• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

on city map cornicopia is overpowered

what do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
It may be harder to implement, but the main thing I would recommend is that you make food the main focus at the corn. If almost all the food spawned at the corn people would have to go there to survive which would stop camping and encourage interaction. Strip the other chests outside the corn of all their food but in turn make the outer chests have items (obviously there would be a few items in the corn as well).

If you were to do this you would have to make weapons and equipment the same across the map. So the corn would not have the super awesome equipment, just most the food. Also items should be much more limited across the entire map. Maybe only 1 diamond sword in the entire game, the best most people would be expected to find would be a bow, stone sword, iron sword, leather armour. Take all the super awesome gear out of the game (no magic swords ect.)

Armour in general should be extreamly rare... this keeps up the tension. You should never feel like your a bad ass... hunger games are best when your under pressure and scared. That should be the mantra of the WHOLE setup.

This would make the game much more of a slug fest and force people to mix up exploration and returning to the corn.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
It would be too hard to survive. If everyone has to go to the corn, the deaths at the bloodbath will be MUCH bigger and the spectators will be bored, and they won't have done anything bad against anyone. Diamond swords don't come in chests, the diamonds do and you have to craft it.
It would be much too hard like this.

Brilliantos

Survivor
Reaction score
I like the idea of taking over the Cornicopia gives the game a certain goal, without that no one would ever go anywhere near it mid game. If it wasnt there no one would find each other or it would take even longer than normal :/

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
It would be too hard to survive. If everyone has to go to the corn, the deaths at the bloodbath will be MUCH bigger and the spectators will be bored, and they won't have done anything bad against anyone. Diamond swords don't come in chests, the diamonds do and you have to craft it.
It would be much too hard like this.
If you control the food you control the length of the games. Thus there should never be enough food to keep the games going on longer than they need to and food supplies should always be used to push people into interaction.

You are right about the diamonds, sorry. But my point stands, good items in general should be culled from the games. It should not be possible to be decked out in awesome gear... this is survival not hero quest. No one should feel able to camp anywhere and hold off more than 1 player comfortably at a time.

AverageLoz

Tribute
Reaction score
I do think that the Corn is overpowered, but only because the half the chests outside of the Corn are always empty, once that's fixed I imagine it will be a pretty equal playing field, but remember the Corn is supposed to be overpowered

Squallboogie

Tribute
Reaction score
I think its very over powered. when I get a chest that required some intense parkouring, only to get a fish and some rotten meat, it feels very unrewarding. Also, I have NEVER found diamonds in any other chest, out side of corn, in map 2. In map 1, it feels much more balanced. I'm able to find chest with what I think more valuable stuff. Also, if I wonder around getting chest from the island, and not going to corn, I'm more like to defeat the person in corn because they didn't go exploring and get stuffs to help him more, such as dogs.
At the most, a few iron bars should be in corn, NOT diamonds. Scatter the diamonds to harder to reach areas, or make all chest have an equal chance to have high end gear.

Furhrer 1933

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree with squallboogie there should not be overpowered items in the middle of the map instead they should be in the harder to reach places to that people who actually have a lot of parkouring skills are better rewarded.

CodeGlue

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the dev staffs focus is. From what Chad has said it seems they are trying to encourage people to fight in the middle. But if we are attempting to keep the games close to that of the legitimate hunger games then this should be more of a brawl then a hide and survive.

In the books the games were designed as a blood bath for the citizens of the capitol to enjoy. ALL the good items were in the middle and the only way you could get items would be to kill or have your sponsor give you items they could afford. I do agree that hard to reach items should reap better rewards but for the most part I agree with corn domination allowing for better items. Then you have to be tactical to regain control if you have worse items.

MeMyselfAndPi

Spectator
Reaction score
I really like that there's better stuff in the middle, there's a lot more action when you have to fight for that. (Even through most of the time I die trying to get.) Before I realized there was better stuff in the middle, however, I spent a LOT of time outside the center, & it was always frustrating to be killed from someone that better equipped than I was after ALL that time.

What I think should be done though is educate people on the importance of getting the middle. Maybe have a basic strategy section on the website that explains that stuff to newbies. It sure would saved me HOURS of frustration.

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the dev staffs focus is. From what Chad has said it seems they are trying to encourage people to fight in the middle. But if we are attempting to keep the games close to that of the legitimate hunger games then this should be more of a brawl then a hide and survive.

In the books the games were designed as a blood bath for the citizens of the capitol to enjoy. ALL the good items were in the middle and the only way you could get items would be to kill or have your sponsor give you items they could afford. I do agree that hard to reach items should reap better rewards but for the most part I agree with corn domination allowing for better items. Then you have to be tactical to regain control if you have worse items.
To be honest with you I believe that the ability to get awesome gear takes away some of the threat posed by an encounter with another player. Every player should at least be concerned about every other player they encounter, no one should feel overwhelmingly powerful regardless of where they have sourced their gear from. No one should feel able to camp anywhere and hold off more than 1 player comfortably at any given time... item distribution is a massive part of this. I'm sure we have all seen anti climactic conclusions where one player is suited and booted in all diamond and the best his opponent can muster is steel.

For example.... is there really any NEED for there to be diamond in the games at all? What purpose does it serve?

As with all competition systems the more tiers you have the greater the disparity of fairness between competitors. Would not just having stone, leather, wood and maybe iron be enough and far far easier to regulate the distribution of fairly?

I think the cornucopia should serve as an EARLY advantage not a game winner. If you go to there you will get items which other players will have to work hard and use skill to find. However, the items should not be tires above anything found elsewhere.

I am however a strong supporter of the idea that food should be very hard to find outside the cornucopia. This will force people to return there to survive and thus increase interaction. I would pretty much say that noting but apple farming will get you by beyond the cornucopia.

As I've said before food = time. We never want there to be more time in the game than is needed. If you starve because you were to cowardly to go into the middle or lacked the planning to ensure your survival I have no sympathy for you.... Darwinisms a Bunny Lover yo.

Borissssss

Spectator
Reaction score
Without the corn being powerful the games would be overrun by teams, which I hate. If all have even items teams will win almost all the time. The corn draws people to the middle and makes for an exciting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci