• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Survival Games Style

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I remember ages back there were servers which ran survival/hunger games where it was pretty much UHC without the regen limitation. It's clear to see that MCGamer is nowhere near as big as it used to be but with a little work it would be possible to make a gamemode like this more popular again.

In MCSG now tier 2 chests are everywhere and going for the corn chests is no longer that important. It used to be a huge advantage getting the chests at the start and now you can get that stuff far more safely within a minute or two if you know your way around a map.

What I am suggesting is a gamemode with a setup similar to MCSG maps with the 24 podiums at spawn but the only chests on the map are at the cornucopia. You can break all blocks just like you can in survival and there will be a limit to how far you can travel on the map due to a barrier.

Custom maps or just random generated maps will work (so long as podiums spawn around a fair cornucopia) and this allows there to be more skill involved as people need to be good at more than just memorizing a map layout.

Any thoughts?

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
I actually really like your ideas. Adding more high risk high reward situations is definitely something that can spice up the MCSG gamemode.

Quantum
Reaction score
Great idea, it reminds me of the MCPVP Soup Hunger Games! ;)

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I actually really like your ideas. Adding more high risk high reward situations is definitely something that can spice up the MCSG gamemode.
Back when MCSG was a new thing the chests around the map had junk in them most of the time meaning that camping around the edge was never a good idea. It still happened yes but if you used this tactic you had to be very sneaky in order to take down someone who was far more stacked than you. Now it's about routes which has made MCSG less about survival and more about running a route and then killing people. No real survival any more. It's PvP games.

Great idea, it reminds me of the MCPVP Soup Hunger Games! ;)
Can't honestly say I have or haven't tried this because I have floated around but I will try having a look and seeing what it's like. I am confident MCGamer could pull this off to a very high standard if they wanted to.

Reactions:

AlLuc

Career
Reaction score
Kezzer Have my babies.
It was actually SG back in the day rather than the PvP games, and whilst its not bad, their are many other game modes/servers that offer this sort of PvP. SG should be like SG as that was the thing that made this mode different from others, maybe on the basis of the v1 plugin? Good days.

Last edited:

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
It'd definitely be a lot of work adding a completely new gamemode to the servers.

It could be added but I don't see it happening in the near future

JustinNitz

Tribute
Reaction score
That's actually really good but I think the games will take like 4 hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci