• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Profile Posts 'Section'

New Profile Posts box or Status Updates

• New Profile Posts rule!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Status Updates!!

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
.... is useless.

Really cant put it any other way, it takes up forum space and most of the time its

and just spam. The 'status' box on the front page is what people are mostly looking for, it is familiar and makes the forums a place where you get to know eachother. Know what's up, ask what's wrong etc. I really dislike having to go to the front page to see this, its out of the way and inconvenient.

Pros of having status update box:
  • Get to know what others are doing
  • Know whats on their mind
  • Provokes forum activity and user - user interaction
Pros of having Profile Post box:
  • Knows who's saying what to who
  • Might be easier to moderate
So yeah. Discuss and vote on the poll :)

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree, if I wanted to see what other people write to eachother I would go to THIS page for a larger overview. When quickly scrolling the forums I'm more interested in seeing status updates.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score

Maybe it is too much too ask for, but why not a Profile Posts Box and a Status Updates Box?

Anyway, if that isn't possible, I agree with you, I preferred it with Status Updates.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be honest, having them both would be pretty useful, yes, in a way it the Profile posts section in a way is seemingly useless, but it does let people know about what is in their mind, or if they could state something that could relate towards other players. Which provides an easier use of player interaction, like you stated.

c:

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Darn! I voted on the wrong one, on my own thread! lol.

Go status updates!

But yeah, why not both?

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
I would say both, but let's think about this.

A lot of status updates don't get any replies, so there would be a lot of repeats in the two boxes, which would look kind of silly and unprofessional. It would also take up more space.

That being said, I definitely liked seeing status updates more. Most profile posts are only a couple of words that do little more than joke around or agree on something, whereas status updates usually have more important information, interesting news, awesome quotes, etc... Profile posts are just too often banned players trying to dispute their bans on mods' profile pages, or just something pointless like "^", "yeah" or "cool".

So please, change it back to the way it was!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci