• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Weapon types! Ideas for more verity!

Would you like a larger verity in Weapons?

• yes, I would like to see a bigger verity!

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no, Lets stick with what we got.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • depends, If they do something a bit different to make the game more interesting.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kang Kao

Spectator
Reaction score
If there is one type of thing that minecraft lacks its weapons, now I have no problem with the axe, sword and Bow, however sense minecraft has met the world of the hunger games and its based on combat and survival, I think it would be an interesting idea to have more verity.

Suggestions for bladed weapons: Falcata (Iberian sword), Gladius (Roman sword), Kintana (Samurai sword), Xiphos (Spartan sword), Kopis (Greek sword), Sica (Thracian sword), Falx (two handed Dacian sword).
Other close ranged weapons: Mace, Club, Tomahawk and Spear.
Ranged weapons: Javelins, rock sling, slingshot, crossbow (long reload time), and Throwing knives.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd like to see a chain mace that has the same mechanics as the fishing rod.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
While that would be cool, the amount of mods/plugins would be pretty big in order to incorporate all those into the games. I don't see anything like this happening for a good while.

unenergizer

Tribute
Reaction score
This is not world of warcraft. Mojang needs to finish that mod api.

Felix Griffin

Tribute
Reaction score
Even if we don't use a bunch of client mods to add those, giving out various enchanted items would add more variety. Or splash potions. Don't forget splash potions.

Z

ZombieTracker

Suggestions for bladed weapons: Falcata (Iberian sword), Gladius (Roman sword), Kintana (Samurai sword), Xiphos (Spartan sword), Kopis (Greek sword), Sica (Thracian sword), Falx (two handed Dacian sword).
Other close ranged weapons: Mace, Club, Tomahawk and Spear.
Ranged weapons: Javelins, rock sling, slingshot, crossbow (long reload time), and Throwing knives.
Talk to Mojang about those ideas, not us.

ThatDamnWalrus

Survivor
Reaction score
I dont see how a lot of this would ever work out in minecraft. Maybe make a mod.

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
Mcmmo supports the Axe as a power weapon. It would be interesting to see a plugin on the server the changes the properties of maybe axes and scythes to work as weapons and do different types of damage. Swords could be used for a bleeding effect, axes for critical strikes, and scythes for a weaker attack but a +1 reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci