• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff "Ole Mary Todd is calling..."

potato?

• tomato

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • :c

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • ;-;

Votes: 30 54.5%

• Total voters

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Everything we accomplish starts off as a dream. An aspiration. For the longest time, that aspiration of mine was to be a relevant figure on MCGamer/MCSG. I was mesmerized by the intricacy of the clan scene, the honor of being on the staff team, and the friendships and meaning they had to players like me to whom MCGamer was home, these feelings are simply unexplainable to those who have never felt a similar pull to the network and the incredible community we have.

On July 19th, 2014 one of my biggest aspirations was brought to life. This very day, almost 20 months ago, was the day I was accepted as a staff member alongside my close friends and waiting squad members Nephilim, Tryhard_Batman, Ondre and Zyinth | Bilzy, and around two days before this, two friends from my clan Trivium were also accepted on to the staff team (duckluv321 and Groot). Ever since that day I have spent countless hours, and an unmeasurable amount of effort into moderating the network I so loved.

Things haven’t always been easy, giving my commitment to school work and activities, there have been periods of time where I’ve had to take short leaves of absence to catch up with my life, however I always found time for MCSG. In fact, one of those very leaves started up as a simple 5 day break for a school performance I was involved in last month, however it was quickly extended as more and more activities piled upon each other and before I knew it a month had passed. Without even realizing it, I had just spent more time away from MCSG than I had since I started playing. As I looked back, I began to realize that I simply wasn’t driven to perform staff work. As a member of the senior staff team, I always honored the job I had and took it very seriously as it was something I had secretly believed one day I would be able to perform very well, however after this break things began to change. Normally, when I lost motivation, I would look at what my life would be without this incredible place, and realized that I still loved what I did and wouldn’t want to continue without a staff position at MCSG. This time around, however, I assessed many other factors including the many friendships I had made, strengthened, or rekindled over the course of this school year and realized that I did have a social and academic life to sustain me outside of MCSG. Not only is it being busy, but it’s putting quality effort into all I’m doing to maintain solid grades, and continue heading down the path I am for leadership opportunities in my school later on.

I’ve seen countless people come and go from the staff team, and often wondered what drove them to leave. I simply couldn’t fathom why someone would want to leave such a great place unless they were never as enthusiastic about the community in the first place, and one never can really understand something like this until it happens to themself.

As for the rest of the staff team and community, I intend to stay fully involved. I still love MCSG just as much as I always have, I simply need to refocus my time and doing staff work simply isn’t the job for me anymore.

While everything we accomplish starts off as an aspiration, many things we accomplish must also come to an end.

I’d like to personally thank every single person who has played on the server for being part of one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I can officially say that I have lived the dream, with the second highest post count ever on these forums, a position on the senior staff team, friends who I can trust and enjoy being with, friendships with people who at one point were simply role models, and the ability to give back to the server that has meant so much over these last four years.

“I'm doing fine, although I wish there were more hours in the day. It's just so much to do. Time is changing slowly … We still have a long way to go, but hand in hand. I know we'll get there … Hopefully our paths will cross in the future. Until then I remain your friend. Ole Mary Todd is calling, so I guess it must be time for bed." - Major Marquis Warren, The Hateful Eight.
WHAT????? COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED NOOOOOOO!!!! YOU WERE PROB ONE OF THE ONLY GOOD SENIORS LEFT NOOOOOOOOOOO

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
I've been a staff for nearly 5 months, but I've never felt so much sadness from seeing another staff member resign.

As a staff member, it was always obvious that you strived to help the community in any way you could. I saw that as a community member not so long ago, but I also saw it as a staff member very recently. Your work within this community has always aspired me to do more with myself on and off MCGamer, you are never afraid to speak about an issue which is why you are so loved and respected within this community.

You have an amazing future ahead of you.

You will be missed, Ceroria.

ToxicBlaze

Quantum
Reaction score
You left already what :( you where so close to admin and I am sure of it. Goodluck in the future. And thanks doe helping the community and being one of the best staff members ever. And this was so unexpected. ;(

P.S back in 2014 thanks for helping me with a ban dispute on my old account. <3

Hopefully one day I can be like you.

Last edited:

J

District 13
Reaction score
Woah, this was... unexpected.

From one of the squeakiest MCSG Players to one of the longest serving staff members, and now a well deserved VIP rank. You have done a lot for this server, more than what many expect of you. Your presence has greatly benefited the staff team in many ways, your dedication towards this server was one deserving of an award, and you were a great staff member throughout your whole time here.

It's been amazing with you here, I'm sure all the community will be sad that the "best staff member" has resigned (although there are other great staff) but I wish you well towards your band, school, and overall future.

Goodbye Seroria :(

africanswallow

Platinum
Reaction score
Ceroria,

Where do I start? Its been a long road, since you were hired barely a month after and have been one of the only few that have stayed. We weren't the closest of friends in the beginning, heck I only knew you by name in the old clan days (though for some reason I still have that screenshot I dm'd you :p), but you stayed. I had the whole year long streak of csgo, barely coming on to do a few punishments, just keeping the rank as a testament to amount I had dedicated to this server. And still, I saw your name on slack popping up, debating all the issues. People came and went, many hurt, notably Lqzer and Attackdoge, but none of the resignations have hurt as much as yours has.

Back in September / October I realized that playing csgo wasn't benefiting the community like I thought it was. I wasn't doing anything, largely just sitting in staff available or afk, and I decided to do something. I moved up, started talking to people, and to be completely honest I tried to be as good o a moderator as you were. I'm glad to say that we became friends, remnants of the old clan community still in the staff team. When I saw you get promoted, I cheered and took it as further motivation for where hard work can get you. Fast forwarding a bit, there are so many memories that I'll never forget, such as playing numerous staff games, chilling in MCSG-Maker, you singing on Open Mic Night, helping me out with Sr. Staff stuff, and more. I'd like to thank you for just being the person who you are, with such a community driven attitude, such a commendable personality, and your impact on me in the past 6 or so months.

Note: here is ceroria's epic singing at OMN for those wondering

I don't think you quite fit that purple rank, but you sure deserve it. Unfortunately, I wasn't quite ready for you to step down so soon, as I had grown accustomed to your cactus antics and general presence. Please, you better step on the TS regularly, it would just be too weird if you didn't.

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
I've never been decently surprised from a staff members resignation (considering the amount doubled over the past) and this is just insane. I hope the best of luck for the future, even though you never knew me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci