• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

NoCheatMinus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaysWing

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This plugin is ruining the game. All I hear is "we're tweaking it," "be patient," "if we remove it there wil be hackers herp derp." I don't give a single crap about hackers. Let the hackers come, so long as NCP is gone.

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
I can in a sense understand the need for 1 thread on this topic but please refrain from continuously posting about it. Locking.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
This plugin is ruining the game. All I hear is "we're tweaking it," "be patient," "if we remove it there wil be hackers herp derp." I don't give a single crap about hackers. Let the hackers come, so long as NCP is gone.
No matter how many threads are made about this issue, it will not change.

You need to understand - the hackers would be far, far worse than NCP is now. We will not, under any circumstances, be removing NCP.

I'm sure you've seen the LeafyGreenTea video, right? Here's a little example for you...

*Chad removes NCP*
*Hacker with Nodus sees, then posts on the Nodus forums telling all fellow Nodus users to hack this really big server that removed NCP*
*Hundreds of hackers flow in*

And then, half the games for the next week are ruined by LeafyGreenTea like hackers - indestructible if they even have the slightest idea how to correctly use their hacks. This is just the Nodus forum users, too...

The mods simply would not be able to keep up with it, neither would the users reporting them. This is only the Nodus users specifically as well...have you noticed a large decrease in forcefield hackers since NCP changed?

The thing about these guys is that their forcefield isn't being blocked all the time, but it's often enough they don't even bother trying to use it...if given the chance to use it again, they will take the chance. That's another hundred easy hackers, and I'm just talking about US here...the amount of hackers joining the servers from many different places and many different reasons will simply be too much for the mods to keep up with, and at least every other game you would be killed by a hacker that's almost literally impossible to beat. At least NCP has a strategy to getting past it of which I use, I almost never get NCP'd...these hackers, however, are really, really tough to overcome.

More importantly, if you were here a couple months ago when NCP was down for a day (an accident.) you would know just how bad it gets - literally every 10th person I saw was using jump hack. (jumping 5 blocks in the air.) This is just jump hack, too. Reach hack worked as well and I was simply unable to fight them. Every other person I saw was hacking, and many other people also experienced this.

This has been discussed and brought up far, far too many times now. Nothing is going to change...do you have any idea how hard it is to just "fix" an issue like this? Put yourself in the Developers shoes - what do you think he needs to do to fix this? He might even need to find an entirely new method of catching forcefield hackers - that is not easy to come up with, let alone develop quickly...Patience is key.

Thread locked.

Edit: Seems I've been beaten to it...my habits of making huge posts is one I need to fix. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci