• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide No-no Suggestions: Community Corner Edition! [Read Before Posting]

Did you find this helpful?

• Yes!

• I have something to add (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Greetings friends!

So as you may know, there are a couple of threads of this nature for different sections. The first being in the 'Feature Suggestions' section made by slasherxtreme that can be found here. And one in the Survival Games Discussions' section made by duckluv321 that can be found here. Now, without further ado, I present the 'no no suggestions' of the Community Corner!

"Too Many Hackers!"
The MCGamer staff knows fully well and understands that hackers are a problem. Hacking is a problem that occurs on all major networks, and only increases as the server grows in popularity. Threads regarding hackers will be locked immediately.

Staff Corruption
Some people are under the impression that the staff are corrupt, lazy, uncaring, etc. Whatever their thought process or bitter experience behind that is, some may never know however sometimes people make threads about how awful they think the staff is. These threads are simply there to spread false rumors and will be locked on sight, or moved depending on the severity of the allegations. Just because a mod didn't reply to your poke on teamspeak (most likely because said mod was dealing with another report...) doesn't mean you should come onto the forums and tell us how painfully corrupt, lazy, and awful you think we are. We're not. We're human beings that are trying to make the server as appealing to everyone as possible, if we tried to hurt MCSG, we most likely wouldn't be staff members. If you do however have a problem with a moderator, report it to Sr. Staff.

"Who is the best "
The rule on these threads is rather loose. It's not specifically against making threads like this, however it is more aimed towards repetitiveness. If you create a thread of this nature, make sure that there isn't currently an active one. This doesn't mean scanning the first couple of threads, dig through the first couple of pages of threads to make sure that there isn't another one currently active, or else yours may be locked as being a repeat.

Removing Maps
This was on Duck's No-No Suggestion thread, and I thought I'd bring it over here as well. The people who's maps were accepted by our network went through a thorough selection process to make sure that the maps were good enough for our network. If we feel as if a map should be removed due to it being underplayed, we will make that decision ourselves, there is no need to create any negative attention towards any maps or mapmakers. This goes for all threads along the lines of "Remove _____ Map" or "Which maps do you want to see removed?"

It is important to keep in mind that you are, in fact, allowed to speak your opinion. There is no rule against freedom of speech, however there is a rule against creating flame or arguments. If your "free speech" is hurtful or flame-causing, it will be removed to protect the well-being of our community.

Thank you for reading, make sure to keep this in mind while using our forums!

Happy posting!

(This can be edited, so if you have any suggestions, go ahead and tell me and I will add them if they are deemed worthy.)

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I must disagree with the removing maps part. As times go on, the bar for a map to get accepted is raised, as the quality of maps being created improves. Therefore, there may be older maps that are no longer to the same standard, and thus players should be able to voice their opinion towards there removal. In addition, even if it has great build quality, that does not mean that the play quality is also very good, and players should be able to share their opinions when they don't like a map. In terms of flaming, I don't see how debating whether or not a map should be removed is any different than any other thing we debate on these forums. Yes the thread must be respectful to everyone, including the map creators, but I don't see why map removal threads could cause any more flame than other debates.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Good list! Hopefully this can keep people from making so many of these threads.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I must disagree with the removing maps part. As times go on, the bar for a map to get accepted is raised, as the quality of maps being created improves. Therefore, there may be older maps that are no longer to the same standard, and thus players should be able to voice their opinion towards there removal. In addition, even if it has great build quality, that does not mean that the play quality is also very good, and players should be able to share their opinions when they don't like a map. In terms of flaming, I don't see how debating whether or not a map should be removed is any different than any other thing we debate on these forums. Yes the thread must be respectful to everyone, including the map creators, but I don't see why map removal threads could cause any more flame than other debates.
I agree with the fact that maps should be re-evaluated every once in a while. There have been some maps that I, and others, thought didn't meet expectations that the previous maps set, but discussing it in public is a no-no because it can cause flame if not handled correctly and could hurt the map maker as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci