• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

On the subject of "Ping Abuse"

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
Im sitting here getting 200 ms to everywhere and even somethings I get called ping abuser :?

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh really? I'll bet you have good ping yourself. It's so easy when you are on the wrecking side of things to think "they are just bad and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that sword if they tried." But if someone has a reasonable amount of experience with swordfighting, they should be able to destroy an expert with bad ping.

This happens to me all the time. I go up to some random kid with a 1/100 ratio and leather armor and prepare to strafe his socks off. While I strafe around him quickly, he just stands there and gets massive combos on me and continues to slice me up while I am sprinting and jumping away from him. There are some games where I just know I will not win because there is a player with incredible ping just sitting at corn, and whenever I go to swordfight him, he seems to have a forcefield though he is not hacking. It is the worst in water, when I get directly underneath someone and they continue to get massive combos on me despite the fact that I am directly below him, clicking 8 times per second, pointing right at him, and getting a solid 60 fps. People with good ping also seem to be able to shoot me around corners, as if all they have to do is shoot where I was a second ago and it still counts. Don't even get me started on fishing rod, as I can only use mine every one or two seconds because when I scroll away from it it takes a bit to reel in, whereas most people don't have a delay at all. (This does not happen in single player.) Good ping does not only help with each individual weapons, it seems to give you insight into the future and it allows to see subtle details and subconsciously factor them into a bow shot or flint and steel placement. There is indeed "body language" which is so important when choosing how to combat a person.

I realize that you can get to the top of the leaderboards with bad ping, such as darkrai did, but his was not even that bad, and he had solid fps. If you rely on secondary weapons, you can get by with pretty bad ping, but that does not mean it is not a major disadvantage. The playing style differences between darkrai and Huahwi are startling, as Huahwi could just bull rush any team and massacre them, whereas darkrai seems to be much more tactical and careful. You just have to adjust to your ping.
Huahwi's ping isn't all that great actually

On this subject, to the people accusing others of "ping abusers," WHAT THE HECK do you expect them to do??? Just like click really slow so you average out with the other person? Because you want to make it fair? That's like going into a fight and using a stone sword rather than a diamond sword because your opponent has stone... (in a non-organized 1v1 I mean)

Bcuzimbored1243

Diamond
Reaction score
From what I know, so called "ping abusing" is just a series of moving fowards and backwards (a type of strafing) that allows someone with good ping (x<100) to get insane combos. This generally only works for people with better ping for the reason that they are able to get farther hits than people with worse ping. My internet, I get about 150ms at times, and about 70ms at times. When it is about 70ms I am easily able to do this "ping abusing" but when i have about 150ms, I simply cannot get any hits off. This is a strategy commonly know as "ping abusing" when really it`s just using a actually quite fair advantage because of the easy ways to counter (Rod, bow, e.t.c.). I don`t really see why doing this is really that bad. People that have good ping and just sprint foward hitting are just playing with what they have. This is what people consider "ping abusing" to be, when they really aren`t abusing anything. Can be a bit unfair, but nothing really can be done about it.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I realize that you can get to the top of the leaderboards with bad ping, such as darkrai did, but his was not even that bad, and he had solid fps. If you rely on secondary weapons, you can get by with pretty bad ping, but that does not mean it is not a major disadvantage. The playing style differences between darkrai and Huahwi are startling, as Huahwi could just bull rush any team and massacre them, whereas darkrai seems to be much more tactical and careful. You just have to adjust to your ping.
My ping is around 50, which I find to be incredibly good. :)

TheRebelsEU

Career
Reaction score
Oh really? I'll bet you have good ping yourself. It's so easy when you are on the wrdon't ging side of things to think "they are just bad and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that sword if they tried." But if someone has a reasonable amount of experience with swordfighting, they should be able to destroy an expert with bad ping.

This happens to me all the time. I go up to some random kid with a 1/100 ratio and leather armor and prepare to strafe his socks off. While I strafe around him quickly, he just stands there and gets massive combos on me and continues to slice me up while I am sprinting and jumping away from him. There are some games where I just know I will not win because there is a player with incredible ping just sitting at corn, and whenever I go to swordfight him, he seems to have a forcefield though he is not hacking. It is the worst in water, when I get directly underneath someone and they continue to get massive combos on me despite the fact that I am directly below him, clicking 8 times per second, pointing right at him, and getting a solid 60 fps. People with good ping also seem to be able to shoot me around corners, as if all they have to do is shoot where I was a second ago and it still counts. Don't even get me started on fishing rod, as I can only use mine every one or two seconds because when I scroll away from it it takes a bit to reel in, whereas most people don't have a delay at all. (This does not happen in single player.) Good ping does not only help with each individual weapons, it seems to give you insight into the future and it allows to see subtle details and subconsciously factor them into a bow shot or flint and steel placement. There is indeed "body language" which is so important when choosing how to combat a person.

No, I'm not on the wrecking side of things and my ping is around 60. I can only say, I'm not experiencing the things like you are. I do get combo'd in straves but I tend to blame it on the fact that he expected my straves. But I understand how hard a swordfight is when your ping is very high, I don't know how high it is but I must say that you're making it sound like it's that high to the point where it is uncommon and to be expected that you get results like yours. You make really good points though, didn't even know some of the stuff you mentioned were even possible.

TimmaaaaH

theamazinggeek

Experienced
Reaction score
Oh really? I'll bet you have good ping yourself. It's so easy when you are on the wrecking side of things to think "they are just bad and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that sword if they tried." But if someone has a reasonable amount of experience with swordfighting, they should be able to destroy an expert with bad ping.

Huahwi's ping is 80 lol

xxSPUxx

Platinum
Reaction score
The thing that also bothers me is if you kill let's say a clan member and you have 10 ms and they have like 50. You get equal hits then you kill them and they say, "your ping" they simply can't admit that you are the better one they just think it's ping and remain to think they are good at a block game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci