like being thrown in the real world, handling problems by yourself and choosing how you want to live life. By trying to make sure I did the best I could, I forgot about the most important thing, which I only realised until too late. Going back to my earlier point, internet friendships can end abruptly and not a word can be shared again. I have felt this feeling of regret too many times, that I haven't spent enough time with one person. I just want to say something to all of the people that play MCSG. Whoever you are, you have close friends that you wish you could spend the rest of your life with, but reality is is that you can't. So I say to every player that escapes the real world to play with these kind of friends, cherish every moment you have with your friends, because you never know when they will disappear. I wish that I could bring every internet friend back and talk with them just like I used to. I wish I did a lot of things, but one thing I do want is people to not have that feeling of regret. Never take your internet friends for granted, because one day you may never be able to talk to them again, and you'll never know what day that is.

hax

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCGamer might have had a decent community in the past but nowadays it is complete and utter trash compared to what it was. If you disagree with me then you are not experienced at all.

Swoopz

Career
Reaction score
MCGamer might have had a decent community in the past but nowadays it is complete and utter trash compared to what it was. If you disagree with me then you are not experienced at all.
Doesn't stop friendships from forming!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci