• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PC Build

PumpSkine

Tribute
Reaction score
Surprisingly it seems like an ok deal but if I had to speak from personal experience I would recommend custom building it yourself. It's actually not as difficult as it may sound (it's like putting lego's together now a days) and it's even easier considering the amount of tutorials there are on the internet. If you'd like I could link a tutorial on how to build one if you'd like? You'd probably be able to get a better graphics card out of it if you do (which is the most important factor in gaming), and maybe a few other cool things that would benefit your over all gaming experience.

ElitePvPGodz

Tribute
Reaction score
Surprisingly it seems like an ok deal but if I had to speak from personal experience I would recommend custom building it yourself. It's actually not as difficult as it may sound (it's like putting lego's together now a days) and it's even easier considering the amount of tutorials there are on the internet. If you'd like I could link a tutorial on how to build one if you'd like? You'd probably be able to get a better graphics card out of it if you do (which is the most important factor in gaming), and maybe a few other cool things that would benefit your over all gaming experience.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/khdBpg this is pushing my budget since I am a kid and not rich but is there anything that I should change. I think everything looks fine but I dont know about that motherboard?

Last edited:

PumpSkine

Tribute
Reaction score
All in all it looks like a great build, maybe try to change the mother board to something that has SLI support (so that if you want to add another gtx 960 to get another graphical boost then that be needed). But if you don't intend on buying a second gtx 960 this is perfect mother board, I don't think you intend on overclocking so the motherboard is a fine part. Just make sure that before you start building you touch something metallic or have something metallic near by and touch it ever so often, another tip is to take your socks off and not work anywhere near a carpet it can create something called ESD (electro static discharge) which may sound like a scary thing but trust me it's not. Just don't plug your power supply in before you start building and touch some bare medal and you'll be fine hope this helped if you have any more questions just ask :)

ElitePvPGodz

Tribute
Reaction score
All in all it looks like a great build, maybe try to change the mother board to something that has SLI support (so that if you want to add another gtx 960 to get another graphical boost then that be needed). But if you don't intend on buying a second gtx 960 this is perfect mother board, I don't think you intend on overclocking so the motherboard is a fine part. Just make sure that before you start building you touch something metallic or have something metallic near by and touch it ever so often, another tip is to take your socks off and not work anywhere near a carpet it can create something called ESD (electro static discharge) which may sound like a scary thing but trust me it's not. Just don't plug your power supply in before you start building and touch some bare medal and you'll be fine hope this helped if you have any more questions just ask :)
I am definetly not getting 2 video cards. Does this motherboard not support over locking though it sounds like?

PumpSkine

Tribute
Reaction score
I think it does not 100% sure you should search it up because I couldn't find anything hope the best :)

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
I am definetly not getting 2 video cards. Does this motherboard not support over locking though it sounds like?
The motherboard has a z97 chipset, you'll be able to overlock just fine. However, I would suggest getting a cheaper, semi-modular power supply for about $50-60 and getting an R9 290 over a 960.

ElitePvPGodz

Tribute
Reaction score
The motherboard has a z97 chipset, you'll be able to overlock just fine. However, I would suggest getting a cheaper, semi-modular power supply for about $50-60 and getting an R9 290 over a 960.
I would like to stay with a nvidia graphics card for several reasons.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm not experienced it PC building by any means, but from knowledge of researching rigs, this seems like a pretty neat one.

PumpSkine

Tribute
Reaction score
Well Illumiigel there's different things that Nvidia offers that AMD doesn't just like there's thing AMD offers that Nvidia does not. I'm not here trying to cause a flame war or anything just saying that Nvidia has things like PhysX, Gsync (yes I know AMD has freesync but it's his preference), there's Nvidia Shield that he can sync to, CUDA (if he's video editing), Less power consumption (cheaper power supply) and finally less heat output (if he lives in a hotter environment and yes I know that the AMD cards are designed to run that hot so that it can get the best possible performance but sometimes people would prefer silence and better cooling. Hope this cleared things up :) (btw I like both companies and I'm not saying these things just because I'm an Nvidia fanboy I'm saying these reasons for why he might prefer Nvidia over AMD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci