• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

One of my best ideas! :D

Good idea and add!

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I like what Alpha suggested, with /report or even /helpop (help from an op). It would work like this. You fight/ see a hacker, and type in /report [Player name] this would then send a message to a moderator or other online staff member that ___ is hacking in US__ (example) then they could see if they could gather evidence.
/helpop would be enabled for this. Creating an entirely new /report command would be irrelevant. However, the one flaw in this plan, is that if there is only one staff member logged in, then no doubt he'll get simply bombarded with /helpop requests by about 5-7 people at a time. Now I don't usually pity the moderators...but that would make even someone like krackan tear his hair out lul.

No, the reporting system on the users' side is fine. Worst case scenario, record every game you're in (which is what I do in my long quests for solo recordings that usuallly take up to 75 games). Nothing happens in several recordings that's either good gameplay or hacking? Just delete the video files.

In my humble opinion, the only thing that needs improving is the feedback given by staff. I understand the staff's current need for ban record confidentiality, however, perhaps it would be more psychologically beneficial to have a news feed on the forums showing bans of a day or longer in length, thus showing which moderator was responsible and what their reasoning was (such as is done on an RPG like Star Wars Combine for example).

The logic behind this idea is that the rulebreakers are so embarrassed by having their name out in front of everyone as being banned that they behave after that in order to get in people's good graces again and shake the stigma of being a rulebreaker. I'm just tired of having my Report Abuse threads being replied to with "the user has been dealt with". Dealt with how? What, did you send them a forum PM of warning? Did you go to their house and slap their hand with a ruler? You could at least say "user was kicked" or "user was banned". I don't give a rat's arse about specific durations. I just want to know generally what was done. For all I know, the users I've reported have goten off scott-free. -,-

Reaction score
It would and could easily be abused. Just poke a Mod on Team speak or record & report them.

While I do agree this would make things easier on players actually trying to help out, it would open up many windows for trolls.

Jaynix

Tribute
Reaction score
People will definatly overuse this, and even if the system/feature would only notify mods if a player or ip got so many reports in the past 24 hours or whatever, clans could very much abuse this.

1qw3er5t6y

Career
Reaction score
I think that this would be a great solution, but how would a mod find out if the player hacks?

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
If this was to be implemented, someone would be like /report -name- and then probably 10 mods will probably join to see the rule breaker because all the mods got a notification...

chrisfire56

Platinum
Reaction score
The thing about being able to report people is that when people rage (i.e me :D) they make up excuses that someone hacks, and then if multiple people rage at one person, if the way you suggested was implemented, they could get falsely banned. I have seen suggestions for a similar report system to the Overcast Network, where you can /report someone with a reason, and a mod online can see who have been reported, and what server they're on so that they can see it for themselves if multiple people have reported someone. The problem with this on MCGamer is that if you leave, you can't join back. If mods had to leave their game to see if someone was hacking, it wouldn't be a very fun time if they weren't. Also if someone left the game before a mod came online, it wouldn't work ^.^ Anyway, I've got sidetracked, what I'm trying to say is that people can get falsely banned very easily for lag, or because the person is raging. If this did get added, it wouldn't be the way you suggested. I can see where you're going with this, though.

Hope you enjoyed my long post....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci