• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

One piece of advice for new players.

Lhos

Survivor
Reaction score
Don't team. Learn to play solo.

1) You learn to be paranoid. This is possibly the most important thing of all. With nobody watching your back, you are forced to learn how to grab loot and run, constantly watch your back, attack from behind, find targets that are unaware, trap your prey, etc. No help forces you to rely on yourself instead of another hand to smack enemies around.

2) No loot sharing. You find gear, you're geared. Done. I've wrecked plenty of noob teams with crap gear because they had to share while I kept all my stuff. Single one of them out, then three or four hits later it's down to just me and the other guy, who's even more screwed thanks to being undergeared AND alone. (Fun fact: Three people doesn't make it much better.)

3) You'll learn far faster. It'll be painful, but you either learn or you rage, and alone, every moment is a moment you're using the skills you're trying to improve.

4) Pride. Winning solo is far more enjoyable than winning with help. Winning a team match is beating someone in a duel, winning a solo match is beating 23 other players in a battle royale. Every single one of my wins was solo, and they all felt like an accomplishment. Winning on a team would have felt cheap. Maybe it's lame to be proud of this at all, but the strategy involved in tracking/avoiding/surprising people can make MCSG a game of wits, despite how combat can just turn into a slapfight with various colored sticks.

That all said, I do suggest getting a map viewer and doing some poking around. Look at the map from afar, burn the layout into your mind. Build a route. The only thing you can't learn by looking at the map is which chests are tier 2, though you can take a guess.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Don't team. Learn to play solo.

1) You learn to be paranoid. This is possibly the most important thing of all. With nobody watching your back, you are forced to learn how to grab loot and run, constantly watch your back, attack from behind, find targets that are unaware, trap your prey, etc. No help forces you to rely on yourself instead of another hand to smack enemies around.

2) No loot sharing. You find gear, you're geared. Done. I've wrecked plenty of noob teams with crap gear because they had to share while I kept all my stuff. Single one out, then it's three, four hits at most and it's just me and the other guy, who's even more screwed thanks to being undergeared AND alone. (Fun fact: Three people doesn't make it much better.)

3) You'll learn far faster. It'll be painful, but you either learn or you rage, and alone, every moment is a moment you're using the skills you're trying to improve.

4) Pride. Winning solo is far more enjoyable than winning with help. Winning a team match is beating someone in a duel, winning a solo match is beating 23 other players in a battle royale. Every single one of my wins was solo, and they all felt like an accomplishment. Winning on a team would have felt cheap. Maybe it's lame to be proud of this at all, but the strategy involved in tracking/avoiding/surprising people can make MCSG a game of wits, despite how combat can just turn into a slapfight with various colored sticks.

That all said, I do suggest getting a map viewer and doing some poking around. Look at the map from afar, burn the layout into your mind. Build a route. The only thing you can't learn by looking at the map is which chests are tier 2, though you can take a guess.
I find it harder to win when I play with friends. I always end up having to face all the good people. (Zeejayy, Tito, Somemugger, panuter...)

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
The Thrill of fighting and owning a team is so fun i get bored of always being overpowered normally but it makes things fun again

janakan135

Spectator
Reaction score
I love the advise ,I played 8 matches teamed up looted and lost all cause they kill me in DM or betray me

Lhos

Survivor
Reaction score
o_O this stuff's intense............poo...................
The whole concept of SG is intense and cutthroat; it's why I like it so much. Very different from most multiplayer games I've played so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci