• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Official Moderator Appraisals

Should this be considered?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! (Please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Hello!

Sorry it's been so long since I made a decent thread, my mind has been blank. But today I have a suggestion for a feature. They'd be known as 'Moderator Appraisals'.

What is a Moderator Appraisal?
An appraisal would be an official and formal submission by members of the community via a secure form. Users could give moderators a commendation for exemplary performance across any of the MCGamer platforms and allows users to appreciate members of staff who they feel deserve special recognition for their actions. Senior staff can view these appraisals and use them to assist them selecting mods of the month and trial senior mods.

What are they good for?
- Allows members of the community to praise and commend members of staff who perform exceptionally well in their duties and deserve special recognition.

- Gives staff members motivation to perform better in their roles and gives them a warm fuzzy feeling when they read what someone has said about them.

- Allows senior staff to use these to get more personal feedback on how certain moderators are behaving and performing in their roles and to determine future mods of the month and trial senior mods.

What would be involved?
- The appraisals would not be anonymous (preventing hateful and unwanted messages) but the moderators would not know who submitted the appraisal. They would only receive the message the submitter included in the appraisal.

- There would be a limit on how often you can submit an appraisal to make it more meaningful when you receive one and also to keep the number of appraisals to a manageable amount.

- Moderators would be discouraged from discussing how many appraisals they've received to stop over-competitiveness between mods and keep things civil (similar to the protocols around ban counts).

- Asking friends to post fake appraisals would be taken very seriously.

So what do you think? Tell me in the poll above :) All constructive criticism welcome.

Thanks!

crits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I go first, I like this idea as well.

Ceroria he is a cool mod, not gonna lie he's decent at pvpvppvpvpvpvpvppvpvpvppvpvpvpvp as well

StaticReach

Experienced
Reaction score
I honestly am quite fond of the idea, it does sound rather quite beneficial and favorable for not only staff members but for general community members as they will be able to commend a staff member under incredibly broader terms. In addition to this, community members will also have a long desired say in promotions of trials which will be incredibly beneficial as many members have always been complaining it. A common contrary belief to this idea is the simple fact of it being abused in many aspects but I personally believe if the project is taken with efficiency and proper commitment that it will excel to a substantial degree.

EDIT: I do however think that every appraisal should be approved before being view-able to other staff members and I also think users should enlist why they are appraising a certain staff member and if the reason is valid it will end up being approved for I do not think an appraisal would be acceptable if it was just a "you are good at pvp therefore you should be promoted type of appraisal. So overall I believe it would need a lot of supervision to be functional.

Last edited:

nickk

Career
Reaction score
Ceroria has had exemplary performance as a mod for a year

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Great idea, but I would like to add my two cents. We love to hear the community's opinion! That is the truth. Though, as a Mod or a Senior Staff member, you have a whole new perspective on the staff team. I definitely see no harm with this idea being implemented and I'll definitely bring it up.

Do I think the suggestions from this be heard? Yes, of course. Though as I said, at the end of the day, the Senior Staff team are the most informed group to make these decision, but community suggests would be helpful to bring up names.

Kinda a rushed post, though hope that made sense. Hopefully we'll see this idea in the future!

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
Great idea! Definitely want to hear community's opinion!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci