• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Of douchbaggery and trolls.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Because then we have more and more thread of "I was kicked for no reason" or "I wasn't warned" which would make situations a lot worse.
Maybe we should put a sign in the lobby which says cursing/swearing is kick without warning. Second time is 1 day ban. and so on.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe we should put a sign in the lobby which says cursing/swearing is kick without warning. Second time is 1 day ban. and so on.
there are already signs in the lobby which say inappropriate language is not permitted

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I honestly want to become a mod just so I can deal with these people; you're right, the amount of jerks on these is insane. I heard less swearing when I went to high school than I see on here. And this annoys me because I know there are many young players like my friend's 8 year-old brother on here who are seeing this.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I honestly want to become a mod just so I can deal with these people; you're right, the amount of jerks on these is insane. I heard less swearing when I went to high school than I see on here. And this annoys me because I know there are many young players like my friend's 8 year-old brother on here who are seeing this.
well currently we have closed the applications for mod apps but if you are active and of appropriate age then you may have a chance when they are reopened.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
But you can apply right? They just wont reply to it.
Don't apply now as they will most likely be denied right away on the grounds that you cant read that the applications are closed. This would also count as an application so therefore i advise you don't apply now

Reaction score
I think the community can be on par with that of the League of Legends one at times :-/ They really let that game down too :(

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
well currently we have closed the applications for mod apps but if you are active and of appropriate age then you may have a chance when they are reopened.
Sure, I might actually do that. I am definitely of age, my only problem is I can't record because I lag... :confused:

Reaction score
When I saw the title I thought this was going to be a rage thread, but yes, I agree.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
And such is the internet. Welcome!

Sadly, the internet is a place where people seem to get this wild and stupid idea that saying hurtful things and trolling causes no harm to the self, since you're anonymous, and is such, okay. What they don't realize is that this is the very reason the internet can be harmful to people, is that there will be that large group of non-trolls/non-hackers/generally not bad people who actually care about the words you say. These trolls/hackers/generally bad people are simply exploiting the fact that it's a lot harder for bad things to happen to them for their wrong doings than it would be in real life.

The other sad reality is that these people are entirely wrong. Doing bad things like that on the internet can harm your future of enjoyment, unless you picked carefully. A simple action like swearing on MCSG for example may not get you instantly banned, however it can ruin the way people see you. I'll be perfectly honest, the amount of grammar someone uses on their average post on a forum greatly effects my view on that person, and the type of language they use has an equal effect on me. (When it comes to grammar...I need to work on that actually. I misjudge a lot of people at first, and until I've seen them post for a while, I tend to have the wrong first impressions. One friend of mine on another server (and I tend to have a fairly small group of friends.) was actually someone who had some of the worst grammar I'd ever seen. (And he griefed my house the day he joined...this was a no grief server. :D) He and I were like exact opposites...anyway, back to what I was saying: )

Even people IRL that you had never told any of your account names online could view you the way people online did...if you aren't careful. Sometimes, when you tell someone even just your first and last name IRL...it's entirely possible for the person to investigate who you are exactly online. Anybody could if they knew how, provided there is enough to tell what accounts you used online. All that trolling that wasn't deleted, those videos of you hacking and swearing and messing with people...(If they weren't unlisted, which they are here 95% of the time, but not everywhere.) (Just to clarify: By you, I mean the people who do that stuff.) As long as there is enough linking something like your facebook account to your in game account, it wouldn't be impossible for someone to figure out exactly who you are online and judge you based on that. I just wish people understood that the internet is not a place for them to run wild and be idiots for their own amusement...there are risks to doing such a thing. (A note: I'm not saying any of this to scare you guys - it's really not that difficult to hide who you are online and make it extremely difficult for someone to find that kind of stuff...more importantly, the chances of someone actually looking online for that stuff isn't as high as I make it sound, but it can happen.)

I will in fact admit something: This account that I use on MCSG (G33ke) I originally bought as an alternate. I never intended for it to become my main like it is now. In fact...my first purpose for this account was to see exactly what fun people saw in griefing/hacking/trolling on other servers...I didn't get it. I had no fun - I just felt like a bad person (okay...well I had a bit of fun. :3) (Note: I did not come to MCSG to do that. I was done with that by then. I came on MCSG from a really large community on a really popular server, where if someone didn't know my alternate's name and the significance of it to that server, they were a noob. Had I joined MCSG on my now alternate, it would have caused issues over there...for reasons I won't go into detail about. Mainly, though, people that played there who also played here (which is actually a fair number.) would know who I am and it'd cause issues. I've seen a bunch of them playing here, (A good 20-30 at least once, which I consider a fair amount, considering those are only the ones I've seen and how much "damage" could have been caused from a single one of them knowing.) none of them recognized me, and I want it to stay that way.)

Anyway: The point I'm trying to make in this post is that as more and more people join this community, more and more of them will be spammers/trollers/hackers/stupid people. This is the sad cycle. When the servers are small, only those who care to play and have fun will look for it and find it, but once it gets big...it's so easy to find that it will generally be the first choice for those who are only here to mess with people. All we can do is fight harder and harder as mods, and hope to push them back. (Don't forget about report abuse, guys. :p)

So now that I went so far off topic, twice, I think I'll leave my post at that! There you go guys, you daily dose of G33ke Posts, all in one place! ;D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci