• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Old maps

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
I left a long time ago, coming from v1, I've been through most of the golden days of MCSG, but all good things must come to an end. One reason I departed was because the maps weren't having the same charm or feel they once had. New ones come, filling the slots of old veterans, the ones that defined the good old days. I really couldn't take it anymore when I heard word that fortress pyke and survival kingdom got removed... on my birthday. A lot of friends from the days of v1 and early early v2 miss the maps and their glory. Even with the days of sg4 and breeze having the spotlight, most avid players still had a fond spot for these maps

Fortress Pyke
Survival Kingdom
Overgrown Arena
Skylands
SG Ancient Japan
Asia Games
Moonlight Lake
Yellowstone
Old Solar Frost
MCSG Ruins
Insanity Cause

Other maps still missed and regarded heavily as legendary:
Lost Mine
Wyverns Wake

I still feel like these maps should at least be acknowledged for their achievements. A lot of new plays have no idea where the start of this server came from. These maps for many people defined MCSG, and I feel they don't get enough credit. If there is a plan to remake SG classic, (The Nostalgia Games) then they should have these maps from v1 or at the very least give these maps some more recognition for the accomplishments they had and the community they created.

I might've been gone for longer than most new people have been here, but I'd be willing to come back in some way, to relive my childhood and best days of my life if I could play these maps on special servers where there's no competition from newer maps, and remember why I stayed here

Last edited:

Narwhalll

Quantum
Reaction score
Awesome idea! Another map that comes to mind is Insanity Cause (despite it being a horrible map). I hope the staff take your idea into consideration. :)

agentplatpuss

Diamond
Reaction score
DUDE! I remember all these maps. Over grown arena was the best! I got my kill record it was like 13-15 or something kills. Man i played MCSG since there were 14 servers. Good times. I wish they would go back. Even if they did do SG classic it wouldn't b played. Well MCSG has been amazing. I hope it gets better soon ;(

-Beta Player

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
SG 4 is not old map ?
Been around since 2012 (2013? I forgot.) so it's a pretty old map...

I'm really bummed that SG5 and Fortress Pyke were removed. Easily some of my favorite maps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci