• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

On the topic of VIP "Special Treatment"

eh wot

• r u srs

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • no pls

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • wot m8

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Like it's been said earlier in this thread, the reason why VIPs don't get treated on an equal level as regular members is because they aren't regular members. In my opinion, along with VIPs and staff, this bias is also given on a lesser scale to veteran members of the community with a lot of known good history, and also those who may be good friends with a good portion of the upper staff.

The VIP rule is there because those VIPs are actually pretty important to the server. Most of the time the people who have taken the time to actually obtain the rank, wouldn't bother risking their reputation in the community by blatantly breaking the rules in the harshest form. But I'll admit, I've seen quite a few VIPs in the past break chat rules, including myself. There have been a few occasions where I've broken from my firm mindset of never arguing (swearing at them) in the game chat, due to the person(s) egging me on. I mean, some people just honestly asked for it! I believe that if a VIP is actually caught hacking, the evidence should be taken extremely serious, and reviewed 50+ times by all of the upper staff members. The repercussions of a false ban could be bad for MCG, especially if that VIP was a fairly large YTer or even one of the major map makers out there. Also, I might get some flak for this, but a few players who reach the rank of VIP tend to feel like they should be pampered. If they deem a ban on them is too heavy, then they might complain to their audience, and that might create more of a headache in the community than if the staff just let the evidence "disappear".

All in all, VIPs might get a slight special treatment in the ban department, and with how moderators treat them. But I'd bet that it's only a very small chunk of those VIPs that are given a heavy dose of special treatment.

Honestly though, to all of you VIPs out there, DON'T BREAK THE RULES. You guys are the ones who many people from this massive community look up to. People envy you, even if they don't know who you are or what you did to obtain that special rank. Don't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths by acting out against the very server that gave you that shiny purple name.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
shortened.
Unfortunately, this is a situation where if a few, popular VIP's make a big scene and act extremely poorly, it gives a general mentality to others that all VIP's think they are better than others or that they think they should get special treatment.

Same goes for a lot of things, like staff members. If a couple of sr. mods are notable for doing something really bad, it causes people to assume "Sr. Staff are bad".

Edit: Wow, just remembered you got a quantum rank, in place of VIP. (I mean everyone still knows you as a VIP) I guess instead of that blue-red name like you originally wanted in summer 2012, you need a tri-colored name.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is a situation where if a few, popular VIP's make a big scene and act extremely poorly, it gives a general mentality to others that all VIP's think they are better than others or that they think they should get special treatment.

Same goes for a lot of things, like staff members. If a couple of sr. mods are notable for doing something really bad, it causes people to assume "Sr. Staff are bad".

Edit: Wow, just remembered you got a quantum rank, in place of VIP. (I mean everyone still knows you as a VIP) I guess instead of that blue-red name like you originally wanted in summer 2012, you need a tri-colored name.
I'm slowly waiting for Blamph to happen. I'd be just like my inspiration.. BARNEY!

S

Sepyz

Thank you for making this! I too said this as a joke, and I was banned for 7 days :/
Higher ups have to face the same consequences, what if a police officer were to kill someone unjustly? He would be punished equally as if a civilian had done it.
Sadly, they aren't punished equally. It's the same deal in the real world.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Test results show : After posting profanities on this thread , my VIP rank was removed.
So there we go.
No special treatment involved.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I think this is a subject needed to be adressed, thankyou Moo.

I am sort of on both sides here, on one side I agree with you and on the other side I don't. With GoldEllipse being muted for an hour for an offense that should have given him a 7 day removal from the community, I find that not right, if you choose to break a clearly stated rule then you should accept the consequences that follows. After this happened he went on a Tweeting rampage, tweeting how much hate he had for these servers which in turn made his 'fans' angry to. He truly doesn't know how close he was to being dealt a 7 day ban and I don't think he know's how lucky he was. In fact he is returning to MCGamer this weekend I believe, after calling it quits on this server..

>Can't write anymore, I need to sleep.< ;-;

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly they say VIP's are held to the "same standards" but its not true. VIP's like Gold would be treated differently then VIP's like Huahwi. Huahwi has a lot of subs therefore bringing in a lot of people but Gold on the other hand didn't have "a lot". Huahwi would have most likely would have been warned and no other punishment like a mute would have probably not occurred. All I am saying is there is to much favoritism in the community to where your rank matters and nothing else. If your famous you have the easy way out even in the real world we all just have to live with it :/.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is a very controversial matter, but in my opinion, you have to realize that these people do a lot for the servers, at the end of the day. They have that purple name for a reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci