• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Opinions on Tryhards? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reaction score
There are 3 types of tryhards
The competitive people: They don't do any harm to the community they just play to win fairly don't trash talk just focus on the game.
Do anything to win people: they want to win at all cost that includes teaming with hackers, boosting and hacking or Dssos you.
The trash talkers:they are the people that take it way to seriously say gg12 scrub or l2p while teaming.

Lemonz87

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thoughout my time in this community I believe that I have seen, and/or experienced nearly every type of "try hard" there is in this game.

1. The Staff (Ban) Tryhard
While I was a staff member here for about a year, I found myself addicted to doing report abuse-- I would find myself refreshing the page over and over waiting for new reports to be created so that I could deal with them. TeamSpeak was a place that I constantly received hacker pokes-- my goal each day was to best my amount of bans from that previous 24 hours. I am very competitive and would "try hard" beating myself and setting new records.

2. The Sr. Staff Tryhard
Although I have yet to be a Sr. Staff "try hard" I have ecountered these people a number of times. These are staff members who will do anything to get the attention of Sr. Staff in order to gain the position themselves. These things include attempting to lead training-- dealing with other general topics and items that are meant to be handled by other people. At times these people can also be found befriending Sr. Staff members in order to acquire what they want. Although at one point in my life a chance at Sr Mod was something I dreamed for-- I would like to believe that I never became a "try hard" for said position simply because those that I have met attempting to force their way to the top have led me to want to hit my head against a wall over and over again.

3. The Building Tryhard
I had never fully experienced a building "try hard" until I joined the Dracarys project alongside LadyOfLove when she was under a deadline to complete the extensive build. I happily joined in on that project and became a building Tryhard myself... Completing build after build for two days straight until everything she needed was 100% complete.

4. The Clan Battle Tryhard
Who isn't going to Tryhard a clan battle? Clans are something that if you have never experienced one... You would not understand the rivalry and complete humiliation of loosing to a rival. Especially when they are squeakers (no insult intended) the friendships in clans (but mostly hatred towards others) brings out the complete and total Tryhard of all those participating in a Clan Battle. Adrenaline reaches its peak and there is nothing more important for those minutes than winning that round of MCSG.

5. The Ratio Tryhard
My alt account Bequtiful 5/10
Was 5/5... I tried so hard to create a perfect ratio on that account... But when I came on at the wrong time of day... I got killed 5 times in a row by Japanese teams -.-

TL;DR kill one --> watch them rage

6. The Leaderboard Tryhard
Someone who is playing for incredibly long periods of time in order to gain a large sum of wins. This person does not necessarily care if they are spawn killed although it is annoying. However, if this person has spent a large amount of time invested into one game and they do not win... Kill them --> watch them rage

7. The Forum Tryhard
The person who posts seemingly pointless posts and threads in order to gain Active Member... These people make me want to facepalm over and over again for centuries to come.

8. The "I want to kill you and put the screenshot in my forum signature" Tryhard

...I hate you all

9. The YouTube Tryhard
Also known as "sub leeches" these people befriend and record with bigger YouTubers simply to gain their fame and subscribers. Instead of doing YouTube for their fans- they do it for themselves... Only wanting the fame and purple name that comes alongside being a seemingly successful YouTuber.

10. The Teaming Tryhard
GG10EZSTEMROLLED

Feel free to add to my list :) these are just the few that came to the top of my head.

GESM25

Diamond
Reaction score
Video games could be the only thing someone enjoys or really knows. Nothing wrong with wanting to win so you tryhard. Why do people "try" so hard at sports? Same concept but with video games.
The thing I don't like about tryhards in videogames, is that they spend their time inside. I know it's not my life, it's theirs, but it's kinda depressing when you know people do that.
I don't see what difference it makes to you.
It's not my life, it's theirs, as I said.

GESM25

Diamond
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, it's good to try hard. You can't improve at things if you don't try. Do u TRY at school? Do you think bill gates TRYied to become the most wealthy man in the world and invent the computers that most of us use for gaming? Do you think man kind would be where it was if people didn't TRY?? Ask yourself that. There is a difference between trying hard and being a obnoxious and saying quote "rekt" try hards can just be people wanting to get better at the game. Being perceived as a try hard needs to not be associated with jerks who say l2p, what is the name for those guys? Immature perhaps?
Those other examples are different in a way. Bill Gates was trying because he wanted to be successful in life, but tryharding in a game of blocks is... eh.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
The thing I don't like about tryhards in videogames, is that they spend their time inside. I know it's not my life, it's theirs, but it's kinda depressing when you know people do that.

It's not my life, it's theirs, as I said.
its not depressing if they enjoy doing it.

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
Personally I think that if you are playing the game to a point where it isnt for fun or you aren't having fun then there's no point.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
GESM25 said:
they can spend their lives doing something else in the real world,
This is so dumb. Many people in this community are shy or inconfident in the real world, and they get friends easier online, are they tryhards? I think not.

GESM25 said:
but instead they sit on their computer for hours, playing a game of blocks competitively.
I just hate how you brought the 'game of blocks' up. See, MCSG is not about the blocks, the gamemode is extremely complicated and competitive. Of course people are going to try their best to win, I know I would. Am I a tryhard? No. Everyone in this community are competitive. If they weren't, they'd play Mineplex instead.

Got it? Good.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Thoughout my time in this community I believe that I have seen, and/or experienced nearly every type of "try hard" there is in this game.

1. The Staff (Ban) Tryhard
While I was a staff member here for about a year, I found myself addicted to doing report abuse-- I would find myself refreshing the page over and over waiting for new reports to be created so that I could deal with them. TeamSpeak was a place that I constantly received hacker pokes-- my goal each day was to best my amount of bans from that previous 24 hours. I am very competitive and would "try hard" beating myself and setting new records.

2. The Sr. Staff Tryhard
Although I have yet to be a Sr. Staff "try hard" I have ecountered these people a number of times. These are staff members who will do anything to get the attention of Sr. Staff in order to gain the position themselves. These things include attempting to lead training-- dealing with other general topics and items that are meant to be handled by other people. At times these people can also be found befriending Sr. Staff members in order to acquire what they want. Although at one point in my life a chance at Sr Mod was something I dreamed for-- I would like to believe that I never became a "try hard" for said position simply because those that I have met attempting to force their way to the top have led me to want to hit my head against a wall over and over again.

3. The Building Tryhard
I had never fully experienced a building "try hard" until I joined the Dracarys project alongside LadyOfLove when she was under a deadline to complete the extensive build. I happily joined in on that project and became a building Tryhard myself... Completing build after build for two days straight until everything she needed was 100% complete.

4. The Clan Battle Tryhard
Who isn't going to Tryhard a clan battle? Clans are something that if you have never experienced one... You would not understand the rivalry and complete humiliation of loosing to a rival. Especially when they are squeakers (no insult intended) the friendships in clans (but mostly hatred towards others) brings out the complete and total Tryhard of all those participating in a Clan Battle. Adrenaline reaches its peak and there is nothing more important for those minutes than winning that round of MCSG.

5. The Ratio Tryhard
My alt account Bequtiful 5/10
Was 5/5... I tried so hard to create a perfect ratio on that account... But when I came on at the wrong time of day... I got killed 5 times in a row by Japanese teams -.-

TL;DR kill one --> watch them rage

6. The Leaderboard Tryhard
Someone who is playing for incredibly long periods of time in order to gain a large sum of wins. This person does not necessarily care if they are spawn killed although it is annoying. However, if this person has spent a large amount of time invested into one game and they do not win... Kill them --> watch them rage

7. The Forum Tryhard
The person who posts seemingly pointless posts and threads in order to gain Active Member... These people make me want to facepalm over and over again for centuries to come.

8. The "I want to kill you and put the screenshot in my forum signature" Tryhard

...I hate you all

9. The YouTube Tryhard
Also known as "sub leeches" these people befriend and record with bigger YouTubers simply to gain their fame and subscribers. Instead of doing YouTube for their fans- they do it for themselves... Only wanting the fame and purple name that comes alongside being a seemingly successful YouTuber.

10. The Teaming Tryhard
GG10EZSTEMROLLED

Feel free to add to my list :) these are just the few that came to the top of my head.
This is absolute gold. I found myself laughing because I know at least one person who could fit into each category. Thank you for this, Haley.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci