• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Parkour Challenge

Is The New parkour Challenge Even Possible?

• Total voters

LeprechaunStew

Tribute
Reaction score
Ive been at this parkour challenge for daaaaaays now. I've gotten to the 4th and last area so many times its not even funny. Ive gotten so good at it i can beat the first 3 stages first try nearly every time. My real question here is has anyone actually beaten the 4th stage without cheating? I'm almost convinced it's currently impossible with NoCheatPlus. Every single attempt ive made i make it to the first piston and bam im teleported backwards to either the first wall piston block or the second. Anyone out there actually succeed past the lag and NoCheatPlus?

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I've made it before. 3 times actually.
I've learned what causes the pistons to do that - it's the server thinking your jumping while in the air, even though you are still on the piston. I counter it by being as quick as I possibly can.
Oh, and that's not the final part of the course. There is still a maze to go through afterwards (will probably take you 1.5 minutes if you don't know where to go.)

I have to agree though, NCP makes the course a ton harder than it should be.

LeprechaunStew

Tribute
Reaction score
I've made it before. 3 times actually.
I've learned what causes the pistons to do that - it's the server thinking your jumping while in the air, even though you are still on the piston. I counter it by being as quick as I possibly can.
Oh, and that's not the final part of the course. There is still a maze to go through afterwards (will probably take you 1.5 minutes if you don't know where to go.)

I have to agree though, NCP makes the course a ton harder than it should be.
I actually had a guy with me once and tried to jump onto the piston while he pressed the button still couldn't get it to work. The piston just knocked me up and down and i was unable to make the jump.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I actually had a guy with me once and tried to jump onto the piston while he pressed the button still couldn't get it to work. The piston just knocked me up and down and i was unable to make the jump.
Well, I think that was because you did it too quick, lol. You were where the block was supposed to be when it actually came out and it started glitching out a bit. (Had it happen to me with pistons in a map during a game...I was stuck the rest of the game.)

Personally, I just look at the button, and as soon as I right click, I move my view as fast as I can in the right direction and start sprinting...then the hard part is slowing down and waiting for the up and down pistons with correctly timed jumps.

LeprechaunStew

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, I think that was because you did it too quick, lol. You were where the block was supposed to be when it actually came out and it started glitching out a bit. (Had it happen to me with pistons in a map during a game...I was stuck the rest of the game.)

Personally, I just look at the button, and as soon as I right click, I move my view as fast as I can in the right direction and start sprinting...then the hard part is slowing down and waiting for the up and down pistons with correctly timed jumps.
I shale try again but that plan has never gotten me to the pistons thus far :p

Jetscat1

Survivor
Reaction score
As g33ke said, it's completely possible, do we need a new one? I don't think it's fair to judge that yet. I think prior to making any choices we should focus on the Plugin causing this course to be so hard. I assume the creators wanted it to be hard, but I hope they didn't use anti cheat too make it that hard. Once the plugin is updated/fixed, I think only then it'd be fair to judge if we need a new parkour arena. Because this part that's so called impossible, will happen on any Arenas we add. It's the plugin, not the Course it's self.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci