• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Out of obscurity with an opinion/idea thread.

K

KiDD

i agree entirely, no one plays the other game modes, remove them

not going to lie i dont thing most people ever cared for those games modes, MCSG was great before the v2 update where the new leaderboards were brought in and what not..

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
It's good to see that at least one other former member of Sr. Staff has her head on straight. I don't understand why 90% of us are so salty and attack each other.

P.S: miss seeing you around. Hope everything is going well for you with your new endeavours :)
I am super offended by that comment. Prepare for imminent salt! :D

Shelby: Well spoken and informative as always :)

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am super offended by that comment. Prepare for imminent salt! :D

Shelby: Well spoken and informative as always :)
Make that three ex Sr. Mods with their head on straight (Lively is the third).

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for the informative post, Michael.

in other news, I'm back from my forum ban. I had another point to address that has always sort of been at the back of my mind - I feel like now what the community needs more than ever are events that take place on the server, rather than on teamspeak or the forums. Open Mic Night and everything is fun, yeah, but it's been done to death for almost three years now whilst server side events have been neglected (which was what I was hoping to improve upon with my valentines event). I'd just like to see more fun that'll get people excited to be on the servers again.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'll be honest with the opinion I share here today. I can agree with a few of the points made both here and even some made from others that have replied of this thread. I notice that quite a few of us are either ex-staff or even ex-Sr Staff. Although, I can say that some of the statements made by some past and current staff members are quite hypocritical. Now one would automatically assume that is a bad thing, but is it really? As long as someone is aware and possibly admits that they are being or once was a hypocrite, things can head in the positive direction. It's very cliche to say that we've all made mistakes, although it's the truth.

First, I'd like to address the Chad situation. I can completely agree with you in that area. Whilst I was a Sr. Staff member, he wasn't the most active person. Although, he also was not completely non-existent. He was there for us throughout most of the tough times and even some of the more easy times which we needed him. I can name a few times where maybe things didn't go as expected or as well as they could have. It's just one of those things that we all later reflected and learned from.

Secondly, I would like to address the whole "Change" with the hierarchy and structure of the staff team. Having been a staff member on two "well-known" communities, I get the full idea of comparing the two in terms of their layouts. I personally feel that when you have people working in a specific area of work, that work will be better quality than if you were to generalize everything for everyone. Now, obviously MCG cannot divide things into anything more than 2-3 areas really due to the size, it would still be more functional to try. I also personally believe that the new structure did not fail out of any reason besides the loss of people due to other complications and reasoning. I feel that the Sr. Staff worked very well being divided, yet still communicating regularly. To have put a change like this into place, with expecting it to work would have required more "babying". The server is small, the server needs more close attention, and the server needs people that are able to give it so.

Third, I would like to address your stance on the AU region as you are someone from the region. I think that you presented yourself very well and I can agree with you on anything said about the region in terms of this post. I would say that everyone did deserve a warning, and that that minimizing rather than completely closing could have been a good call as well.

Lastly, I would just like to bring up the topic of what I feel is going to happen. I feel that undoubtedly at this point, they need outside help. Not just any help, and not necessarily people that have "helped" before. Just people that know what they are doing. That statement by no means is bashing anyone or saying that anyone doesn't know what they're doing. It's simply stating that the network needs extra support whether it be temporary or long term. This is most likely the time where you would need to make people a little bit less happy just to get what needs to be done to happen.

I can't say as to whether I feel that our generation of the staff team was "the best" or not statistically because I don't have that information. I also cannot say if that was the case morally either. Although, I do know that at this point in time both the staff team and server is drained and needs not just anything to help, but some good assistance. I don't think the network or Chad would be considered "desperate" for asking for help, but rather smart.

I also just want to put out there that I'm not making this reply to cause any sort of drama or anything of the sort. I've grown and learned from my mistakes as everyone has. It is heart breaking to know that the server is at some sort of risk because for many of us it's where we've met some of the best people. It's given us a lot of experience and I really don't think its time or necessary to lash out or disagree un-reasonably. As many of you know I am not an avid "forumer" in terms of posts, although when I feel passionate about something I won't just let it slide under the rug. Thank you Shelby for actually bringing this part of me out, and I'm happy to see you still around.
I'm glad to see that you still have your head on straight, too. I think a lot of us have fallen prey to the "lets be salty because I have no other position" temptation. I know we've had our differences in the past, but I'd love to have a chat with you sometime :) catch you around man

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
it doesn't even feel like mcg anymore
before they brought in all these new games that dont even work, and may i add when they do work almost no one plays them.. everyone would play hunger games and like there's no AU servers now so all the AU players that still want to play migrated to the US or EU.
I remember when the chats used to be flooded with players talking and what not and that little bit of entertaining beef that everyone likes the read.
This might sound dumb, but when i was mod i hated it when there were no players and nothing for me to moderate, and when there were no players doing bad things. Like it was so boring.. so so boring. Like when there was just a spammer i'd have 1000's of cheesy lines to kick and ban them with BECAUSE I COULD NEVER USE THEM!
When the chat was full, people actually played, and it was fun, that was good. Now it feels so empty, and i only play because of the memories. I see an old friend that doesn't even remember me and i hate it.
i hate these servers now, i really do. Countless times I've tried to re-apply for mod to make my way up and introduce new ideas to make it fun, promote the servers and everything. At one point i got to the interview stage but there were never any sr mods on that'll do my interview within my timezone. If any of the sr mods+ cared, i actually talked to the community not just occasionally other mods and just the higher staff. You say you're doing important stuff but none of you ever are. you're playing cards against humanity or something.
i used to love the forums when they were actually interesting, and my joke clans. I used to be in the clan plastics and damn right it was the best clan ever.. no we werent good at PVP but we always found little rat holes to win.. we didn't win the actual game but when we lost we always picked up on something the opponent did to break the rules.
this was when it was fun, there would always be new people introduced into friend groups on the teamspeak and there'd be large skype group chats.
WHEN MCSG WAS GOOD
MCSG
i've never even called this server mcg, it's always been mcsg to me because usually I'd just play on the hunger games servers. and they were always full.
there's obviously a reason no players are playing anymore, and no one's talking anymore. why don't you actually figure out what it is and do something about it. Yes, easier said than done but hey, it's your server too. The community is what makes the server and all the higher staff seem to forget that a lot.
sorry
but it's true.
it might not make sense to you but if i wrote everything on how i feel about this server it'd be the harry potter series.
this server used to mean a lot to me, it wasn't just minecraft it was just how'd i'd spend my days. It made me the happiest person ever to play these servers and talk to all my friends.
but now something has gone wrong, the staff are hiding things, and it makes me very sad. all my friends left for bad staffing, and man, i had a lot of friends.. and they're all gone for the same reason.
im sorry.

ps.

also im going to be so mad if this post gets locked or deleted
considering this is probably the reason you have no players
any opinion made by the community that somewhat shines negative light is deleted so the community cant see it.
maybe if you left it you'd know what your problems are and you can fix it.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
it doesn't even feel like mcg anymore
before they brought in all these new games that dont even work, and may i add when they do work almost no one plays them.. everyone would play hunger games and like there's no AU servers now so all the AU players that still want to play migrated to the US or EU.
I remember when the chats used to be flooded with players talking and what not and that little bit of entertaining beef that everyone likes the read.
This might sound dumb, but when i was mod i hated it when there were no players and nothing for me to moderate, and when there were no players doing bad things. Like it was so boring.. so so boring. Like when there was just a spammer i'd have 1000's of cheesy lines to kick and ban them with BECAUSE I COULD NEVER USE THEM!
When the chat was full, people actually played, and it was fun, that was good. Now it feels so empty, and i only play because of the memories. I see an old friend that doesn't even remember me and i hate it.
i hate these servers now, i really do. Countless times I've tried to re-apply for mod to make my way up and introduce new ideas to make it fun, promote the servers and everything. At one point i got to the interview stage but there were never any sr mods on that'll do my interview within my timezone. If any of the sr mods+ cared, i actually talked to the community not just occasionally other mods and just the higher staff. You say you're doing important stuff but none of you ever are. you're playing cards against humanity or something.
i used to love the forums when they were actually interesting, and my joke clans. I used to be in the clan plastics and damn right it was the best clan ever.. no we werent good at PVP but we always found little rat holes to win.. we didn't win the actual game but when we lost we always picked up on something the opponent did to break the rules.
this was when it was fun, there would always be new people introduced into friend groups on the teamspeak and there'd be large skype group chats.
WHEN MCSG WAS GOOD
MCSG
i've never even called this server mcg, it's always been mcsg to me because usually I'd just play on the hunger games servers. and they were always full.
there's obviously a reason no players are playing anymore, and no one's talking anymore. why don't you actually figure out what it is and do something about it. Yes, easier said than done but hey, it's your server too. The community is what makes the server and all the higher staff seem to forget that a lot.
sorry
but it's true.
it might not make sense to you but if i wrote everything on how i feel about this server it'd be the harry potter series.
this server used to mean a lot to me, it wasn't just minecraft it was just how'd i'd spend my days. It made me the happiest person ever to play these servers and talk to all my friends.
but now something has gone wrong, the staff are hiding things, and it makes me very sad. all my friends left for bad staffing, and man, i had a lot of friends.. and they're all gone for the same reason.
im sorry.

ps.

also im going to be so mad if this post gets locked or deleted
considering this is probably the reason you have no players
any opinion made by the community that somewhat shines negative light is deleted so the community cant see it.
maybe if you left it you'd know what your problems are and you can fix it.
We get it you're salty, we've had enough of the 'MCG is dying' threads to get that things are screwed up and this isn't helping at all

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
We get it you're salty, we've had enough of the 'MCG is dying' threads to get that things are screwed up and this isn't helping at all
im not salty, get over yourself.
this is pretty much saying it's dying too, this thread.
they just dont listen to anything. this server had so much potential but it's just not run properly anymore and i actually miss it sm omfg.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
im not salty, get over yourself.
this is pretty much saying it's dying too, this thread.
they just dont listen to anything. this server had so much potential but it's just not run properly anymore and i actually miss it sm omfg.
The problem isn't that they don't listen, it's that they listen and due to lack of Chad nothing actually happens. If there's one thing staff members are good at, it's stalking threads haha

Your post is still flame though soz

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
The problem isn't that they don't listen, it's that they listen and due to lack of Chad nothing actually happens. If there's one thing staff members are good at, it's stalking threads haha
even if it is lack of chad, if he's never here and they were debating who gets ownership.. then it's only logical to assume they have just as much power as he does and they were probably put in their position because they were trustable to make good decisions and positive changes within the server. If Chad is too busy it's best to learn to do without him while he's not there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci