• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PC help (Problems with internet) (Solved!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
So yesterday I got on my PC to download a game...it was a very large game so I decided to leave my computer on. I started to notice that I would randomly get an (!) over my internet bars saying I could not connect. Basically I kept getting disconnected from the internet. I unplugged my USB internet adapter and plugged it back in and I was able to connect again. The problem is this keeps happening every 40-60 minutes and im not sure how to fix it, any ideas?

Edit: I forgot to mention its not my internet everything else is still online

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I have never had a problem like this but I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of your internet adapter or possibly your ISP to figure out the problem. Hope I helped!

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I have never had a problem like this but I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of your internet adapter or possibly your ISP to figure out the problem. Hope I helped!
Ye, I most likely will do that just thought I would try this first.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be your adapter dying. I've had some pretty bad luck with USB adapters (they're usually more cheaply made), so I've vowed to go PCI/PCI-E or nothing.

If you can, test out your internet with another adapter.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
This used to happen to me (in the dark days; using windows :eek::confused:) but the problem for me was that the router was old and basically died. We got a new router and it worked fine again. (still really bad, but back to the usual speed)

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
This used to happen to me (in the dark days; using windows :eek::confused:) but the problem for me was that the router was old and basically died. We got a new router and it worked fine again. (still really bad, but back to the usual speed)
Could be your adapter dying. I've had some pretty bad luck with USB adapters (they're usually more cheaply made), so I've vowed to go PCI/PCI-E or nothing.

If you can, test out your internet with another adapter.
Thanks guys! I ended up solving the problem. QA:TL?

Edit: yannr00s Mac is bad. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci