• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

on city map cornicopia is overpowered

what do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
Without the corn being powerful the games would be overrun by teams, which I hate. If all have even items teams will win almost all the time. The corn draws people to the middle and makes for an exciting game.
I would argue the complete opposite! If the corn is overpowered there is more chance a team will dominate it (you have more hands and more chance to get that awesome stuff than a solo player). Once a team take the corn its basically all over.

If better items were in the harder to reach location and in short suply there in, a solo player who gets them would have a chance against a team of more lightly armed foes camping the corn.

If the corn was the main focus for food in the whole map that would draw people there when hunger takes its tole. Plus if going to the corn gave you a good headstart thats also fine, but the best items should not be there. In the fist few minutes any weapon is very powerful as time goes on they are less so as more are found.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay. I have gone to the corn on map2 plenty of times and there are no teams there. If there are though, go to the small village. There is over 15 chests in that village and you can easily get 2 iron+stick, leather armour and food. Most of the teams at the corn have trouble keeping all its members "armoured up". The corn mainly has armour, 2 diamonds, random tools and food. Therefore you are only dealing with one diamond sword guy, the rest with stone weapons. It is very easy to win the games by not going to the corn at all! Just change your stratgery if you think its unfair, because it is completley fair. I say " AVOID THE CORN AT ALL COST".

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
Okay. I have gone to the corn on map2 plenty of times and there are no teams there. If there are though, go to the small village. There is over 15 chests in that village and you can easily get 2 iron+stick, leather armour and food. Most of the teams at the corn have trouble keeping all its members "armoured up". The corn mainly has armour, 2 diamonds, random tools and food. Therefore you are only dealing with one diamond sword guy, the rest with stone weapons. It is very easy to win the games by not going to the corn at all! Just change your stratgery if you think its unfair, because it is completley fair. I say " AVOID THE CORN AT ALL COST".
The town strategy is known of, and in time it will be common knowledge and you will simply pass the bottlenecking rush to those resources instead. I guess its all good and well to say "do this strategy" but if there is only 1 counter (and i would not really call this a counter) to a particular event things can become formulaic. Sure you can win at the moment if a team camps the corn, but thats not really the point.

If the game comes down to mad bundles and luck of the draw in various locations I would call that out as poor map design. I'm not trying to critisise the current map makers, because we are all obvious part of a learning process at the moment... we could call this an alpha phase if you will. None the less, more thought has to go into the design of the map and distribution of the chests (why stick 15 good chests in a small area which is relitivly easy to get to?).

The real essance of what I believe we should strive for is a more even distribution of chests in harder to reach outer locations. So, if you go to the corn you get rewards which will serve you well in the early to mid game and food to help you last out. If you go for the outer locations and have crazy climbing skillz then you will find good late game items but your food will be in short supply... forcing your eye to turn back towards the corn again. Thus the cycle continues.

Borissssss

Spectator
Reaction score
I do believe there should be a chance of some rare loot in some far off places, but still teams can be beaten at the corn. Even if you don't get good corn loot at the start there is still a chance you can win. With one chest loot of astone axe your whole game can change! One game after getting a bad corn I ran out to a chest, managed to loot a stone axe, took down a few unarmed armored people then proceeded to kill a team of 3 at the corn.

Sometimes it about luck sometimes its about wit and cunning, take down the teams while they stand over the chest marveling at loot. Make a truce with another player and take down the team together. Or if you're lucky enough to get good loot at the start tank the team at the second corn respawn. The corn can make it that teams are strong at the start and weak towards the end if you play it right.

I will admit that, you have pretty much won by the time you take the second corn spawn. Although the starting corn is just right, it encourages you to hunt down the other players with better loot from the corn, get a diamond sword before the second corn spawn and you've most likely won. And if the second corn spawn is over and you have nothing there is still a chance, take the person by surprise.(or team pick off one of the members loot his item and bring on revenge on the others) I once managed to kill a person who secured the corn had full iron and diamond sword, while he was fishing. (ok he was a bit of a noob) There is always a chance if you have the will to take it :p

Squallboogie

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree with Kanachi that the corn should be more food orientated, and that diamonds really have no place in the game. Leather and iron/gold is more then enough for weapons/armor.

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree with Kanachi that the corn should be more food orientated, and that diamonds really have no place in the game. Leather and iron/gold is more then enough for weapons/armor.
Yay! If you guys want to talk more on this idea by the way i posted a thread named "A different take on item and food distribution" where i try (and with luck have some sucsess) expaining my thought in more detail. The more we make it an issue and gather thoughts to forge something solid the better!

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Kanachi, you like to type alot . If people run out and go to the parkour stuff with little food, they would go back to the corn, finding all the chests empty or a team there. People will just camp in trees so they wont use hunger.

AverageLoz

Tribute
Reaction score
I think diamonds can be fair, if they're can only be 2 in the game and they spawn at completely random chest it massively reduces the chance of someone acquiring a diamond sword

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
Kanachi, you like to type alot . If people run out and go to the parkour stuff with little food, they would go back to the corn, finding all the chests empty or a team there. People will just camp in trees so they wont use hunger.
Lol, that i do, sorry...

Making people run out of food is the best way to stop them camping and make them seek out other players (to get their food). The chests at the corn (and indeed all chests) should refill at random times inderpendant of one another. So no when you go back the chests wont always be empty. If they are then go bash some skulls.

Ber Ric

Spectator
Reaction score
Lol, that i do, sorry...

Making people run out of food is the best way to stop them camping and make them seek out other players (to get their food). The chests at the corn (and indeed all chests) should refill at random times inderpendant of one another. So no when you go back the chests wont always be empty. If they are then go bash some skulls.
I'm afraid people would just stay in place to counter starving, and not stop camping (unfortunately...)

AverageLoz

Tribute
Reaction score
Lol, that i do, sorry...

I honestly don't think camping is a problem, The games only last 60 minutes and they normally finish before then anyway, plus camping is a completely legitimate tactic, if camping was 'banned' there would be no point in there being a cornucopia in the first place?

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
I honestly don't think camping is a problem, The games only last 60 minutes and they normally finish before then anyway, plus camping is a completely legitimate tactic, if camping was 'banned' there would be no point in there being a cornucopia in the first place?

I'm not anti camping. If you want to camp go for it, it may well be the optimum move at that time. However, interaction should also be encouraged with incentives... killing someone gets you their items and more food (more food = more time).

Also think its important to break camping into two different things... Camping and turtleing. I view camping as offensive as in “your waiting to spring a trap”. Turtleing is bunkering yourself somewhere and playing in a purely defensive (or negative) way just so you can last longer with no real chance of victory in the end game.

If the cornucopia was the main source of food it would be MORE of a focus, not less. Most players would have to go there eventually (or kill someone who had) to get food and survive, it simply becomes a tactical choice of "do I go now or later?".

As for players standing still to avoid starving. I admit that’s a problem, but hopefully it could be modded so you still loose food if standing still (just at a slower rate) or most people would simply begin to get board of such a negative play style. Plus in that regard the problem is no different than the same situation that exists today, should someone face starvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci