• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Patch Notes - 3/16/2015

Rusty

Career
Reaction score

Hey guys! Welcome to our new fortnightly post logically named “Patch Notes”. I’m sure you guys have clued on to what this post is about by now. Every 2 weeks-ish (The 1st and the 16th of every month) we will have a post detailing the bug fixes and new features that have been added. Note that these aren’t all the bug fixes, simply the more prominent ones. We won’t be going into detail about small things like spelling errors or strange colours that may pop up. With all that out of the way let’s get to it!

Summary:
New Features:

• Mask Command
  • Disguise Update
  • Raffle Voting in Survival Games
Bug Fixes:
  • Join Priority kicks in the correct order now
  • Disguise Visibility fixes
  • Prevent players from being undisguised during the game
  • Disguised players won’t be announced when joining a server
  • Fixed tablist for disguise names in hub
  • Fixed game lobbies preventing you from moving
  • Disguised players can’t be revealed through use of stats
  • Battlegrounds now enters you as a player instead of spectator
  • Prevent players from crashing servers through use of spectator mode

New Features:
The Disguise Update

Earlier in the week we released our revamped disguise system. The system generates improved random names and assigns skins to make you completely blend in! We have an entire post dedicated to this so check it out here.

The Mask Command
As of tonight gold donors and above are able to disguise their rank. While Gold donors can only mask as regular as a replacement for their current /disguise command, Diamond and above are able to mask as all ranks below them (i.e. for diamonds, they can mask as gold, iron and regular). to use this command type /mask <rank> in game. Note that this works while disguised as well.

Raffle Voting
A commonly requested feature from v1 that had fallen through the cracks, raffle voting has finally returned. Now when voting each map voted for has a chance of being selected, with more votes meaning a higher chance. Those maps with one vote will get you though.

Bug Fixes:
Join priority will now kick users that join last
There was an issue where join priority was kicking users randomly, and the same players were being affected by it meaning they could hardly play. Now when you join a game early you won’t have to worry about being kicked (inb4 24 donors gg).

Disguise Fixes
As well as the new disguise system we have also polished off the disguise functionality. We’ve fixed the visibility issues that occasionally occurred when disguising, and an annoying glitch that was causing white names to appear for disguised players in the hub. We have also fixed a bug that allowed users to undisguise within a game by trying to re-disguise. To help prevent the discovery of who owns a disguise name, random stats are given to a disguised player to prevent their ranking from giving away their true name, as well as preventing disguised players from being announced when joining a server. We hope these changes allow users who wish to play in privacy can do so without hassle.

Spectator fixes
With this patch, we’ve fixed a few bugs with the spectator system. There was a glitch where joining a lobby for a game that supports spectating other than Survival Games would prevent you from moving and glitch you back and forth. This has now been fixed so you don’t have a seizure while trying to play a game. On the note of joining games, Battlegrounds will now allow you join as a player instead of a spectator, letting you actually play the game. And finally, players can no longer crash the game using spectator mode.

Alright that just about sums up this installment of the patch notes. Thanks for reading guys, and make sure to help us by giving feedback of this new segment in the comments and what we could improve. Look forward to more exciting features in the near future. Good luck, have fun and stop breaking things

-Rusty

Obliterate

Experienced
Reaction score
when you do /stats [Player]
it will say they do not exist if they are disguised.
For example, if Gravey4rd was disguised in my game, and I did
/stats Gravey4rd,
it would say that his data did not exist, which means that people would know he was in their game.
They should fix this.

Rusty

Career
Reaction score
when you do /stats [Player]
it will say they do not exist if they are disguised.
For example, if Gravey4rd was disguised in my game, and I did
/stats Gravey4rd,
it would say that his data did not exist, which means that people would know he was in their game.
They should fix this.
Yep, that's one of the two last disguise bugs i know of. Should be patched soon :)

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Great work Rusty!

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Any chance of the MCTF2 Pyro glitch getting fixed soon? Ik you guys have a lot of work, but players are really abusing it! Great work though fixing the rest of the glitches. The new disguise stuff is working really great!

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
I cannot perform /mask as a Platinum donor. It's indicating that the command is unknown. I'm sure it's something small, though. I know Moderators have had this ability for quite some time.

Other than that, cheers to the updates! :)

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I cannot perform /mask as a Platinum donor. It's indicating that the command is unknown. I'm sure it's something small, though. I know Moderators have had this ability for quite some time.

They may have not pushed the update yet.

Rusty

Career
Reaction score

The server you're playing on likely hasnt updated yet. And yeah mods have a similar command.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci