• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Nex Arbor (WIP)

How's it looking?

• Good!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Bad!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aktikon

Survivor
Reaction score

Finally, I've gotten on to making another SG map! After my last one left much to be desired, I figured it was time to let loose and make another! Currently unfinished, and might be a little while before it is complete, so please pardon my dust.

After making Excavation Zero two years ago with some friends, it met some mixed reviews- namely with the difficulty of the cornucopia and a few other things. So, I thought I could do better and here is the (WIP) result!
Nex Arbor Necropolis:
The map is 500 blocks across and 500 blocks wide. 24 person cornucopia.
Features an underground maze-like catacomb in addition to the over world.
Lots of statues and tombs.
Currently, almost all above ground structure is complete- but am currently tring to find away around the lag that comes from having *lots* of trees. Also, some interior detailing needs to be finished up.
Underground is also nearly complete, but needs a fair amount of touching-up.
Chests have not been placed yet. (besides at the corn)
Deathmatch arena needs to be built.
No download YET. Gotta finish first.
For more pictures, please visit the project's Planet Minecraft page:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/nex-arbor-unfinished-project/

Some Screens:

Build Team: Don't have one.
Builders Terraformers Redstoners: (Myself)

-- Cheers!

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Mcsg doesn't deserve a good of a map as this

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
Holy moly! Sweet builds! Love it so far, just one thing, don't over do it, because MCSG maps need to combine simple with beauty. So far so good though!

Aktikon

Survivor
Reaction score
I love it but....

...needs more variation using two blocks isn't the most appealing.
Cant't wait for the outcome!
Welp, I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with the part about block variation. I think that block variation can help a map, but most certainly doesn't make the build. Besides, if an ancient civilization wanted to make a necropolis, (Let's say Egypt? Everything in the Karnack necropolis is made of sandstone that was chiseled and carved.), they wouldn't have all the resources that one today might have- so I did build it with some amount of realism in mind. Plus having a smaller block pallet makes it easier to focus on creativity- and hey! There 4 block types! ;)
Anyways, thanks for the candid advice! Honestly, if I wasn't already so far along in the project, I would most definitely take that advice, but with how close it is to completion I don't want to add more work on to it really. I've built this one for faaaaaar too long. :cry: :crying:

Berserker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Welp, I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with the part about block variation. I think that block variation can help a map, but most certainly doesn't make the build. Besides, if an ancient civilization wanted to make a necropolis, (Let's say Egypt? Everything in the Karnack necropolis is made of sandstone that was chiseled and carved.), they wouldn't have all the resources that one today might have- so I did build it with some amount of realism in mind. Plus having a smaller block pallet makes it easier to focus on creativity- and hey! There 4 block types! ;)
Anyways, thanks for the candid advice! Honestly, if I wasn't already so far along in the project, I would most definitely take that advice, but with how close it is to completion I don't want to add more work on to it really. I've built this one for faaaaaar too long. :cry: :crying:
Looking back on it don't change the blocks! It's amazing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci