• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Olympus (Suggestions Needed!)

Do you like the map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
This map is just like the title says: Olympus. Spawn is on a central island that has a huge parthenon. There are 12 smaller islands surrounding the parthenon, 1 representing each Olympian.

You might be thinking; How are you suppose to go from one island to the other? Now comes the part where I need your help. What do you think would be the best way to make travel from one island to the other possible?

1. Barrier blocks everywhere (basically walking on invisible blocks)
2. Parkour clouds
3. Bridges
4. Something else (comment below!)

Here is what we have done so far:

Corn:

Parthenon:

12 Olympians:

Zeus (WIP):

Hera (WIP):

Poseidon: Not done*

Demeter:

Athena: Not done*

Apollo: Not done*

Artemis:

Ares:

Aphrodite:

Hephaestus:

Hermes: Not done*

Dionysus:

*Ideas for the islands that aren't done would be greatly appreciated!
Also keep in mind that this map is a work in progress :3

Last edited:
D

Damien // Teepwn

Barrier blocks would be interesting in the fact you can't see where you're walking bringing a new element to the plate. Only, I see people continously falling off it and not liking the map due to that.

Parkour clouds would be really nice, IMO. I think you could have clouds distributed across the whole map, not just to get from island to island. Would work well provided the parkour isn't etremely difficult.

The bridges would work but I feel they're too mainstream and don't fit with the theme. Unless you make some Greek architectural style.

The map looks really nice too! Nice idea and I'll be waiting for the finished result! :)

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
Barrier blocks would be interesting in the fact you can't see where you're walking bringing a new element to the plate. Only, I see people continously falling off it and not liking the map due to that.

Parkour clouds would be really nice, IMO. I think you could have clouds distributed across the whole map, not just to get from island to island. Would work well provided the parkour isn't etremely difficult.

The bridges would work but I feel they're too mainstream and don't fit with the theme. Unless you make some Greek architectural style.

The map looks really nice too! Nice idea and I'll be waiting for the finished result! :)
When I said barrier blocks I meant having barrier blocks everywhere. That way there could be no possibility of falling off.

D

Damien // Teepwn

When I said barrier blocks I meant having barrier blocks everywhere. That way there could be no possibility of falling off.
Oh, okay. I feel that would just be kind of weird. Like, being able to run around everywhere just floating. You'll probably end up with people camping at the edge of the map too.

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you either cannot use fire on barrier blocks or the fire is invisible. Not the best idea if you ask me. I say parkour clouds, as it would really add a nice feeling to the map. Very simple parkour however. It would make it clear that the map is set in the God's world.

For some suggestions:

• For Poseidon, make an island with a wrecked ship on it. Possibly containing some difficult/above average parkour for a Tier 2 on the mast.
  • For Zeus, it just seems appropriate that he would get the biggest/most prestigious island with the biggest reward. I would love to see a large statue of Zeus or something that people associate him with (e.g. lightning), containing a Tier 2 (possibly double) and a few Tier 1's. With the island being either accessed via difficult parkour and/or with only 1 way out. It must be risky.
Keep up the great work! :)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
o

I personally suggest there being a few ways to get from one island to the other to give people more options, as well as methods of transportation not only to the cornucopia but connecting neighbouring islands together. For example: in order to get to say....Zeus' island from cornucopia, there could be a mainstream bridge, some parkour on top of it, or you could jump down, take a bit of damage, but run on some barrier blocks. Maybe there can be some sort of décor...thing...connecting both islands at the bottom in order to let the person know where the barrier blocks end (like on two parallel sides). It's hard to explain but I hope you understand. The person could also get to the neighbouring island and there would be some sort of transportation method connecting those two together. There could also be some cool slime block transportation methods added when that gets released in 1.8. We don't have any Ancient Greek themed maps here on MCSG and I hope this one turns out nice as it is so far! c;

As for suggestions, I have one for whatever is going to be at the bottom. In order to prevent lag that the void causes for many people, if one were to jump down from one of the island, they would land on a "normal" world, since...well...the gods live above the humans. There wouldn't be any accessible water so people would have no way of survival. You could also cover it with barrier blocks to ensure nobody survives. Oh wait, I just thought of ender pearls...yeah definitely add the barrier blocks on top.

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
I really like this idea! :D Maybe for Poseidon you could do an underwater sea temple and maybe a statue of a trident? I think with world edit you can make floating water right?

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you either cannot use fire on barrier blocks or the fire is invisible. Not the best idea if you ask me. I say parkour clouds, as it would really add a nice feeling to the map. Very simple parkour however. It would make it clear that the map is set in the God's world.

For some suggestions:

• For Poseidon, make an island with a wrecked ship on it. Possibly containing some difficult/above average parkour for a Tier 2 on the mast.
  • For Zeus, it just seems appropriate that he would get the biggest/most prestigious island with the biggest reward. I would love to see a large statue of Zeus or something that people associate him with (e.g. lightning), containing a Tier 2 (possibly double) and a few Tier 1's. With the island being either accessed via difficult parkour and/or with only 1 way out. It must be risky.
Keep up the great work! :)
You can actually place fire on barrier blocks just like you would on a normal block. Also I tried to make a terraformed storm cloud/lightning but it looked terrible IMO: http://i.imgur.com/qvcaUo2.png
Thanks for the suggestions :)
Can I help?
if so, plz add Skype

its goldlabuk btw c:
No, sorry :(
As a Greek who knows so much about the gods...I approve of this map
As a person who read all the Percy Jackson books in 4th grade, I uhhh... idk...
o

I personally suggest there being a few ways to get from one island to the other to give people more options, as well as methods of transportation not only to the cornucopia but connecting neighbouring islands together. For example: in order to get to say....Zeus' island from cornucopia, there could be a mainstream bridge, some parkour on top of it, or you could jump down, take a bit of damage, but run on some barrier blocks. Maybe there can be some sort of décor...thing...connecting both islands at the bottom in order to let the person know where the barrier blocks end (like on two parallel sides). It's hard to explain but I hope you understand. The person could also get to the neighbouring island and there would be some sort of transportation method connecting those two together. There could also be some cool slime block transportation methods added when that gets released in 1.8. We don't have any Ancient Greek themed maps here on MCSG and I hope this one turns out nice as it is so far! c;

As for suggestions, I have one for whatever is going to be at the bottom. In order to prevent lag that the void causes for many people, if one were to jump down from one of the island, they would land on a "normal" world, since...well...the gods live above the humans. There wouldn't be any accessible water so people would have no way of survival. You could also cover it with barrier blocks to ensure nobody survives. Oh wait, I just thought of ender pearls...yeah definitely add the barrier blocks on top.
Thanks for the suggestions :)
I'm not really sure what you mean in the last paragraph...
I really like this idea! :D Maybe for Poseidon you could do an underwater sea temple and maybe a statue of a trident? I think with world edit you can make floating water right?
There could be the wrecked ship on top of the water as Miko_ suggested. Then, underwater there could maybe be a temple using the new blocks that are getting added in 1.8. Thanks for the suggestions :)

KingofGrapes

Career
Reaction score
If you could figure out how to control launch pads [sg7 on hive] it could be an idea but would leave the map kinda empty, map looks fine so far maybe larger islands idk, look forward to your progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci