• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

on city map cornicopia is overpowered

what do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smkerr

Spectator
Reaction score
I just want to say that I think its unfair that essentially the ONLY way to win on the city map is to control the corn. I understand it is supposed to be a big draw at the start but the fact that there are 8 chests in one place should be draw enough, why are those 8 chests the ONLY chests that contain chain/gold/iron armor and diamonds?

On the forest map all the chests are the same so camping the corn is not the only way to win the game, and the final fight is usually a closer contest. On city map it usually ends up a guy with a diamond sword and full gold/iron armor verses somebody in leather with an iron sword.

I do not think that this armor or diamonds should be nonexistent as they are in the forest map, but I think the corn chests should have this stuff initially to draw people in, but then be restocked with the same materials as other chests, like I said 8 chests together is good enough without those chests being the only place to get much more powerful equipment.

pwnedbyme14

Spectator
Reaction score
i dissagre i think that the chests in the rest of the map are under powered like the ones that are hard to get to and that the 1st maps Chests ARE ALL UNDERPOWERED

Riku5001

Spectator
Reaction score
I understand that when you try to get to the Corn, it's taking a risk, but there still shouldn't be more than 4-6 chests or their content should be nerfed. It's much harder to survive outside of the Corn than in it when you survive the initial struggle/massacre by other TEAMS. Especially when you go solo, it's nearly impossible.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
It's not an awful idea, but it's not the best either. It's much harder to hold the cornucopia with all those people that want in, than the other clusters of chests around the map. Maybe on the 3rd night the cornucopia chests shouldn't have so many good items, but 1st and 2nd night are perfectly fine. Once you get that leather armour and iron sword you can go hide in the spawn forest and wait until the campers leave to steal any remaining items, or sneak attack the camper when he is going for a kill.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Sentaul said in a different post that the cornucopia on map 2 is a high-risk high-reward area, to use his exact words :p. That's exactly what it is. The sentence speaks for itself.

CrowHH

Tribute
Reaction score
It isn't the only way to win, I've won 3 times without camping spawn in the city map. And it's a big risk to go to the middle. But it should still be nerfed.

Tryo

Spectator
Reaction score
Not true i've won many games without controlling the corn.
However i do think its over powered, as far as i know its the only way to get diamonds.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No, the city map is fine how it is. Both maps are very different in all categories. That's what I like. You never get the same challenge again and again.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We can tweak the chests again to add in some items on the outside but it will need to be rarer as we want to encourage people to fight for the middle as it helps with the camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci