• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New MCSG Generation?

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
So recently, two new well known Kohi YouTubers joined the MCSG community. One of them known as TewChaynz, and the other one, Substain, who is currently in the Top 5 Kohi Gobal Elo Leaderboards. Why do we care? Well, considering these players have a huge fanbase, lots of them might be moving to MCSG, following their tracks. Lots of these players are competitive, and know lots of tactics that the MCSG community is not aware of. MCSG has lost lots of its competitive base over the past time, and the only community on MCSG that is competitive is the Clan Community.

Now obviously those people who play Kohi or the pot community, they are aware that it is filled with Ghost Clienters aka, Closet Cheaters. Now the MCSG community can expect a wave of Ghost Clienters, as of probably 35% of the community clients.

A solution for the Closet Cheaters? A screensharing system. Like kohi,if a staff member thinks you are hacking, but not quite sure, they will send you a message to join the kohi teamspeak in a certain period of time, and if you don't, or log off, you will be banned for ''Refusing to screenshare''. As a Sr.Mod stated, ''We would be interfering with people's privacy, and would be very unoriginal of us to copy the kohi community with this.'' When it comes to exposing Closet Cheaters *cough cough* Tenebrous12321 privacy doesn't matter. Yes I am aware of the Self-Destruct option in clients like spook and such, but some clienters forget to delete some stuff, like history wise like bignibbit and such.

Screensharing Staff? I think there should be separate staff for screensharing. I just think lots of staff members aren't up for the position for screensharing. Lots of Closet Cheaters would get away from the screenshare. I would suggest Ceroria to do training for this, or any staff member that comes from the pot community and is experienced with these kinds of things.

Competitive PvP? Like I said, expect some competitive PvP coming to MCSG, new techniques will be learned, like 8-blocking, butterfly clicking, new strafing techniques, A&D Strafing (My favorite strafe), etc. Lots of these players will be hackusated, without any doubt, but there has to be adapting to these new techniques that will be used.

N

Nikola

The thing is that they don't know how to use secondaries so my bow spam will be 2 op 5 them.. ;)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've always thought of screensharing as something that could possibly work, and if implemented effectively could definitely catch quite a few closet cheaters here and there. Overall, however, based on how the gameplay works on our network and the style of staffing/playerbase we have it probably would not play over too well.

It's worth a shot, but with new improvements coming to the anticheat and other things coming to improve our system of catching hackers it's likely to be low on the priority list.

FlippaNT_YT

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that old generation of MCSG players was much better becuse new players are 15% hackers 20% teamers and 90% would do anything for points.

Stralcsar

Career
Reaction score
Nobody on MCSG's staff team is knowledgeable enough to catch closet cheaters through screensharing

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
Nobody on MCSG's staff team is knowledgeable enough to catch closet cheaters through screensharing
Screensharing Staff? I think there should be separate staff for screensharing. I just think lots of staff members aren't up for the position for screensharing. Lots of Closet Cheaters would get away from the screenshare. I would suggest Ceroria to do training for this, or any staff member that comes from the pot community and is experienced with these kinds of things.

Stralcsar

Career
Reaction score
Nobody on mcsg is experienced though you dunce. Ceroria is not the second coming of jesus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci