• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Opinions on clans.

Thedarkenter

Survivor
Reaction score
Hi! My name is, as some of you might know, Alvin and I have been a part of this wonderful community we like to call MCSG for about over a year now. When I first joined this awesome community I was greeted by a community built upon trust and respect for the persons surrounding you. This was the case for quite a while and as the servers evolved, so did the community. New aspects was brought in to the equation and other ways of meeting friends to play with was implemented. One of these things that where found upon was "clans". A new way for people to connect with others and a new way to find new friends. It was great in the beginning but, as the community evolved something went wrong. I started seeing a lot of hate and anger occur in this certain part of the community. Flame wars was starting to become more common and a trend started forming. A trend of rage, anger and hatred. People started blaming each-other of hacks, being sore loosers and in general being ugly to each-other. It seems like people are looking for conflict and WANTS to get in to fights with other players. Now I have one simple question for the community. Why? Why do you want conflict? Why do some have the urge to start a conflict that can only result in someone getting hurt? This trend is set through out the world aswell. Why? There are a lot of reasons as to why this is happening. Money, power, herarky but, one thing that I think has a big role in this is manly hood. One of the main things that, stereotypically speaking, is a big part of manly hood is to seek conflict. Most of the big politicians these days are men. Men generally seeks conflict on a larger scale then the woman does. This is fact. Studies have been made to support this statement. I think this is a big factor as to why the world is like it is today. Allthough this is definitely not the ONLY reason, it is a big factor to considerate while looking at conflicts now a days. There is other factors like herarky. Herarky rules our world. No matter where we turn to it is ALWAYS there. Even when turning to gaming. Anyways my point is that I think it's sad to see this wounderfull community we all know and love turn out this way. Driving on a road filled with anger and rage. Now this is not the case throughout the whole community but, it is a growing part of it. What are your opinions on this subject? I would like to know.

Thank you for reading!
Sincerely Alvin/thedarkenter.

Edit: The purpose if this thread is not to create flame wars. I simply want to know what you guys think about this phenomenon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with you so much. The old days of MCSG were really good and Clans were something unique and awesome. Nowdays the community is corrupt and so are clans but as you said, with an exception of of few.
I hope that will be a lot more friendly, and if you are one of those people who seek for conflitc then remember:
" treat your friends as you want them to treat you."

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't feel like there's a ton of hate right now. Maybe it's just in clans, I don't really bother with those.

Thedarkenter

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't feel like there's a ton of hate right now. Maybe it's just in clans, I don't really bother with those.
As stated in the post this is mostly concerning clans. Although it is found upon in other parts of the community, it's not as common there as it is in the clans section. The again this was just my opinion...

Purewelshboy1

Career
Reaction score
Despite the arguments and flamewars clans sometimes causes I think generally they are a good thing.

Most people (including myself) found it boring and not as fun playing on your own. For around 9 months staff members were not allowed to join clans until recently. During the period of time where staff members could not join clans I found myself to play less and I didn't enjoy the game as much. However since that rule has been lifted and staff members can join clans again I find the survival games experience more enjoyable due to the fun with clan members and the heated competition of clan wars.

However it all depends on the person, some people like playing in clans, others don't. #Nitride ;)

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol there is a lot of drama in some clans.. I've joined a few clans since in Mcsg, and everyone had ppl raging. I would go in to the clan battles and all I would hear on teamspeak or skype is ppl raging and blaming eachother for losses and everything. Some clans just take it too seriously. I joined the clans for fun and honestly I didn't have too much fun xD. I did like the legends when I joined, but I just didn't have time to participate, so I left.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Lol there is a lot of drama in some clans.. I've joined a few clans since in Mcsg, and everyone had ppl raging. I would go in to the clan battles and all I would hear on teamspeak or skype is ppl raging and blaming eachother for losses and everything. Some clans just take it too seriously. I joined the clans for fun and honestly I didn't have too much fun xD. I did like the legends when I joined, but I just didn't have time to participate, so I left.
That's why the clan (if you can call it one) I run is just a group of people that talk and play together.

Thedarkenter

Survivor
Reaction score
Clans is one of the greater things about MCSG in my opinion. Maybe I just got in to the wrong clans or something. I love playing with my friends in the clan and everyone seems so nice all the way up until we get into a competitive fight with other clans then the rage and sore sportsman ship starts to show it self. Now this may not happen with all clans but it has been occurring a lot in the clans I have been in/faced in a fight. Now one of the reasons that I usually get affected easier by these sorts of thing is that I am a very empathic person and that makes it hard for me to see others angry as it affects me in a very strong way. Maybe I just got into the wrong parts of the community, maybe I feel that this is an bigger issue than it is because of my empathy, I don't know. But I still feel as certain parts of the community are developing a trend of being ugly to each-other. This is of course not the case all over the community, but when gaming starts to become competitive I feel as the rage, anger and such things gets worse.

(Btw really glad about the amount of answers and the sharing of your opinions.)

This describes quite well what my experience in the clans I've been in has been.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci