• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Opinions about Windows 8

Pipiska

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm getting a new computer soon, and have heard from my friends that windows 8 is bad. I would like to hear some of your opinions, and what you think about windows 8.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
It's more tablet orientated, designed for touchscreeens which can make the interface kinda hard to use with a mouse, as well as that they trashed thing like the desktop, which are familiar windows features. Some programs can also have issues running with Windows 8. (But then, they can with 7 and others too.)

I have heard from people that it's not all that bad, but I prefer Windows 7 by far, as the majority of people do.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you avoid all the tablet stuff its better than windows 7, boots faster, all that stuff. I updated all my Windows machines to 8.

I installed Start 8 and now I never see the metro junk, and I have a fully functioning Start button.

I think the problem is people aren't giving it a chance, all the people I got to use it liked it with the start button there.

If you honestly give it a good chance and don't like it then fine.

To sum things up, I like windows 8 and stand by it, but Microsoft is dumb for trying to force you into using Metro.

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
At first, I hated it. I still prefer Windows 7, but once you get used to Windows 8 it isn't that bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci