• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Operation Cleansweep! Week of v2 results!

iamnathanielc

Platinum
Reaction score
The "stats reset" is actually a leaderboards update :) Two new leaderboards will be added, so we will have a leaderboard listing stats before the update, stats after the update, and a combination of the two.

This update doesn't have an estimated release date yet, but it should be out relatively soon :)
Thanks ducky!!! Plus I am a big subway ^.^

logan199999

Tribute
Reaction score
I thaught tha XAC will ban players if they are detected with hacked clients..25 during de weekend..that's not too much. EU is full of hacker.. Sathurday NOT, but Sunday was unplayable.

Cystolith

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't mean to poke around or try correcting people but... is it really the best idea to, on the forums, say "ok guys on this day at this exact time if you're hacking we'll find you!" That doesn't sound too smart to specifically tell everyone (including the hackers) when you're doing it because then they'll just not hack (or not play) for the time being it's that simple...
I thaught tha XAC will ban players if they are detected with hacked clients..25 during de weekend..that's not too much. EU is full of hacker.. Sathurday NOT, but Sunday was unplayable.
No that's not accurate. XAC doesn't really detect anything. I saw someone fly hack yesterday. At least NCP blocks that. And, yes it's true. I could deal 25 successful report abuses while on EU by myself in roundabout 2-3 hours. I just don't waste my time doing so because there's no point they're everywhere. What we need is an anti cheat that actually works like McPVP's for example.

RunsIt

Tribute
Reaction score
no
I must say just the new plugins are dealing with the hackers pretty well now. The numbers are declining at least on US.
not really. every game i played so far there was a hacker in it. except one. but that just might be my luck :c

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I don't mean to poke around or try correcting people but... is it really the best idea to, on the forums, say "ok guys on this day at this exact time if you're hacking we'll find you!" That doesn't sound too smart to specifically tell everyone (including the hackers) when you're doing it because then they'll just not hack (or not play) for the time being it's that simple...

No that's not accurate. XAC doesn't really detect anything. I saw someone fly hack yesterday. At least NCP blocks that. And, yes it's true. I could deal 25 successful report abuses while on EU by myself in roundabout 2-3 hours. I just don't waste my time doing so because there's no point they're everywhere. What we need is an anti cheat that actually works like McPVP's for example.
I understand the logic here, I do, but there are some key points that dismantle your argument.

The people on the forums make up a pretty small percentage of the ingame players. In addition to this, the majority of the people on the forums are long time players who have no reason to hack. Furthermore, if your hacking, chances are you are not aquatinted with the community or have not been here that long. If you fit that description, you probably won't be checking the forums as periodically as a lot of the good players, nor will you necessarily find this article, if you even have a forum account in the first place.

This explains why poll results have very dramatic differences comparatively. A poll of the forum very often does not share the same results as a poll ingame. This is because forumers are older players who have conflicting opinions with the newcomers, yet the newcomers make up most of the ingame community. I'm digressing, but to go back to my original point, newcomers are the ones who hack and therefore are not as invested in community affairs, such as these.

Also to comment on your other suggestions --
As a former mod myself, XAC does do a lot. But you wouldn't know that because many of the hackers that are caught using XAC you don't see... because XAC prevented them. The hackers you do see are more advanced and have bypassed the filters. As for your suggestion of the anti-cheat, that has been proposed before. It was actually implemented before, but it caused a wide array of glitches and the community voted against it.

Also, I doubt you could find 25 hackers and report them within that timeframe. Uploading evidence takes far longer then you think.

PABZS

Diamond
Reaction score
I support the idea of the ''one-strike ban'' policy as I still think that hackers will still return after their ban ...

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, we understand, but there was a lot of hub drama to deal with that took away from actual sweeps.

Most hackers wont check the forums, let alone come across this post. Also, we do random impromptu sweep as well :D
I support the idea of the ''one-strike ban'' policy as I still think that hackers will still return after their ban ...
Some of them don't. Let me add many of the community wouldn't be here if we has a one strike policy. We want people to have a second chance.

Cystolith

Survivor
Reaction score
Yes, we understand, but there was a lot of hub drama to deal with that took away from actual sweeps.

Most hackers wont check the forums, let alone come across this post. Also, we do random impromptu sweep as well :D

Some of them don't. Let me add many of the community wouldn't be here if we has a one strike policy. We want people to have a second chance.
Excuse me if I may, you say that you want players to have a second chance, yet deleting the evidence submitted in a report abuse yields a permanent ban. Can you explain this?

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Most of what you said I agree with but the final point, no. My upload speed is 25 mpbs and I can render a 2 minute video in one minute. And on EU, finding them isn't difficult.
You're an exception, so don't downplay the mods who find 25 hackers, nonetheless. Impressive internet though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci