• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff One Canadian and his Keyboard - Jimmer's MCGamer/MCSG Story

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
One Canadian and his Keyboard
Jimmer's MCGamer/MCSG Story

Hey everyone, my name is James. You might know me as Jimmer93, Jimmer, or anything else you might wish to call me by. I've been putting this off for a long time now, but what with my 1 year anniversary as a staff member here at MCGamer coming up soon, I figured I might as well reveal all the secrets behind the seemingly happy person that I portray myself to be. This is going to be rather a long read, but I hope that I can explain who I am and detail the long road that has been my journey here at MCGamer. I love each and every one of you who have ever interacted with me. No matter how little or brief the interaction with me, please know this: I love you and thank you for the support. I've thanked as many of my friends that I could at the bottom of this thread - if you aren't listed, don't worry. I've probably forgotten you and will add it later.

So, without further ado, let's get into it.

My MCGamer story begins with two people who are still very special to me. However, around here they are considered figureheads for what is wrong and immoral at MCGamer. As you've probably guessed, those two people are BajanCanadian (Mitch) and JeromeASF (Jerome). I started watching Mitch's videos around January 2013 - the exact date is rather fuzzy in my memory, but that doesn't matter too much. The very first BajanCanadian video that I watched was one of his Survival Games videos: Game 70 - Quest for Diamond Boobplate. When I clicked on it, I was intrigued by the title of the video - Survival Games. What was that? What is Survival Games? Can I play it? I ended up watching the video - and every single video afterwards. I was absolutely hooked on Mitch. For a period of about three months, I watched his Survival Games videos daily - he posts one every day. They were my life, and what gave me the motivation to finish my schoolwork every day (more on that later). Later on, I started watching Jerome (his playing partner) upload his perspectives, so I was re-watching the exact same videos over and over again. I didn't care. I loved it.

After a period of about five months of watching those videos, I got curious. Up until now, I was mostly playing on smaller servers that had nice communities. I never joined any of the big communities at the time such as The Hive or Hypixel. I always stuck to smaller-time Towny and Raiding servers that I enjoyed playing. This all changed one day when my huge base that I had with my brother, Kevin (better known as Kaasome, or Jimmer's Annoying Brother), got raided by my archrivals - Diamond Co. I was devastated. After that, I lost a lot of love for raiding servers and turned away from those almost completely (as you will see later, not completely however.) To get back to my original point, I looked in the description of one of Mitch's videos to see what these Survival Games servers were all about. I knew a little about them from Mitch and Jerome’s videos, but I had no idea how to actually play them. To make a long story short, I joined the server. The very first thing I said was “Wow, this is laggy.” This was most likely because of my absolute crap computer at the time, but of course I was much too naïve to see that at the time. Because of the lag, I left the server and didn’t come back for several weeks.

Over that period of time, I continued on at the raiding server (it's name was AngelsCraft). It was never the same after I got raided, until one day when the owner (AngelRoseBaby) asked me to become a staff member. Now, Angel’s way of running the server was not anywhere what MCGamer’s standards are. Angel was bipolar and she had several medical issues, so her frequent mood swings kept us all on our toes. I always thought that Angel was unfair in her judgement of people – firing them for little issues that would barely deserve a warning in our network today. I was a good moderator however, and kept my head down. As time progressed, I became a Mod+, which is a Sr. Mod in MCSG terms, and stayed on at that position for a couple weeks.

Then, one day, I got pulled into a private Skype conversation with Angel, and her right hand man Andy. They wanted me to become an Admin at the server. It was a dream come true for me, and I loved it. The fact that I was given that position through hard work awoke something inside me – I was worth something to someone. Someone actually thought that I could be useful and help them out. It was a revelation for me, and a big turning point in my life.

However, all good things come to an end. My activity sloped downwards as I got more and more interested in the YouTube life – I got into other YouTubers such as AntVenom, CaptainSparklez, and SkitScape in addition to the other ones that I was already addicted to. The fact that I was watching up to five YouTubers and their videos every single day pulled me away from the raiding server. I finally left around August 2013 for good, and never looked back. I’m done with unfair rules and regulations and being demoted for no particular reason – I love order and clear consequences for those who break the rules. That love brought me to where I am now, but I haven’t got to that part yet.

In late August, I joined MCSG again. I played a few games, never winning any (of course), but that was to be expected. I had by now figured out a way to keep my computer from lagging completely, so I was playing the Survival Games with some semblance of legitimate FPS. I still wasn’t completely hooked on MCSG, however. I was still hunting around for a server to make my home. I wanted a server that was like AngelsCraft – I missed being part of a family that loved me and that server had it. I almost went back to where I left, but I finally remembered what it was like to work for Angel, and I changed my mind at the last minute. I felt heartbroken and even began to think some extremely dark thoughts. I felt alone and didn’t know where to go.

One day, I was messing around in the lobby of one of MCSG’s CA servers, and noticed a user who didn’t look anything like the other people I had played against in the past. His name was MetagrossCat, and he had a light red name, the colour of salmon. Now, if anyone remembers the lobby of old (the covered cityscape one with the fountain in the middle), they will remember that that lobby had a chest with full gold armor in it. The only way to the chest was to block glitch – something that was against the rules. Well, at that point in time, I did not know this very important fact. Whilst I was enamored by the user with the weird coloured name, he was busy kicking me for block glitching! I was surprised and looked block glitching up in the rules – I found out I was actually breaking the rules by doing this. After that experience, I found out exactly what a moderator was and what his or her job is. I was fascinated. Here was my chance to become a part of a family again. The only problem that stood in my way was the small fact that at the time, MCSG was one of the fastest-growing communities out there. I knew that getting into the staff team would be nearly impossible, but I had to try. It was my only shot at becoming happy again.

Well, I decided to apply for moderator eventually. My fear of being declined eventually was outweighed by my want of feeling loved again. I first applied for the position of moderator at MCSG (Minecraft Survival Games) on September 12, 2013. Needless to say, my application was awful. I was declined on September 23, 2013 by Tal_Pal. I wasn’t surprised, but at the same time I was saddened that MCSG didn’t want me as a moderator. I fell back into the depression mood again, but it wasn’t so bad this time. I still had that drive to want to become a staff member. As such, I got the courage to apply again. On September 24, 2013, I posted my second moderator application. Later that same day, I checked the forums just before I headed to bed. I was shocked to see that a Sr. Mod named SixZoSeven had pushed my application to the pending stage. I freaked out – even though I had no idea what pending was. About a week later, a Sr. Mod (who now happens to be one of my best friends), by the name of KellieBreanne moved my application to the third and final stage – Interview. What was the interview stage? I had no clue. It was awesome though! Kellie’s message said to go on the MCSG TeamSpeak server and conduct something called a TeamSpeak interview for the position of moderator. I had already downloaded and used TeamSpeak a bit in the past, so I knew how to use it. I had no clue what an interview was, however. I simply told myself to cross that bridge when I come to it.

I joined the TeamSpeak server, received my rank, and settled down to wait for my interview. At first, I poked Sr. Mods every hour or so asking for an interview, but that grew old very quickly. I figured they would interview me eventually if I was just patient. Well, little did I know I had to be extremely patient. I did not get interviewed for over two months. Over that period of time, I was perpetually excited and fired up for my interview, but I had no idea what it would entail. Then, one day (November 26, 2013 to be exact) I noticed that Sr. Mods had gathered in the interview room, and were conducting interviews. I unmuted my microphone and sound, and got ready. I knew it had to be my time. Then, one of the Sr. Mods came down into the waiting room and told me that I was up next. You have no idea how excited I was. I was jumping up and down – this was my chance!

To make a long story short, I was interviewed by Tacoface1234, Joshkey, toxin, and SixZoSeven. I was nervous during the interview, but I felt good about it. I was moved back up after the interview, and I was told that I was accepted. I was in shock for a minute, then punched the air with both fists and shouted. My entire family heard me and thought I had suffered a heart attack or something – I was too happy to care. My dream had finally come true.

After I was accepted, time moves quickly. I know that I was well-thought of, and that people liked me. I even heard whispers of me becoming a Sr. Mod, which I thought was absolutely crazy and unthinkable. All the way up until my promotion to Trial Sr. Mod, I never believed I was good enough for the position. I always thought that I would stay as a moderator, and never go anywhere in terms of the staff hierarchy. Until, that is…

The day of April 5th, 2014 was a hectic one. I knew there was a staff meeting that I had to go to, but I also had to work that day. Whilst I was working, I was getting ready for the meeting via iOS. I had just plugged in my headphones when I heard ChandelleMC go “Oh?” It turns out that myself, Lively, Chandelle, and Sean had been pulled up and were going to get Trial Sr. Mod. I was ecstatic, and forgot all about work for quite a bit. I loved being a Trial Sr. Mod, I loved the extra responsibility, and I loved feeling like I mattered so much more. It was a great feeling and a great position to be.

One day during my trial, I went to a public channel to deal with a user who was recording without consent. I had dealt with the issue, when another user started arguing with me and generally being a disruptive user. I ended up banning that person – but what I didn’t know was what would hurt me in the long run. It turns out that the guy I argued with was a YouTube trolling sensation, and he uploaded his recording of me. I’ll link the video – I’m not ashamed of it now.

That video got over 40 thousand views and 1.4k likes, which devastated me. In my eyes, I was the laughingstock of the community and deserved to be demoted. I was also vengeful – wanted to make MyNameIsBonez feel the same shame that I felt at the time of the uploading of the video. So, I tweeted him saying that he broke our rules and as such was removed from the network. THAT was a mistake. He ended up tweeting to his entire fanbase (4k followers) to abuse me. I was being spammed by hundreds of notifications calling me weak, stupid, useless, telling me to kill myself, that I was a piece of **** that didn’t deserve to live on this planet. I was in Montreal at the time, and I was devastated. I had no idea where to turn. I nearly resigned on the spot because of it. I couldn’t believe that someone could hate my guts that much too purposely direct his fanbase to attack and abuse me. It was unbelievable and monstrous and downright wrong. To this date, I still get poked every once in a while but the video – I simply ignore them. Too much pain.

A couple of weeks after I had the Twitter thing with Bonez, I was browsing the YouTube front page when I noticed one of my favourite channels, Trollarch Studios, had posted a Minecraft trolling video. I clicked on it, and watched in horror as the drama unfolded.

Bonez had sent the video to Trollarch, and they had posted it on their main channel. Trollarch at the time had over 1.1 million subscribers to their channel, and that video received 59k views and almost 2k likes. Once again, Bonez had struck again to ruin my life. It happened all over again – the Twitter abuse, the comments telling me to kill myself, everything happened again. It was the worst possible scenario for me at the time – I hated Bonez, Trollarch, Poof, and everyone to do with that video I hated with my entire being. It was the worst part of my career on Minecraft, to be sure.

As time went on, I moved on from the Bonez scenario. He still pops up on TeamSpeak every once in a while, and I still go right ahead and ban him. He’s also directed his friends to abuse me as well (Kiingtong and Poofesure come to mind), so I still get some hate over that.
I think that I’ve moved on from the scenario, but it still stands out to me as a very dark moment in my life.

I passed my trial the same day the Bonez video went public. I expected to pass my trial, but the whole situation with the video made me rethink my position a little bit – I wasn’t as secure as I thought I was. Ever since then, I’ve tried to calm down a little and deal with situations as they come and to not lose my cool. I’ve done the best I can, and I haven’t been the best person to many people, but I’ve given it my best shot.

Ever since I passed my trial, time has moved very quickly. I became part of Team Elite, and helped with various projects. I helped build the hub that we currently have (soon to be changed to another hub). I was one of the builders of the map Dracarys, decorating interiors and fixing issues with the scenery and terraforming. I’ve been asked to become an administrator at several different smaller servers, but nothing compared to MCSG (or, as it is known now – MCGamer).

I’ve had ups, downs, highs, and lows. Nothing will ever stand in the way of me loving my friends. You guys mean the world to me. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Each and every single one of you has supported me when I’m feeling down, and laughed with me when I was happy. We’ve been through so much together and I hope that we can continue to love each other as much as I love you guys.
Dave – Ever since I first met you, you’ve been one of my best friends here. You laugh with me and you work alongside me. You know what I’ve been through regarding people abusing me, and you listened and you helped me. Thank you for everything you are to me. No matter what people say, I’ll never let you down.

KellieBreanne – You were always the stern one who I wanted to please. Now, you’re one of my best friends. You always beat me at Quarter Quell, and I still resent it that I can’t seem to defeat you. Whenever I hang out with you, I can’t stop smiling because of the amazing girl that you are. Don’t let the haters get you down.

Bowser52000 – Benny, you’re the greatest pal anyone could have. You’re loyal, you love good fun, and you’re one of the best friends that I’ve ever had. I can’t wait to meet you someday.

Cubes – You’re one of the only people I know who is a Christian, and I love sharing songs with you that matter to me. Thank you for being the cubey guy who always loves to talk about whatever with me.

_AquaTechMC_ - Hey, honorary Canadian pal. No matter how much we may disagree on certain issues, you’ll always that nerdy waiting buddy who couldn’t wait for his interview. Love you dude, with all my heart. Don’t ever let that get in the way of us disagreeing. Thanks for being one of my consistent friends here.

ChandelleMC – My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. Dang right. Love you.

LadyOfLove – You may seem to get all the love, but I know you, Shelby. You aren’t some sort of power hungry monster who loves to abuse people. You’re the greatest and funniest and best woman I’ve known in a long time. Thanks for being you.

KitMencha – Sherlock fan boys for life

MKFarrell – I thought you were a jerk for the longest time, but now that I know you, I know that’s not the case. You’re awesome.

SammyMariee – We’ve had our differences. We’ve laughed, we’ve fought, we’ve existed side by side. It wouldn’t have worked out between us, but thank you for that time anyways. Don’t let haters get you down and remember that we will always support you no matter what.

laureypop1 – I remember when we used to tem every day. I miss those days – let’s do it again sometime.

Frazzli185 – Remember when we were mods together and used to play Cards Against Humanity together? That was awesome. Thanks for being amazing.

Kelsey7978 – You are Kelslay, and you are awesome. Keep on keepin’ on.

TotalDramaTony – My queen Beyonce! When I first met you, I thought you were a stuck up snob. Not anymore. You rule that NYC cityscape, gurl!

Killaboy11 – You were my very first friend here at MCGamer. I miss you with all of my heart. Please come around sometime soon so we can relive the past. Miss you!

ErinEquinox – Like Killaboy, you were one of my first friends. I miss having you as a moderator, you were one of the best. Thank you for being my friend. I’ll miss you while you are at boarding school – keep in touch.

Others I love <3
PeriLH_
Ava
Krypton
DiamondGirl2017
AlpakaWhacker
CAmadeusA
Scott
PleaseTeamIFan (See you at PAX East)​

I love each and every one of you.

Love, Jimmer
Eh?

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I really loved reading your story. You rock man!

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The story was amazing, it also reminded me of KitMencha's story as well.
What really fascinated me was how far all the Senior moderators have gone to be in such an honourable position today, and I want to clarify that those who have put you down aren't worth anything, because it seems definite that they have the intent of wasting and pulling others down. Just remember, those who pull you down are already below you. :)

I wish you the best of luck in the future for MCGamer! :)

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
One of the best stories I ever read. What really got me to want to read this was the title. Very creative rather than Jimmer's MCSG story

Edit: Weirdest part was that I go back to read it and second time and NOW realize I just got tagged XD

Last edited:

ButterBacca87

Survivor
Reaction score
This story touched me. I think i’m getting teary eyed.

Also you don’t love me?! ;-;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci