• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New PC...

Reaction score
Good choice, Alienware heating and customer support are both the worst I have ever seen on such an expensive product.
I agree with the overheating, but from my experience customer support is to an okay standard, not saying it's the best, but they're okay.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
If you can, build it. Or at least, buy the parts individually and get someone to put it together. You'll save so much that way. If you buy it instore you end up paying 000's just for someone to put it together and you don't get branded parts. 100FPS on minecraft is a lot, you don't really need that much. I'm getting a super computer in soon (we're talking GTX 780, i5 4770k etc) and I dont expect more than 60-70 fps. TLDR I'd build it. You get far less for money getting branded PC's.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
If you can, build it. Or at least, buy the parts individually and get someone to put it together. You'll save so much that way. If you buy it instore you end up paying 000's just for someone to put it together and you don't get branded parts. 100FPS on minecraft is a lot, you don't really need that much. I'm getting a super computer in soon (we're talking GTX 780, i5 4770k etc) and I dont expect more than 60-70 fps. TLDR I'd build it. You get far less for money getting branded PC's.
Expect a lot more than that xD

Reaction score
I've got a GTX 750ti and I get round 300+ fps :) So GTX780 should beast it

QualiaV2

Experienced
Reaction score
I didn't know i5 4770k's exist

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Get an HP Computer with at least an i5 processor and 6-8 GB of ram. Trust me, you should get 100fps on medium settings and optifine.
Screw HP, seriously. HP build such crappy unstable computers. Working in the IT department for a company, 3 out of 5 laptops are HP and are constantly given to us to fix. The latest HP given to us was brand new, hadn't even been switched on, I had to go through the whole installing stuff, did the updates, restarted and got bluescreen of death.

Never ever get HP........ unless its a printer, they are good.

QualiaV2

Experienced
Reaction score
Screw HP, seriously. HP build such crappy unstable computers. Working in the IT department for a company, 3 out of 5 laptops are HP and are constantly given to us to fix. The latest HP given to us was brand new, hadn't even been switched on, I had to go through the whole installing stuff, did the updates, restarted and got bluescreen of death.

Never ever get HP........ unless its a printer, they are good.
My HP printer sucked

J

Joel/MadDawg

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/j4x8jX
Here's a basic part list that I made in a few minutes. This computer would run minecraft probably around 200 fps on medium-high settings, and would do a decent job on other games if you wanted to play something different.

EDIT: You could probably buy a little less expensive cpu and graphics card if you wanted to save a little money.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
My HP printer sucked
Sure, there will be a printer that sucks, all companies that offer prints have one, but so far I've had little to no problem with HP printers. Laptops are horrible though.

Specton

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd say if you're only planning on playing minecraft, then this should do the job really well:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C2LtQ7

This is an APU build, which is absolutely fine if you want to play minecraft. If you want to upgrade later you can throw in another graphics card that can crossfire with the A10, although you should find out which cards work with it. Also, you should check the power consumption if you want to crossfire.

The computer that I built myself though has a separate graphics card and should cost you a little more, for which you will get better performance in GPU (graphics card) heavy games (minecraft isn't really a GPU-heavy game as far as I know though).
Here is a part list:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Dq8ndC

So these are the two builds I'd recommend for budget gaming right now. One thing you should do for yourself is check compatibility for all the parts (USB 3.0., Micro ATX in an ATX case (I'm not sure about that one)).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci