• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(PEGASUS) What Do You Guys Want In A Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_dose_

Experienced
Reaction score
Demanter. you are not really 'pro builders' because ive seen u in game and all do is slag around doing Good all, unlike noah and alec..

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
dose don't insult people in threads that you don't have control over. You have nothing to do with this one.

I like an idea that was previously mentioned, where it's half above ground and half underneath. There could also be many entrances around the map, because if there was only an entrance at the cornucopia that would be hard to get to.
I haven't used any code traps yet, so I don't know how many there are and where. I don't often go to the areas where they are. I think if the map is the same size as the ones we are using now, 3-5 code traps would be nice. And a bunch of traps that keep you stuck (not to many, those keep the games going slightly too slow).

Extractor

Spectator
Reaction score
I believe a map isn't just good depending on the theme. People REALLY want a map that maybe has references, or they can relate to, or a map where you can gather 'round a bunch of friends on a server and have a friendly play w/ them (Yoglympics, Survival Games. They both had references including the Yogscast and the Hunger Games, and they are both a big hit). True, the theme is a main factor, but its not ONLY the theme. Thats just my opinion, and I believe a lot of other people feel the same.

colaMmm

Survivor
Reaction score
not to be mean or anything but calling yourselfs pro builders seems like your a bit up yourselfs just a heads up

the_french_guy

Experienced
Reaction score
im not calling myself pro builder :) i only do traps and a few minors tweaks to houses so they look cooler.

the_french_guy

Experienced
Reaction score
dose don't insult people in threads that you don't have control over. You have nothing to do with this one.

I like an idea that was previously mentioned, where it's half above ground and half underneath. There could also be many entrances around the map, because if there was only an entrance at the cornucopia that would be hard to get to.
I haven't used any code traps yet, so I don't know how many there are and where. I don't often go to the areas where they are. I think if the map is the same size as the ones we are using now, 3-5 code traps would be nice. And a bunch of traps that keep you stuck (not to many, those keep the games going slightly too slow).
the traps i did is either kill or survive :) but in my traps you don't get stuck

SirCraftMine

Experienced
Reaction score
A button with a sign next to it saying: Do not press.
Then have a random pulse generator behind that. It could kill you, do something somewhere else in the map or maybe even reward you :D

the_french_guy

Experienced
Reaction score
A button with a sign next to it saying: Do not press.
Then have a random pulse generator behind that. It could kill you, do something somewhere else in the map or maybe even reward you :D
good idea il do 2 buttons 1 kills you one will give a reward :) or will try to make the button do random so either kills or give.

Felix Griffin

Tribute
Reaction score
I think what he means is this:

Button----&---------> Deathtrap
/- | -------/
5-Clock-----+--X-----------------> Reward

Where X means xor and & means and.

EDIT: Formatting screwed that up. Basically xor the button and the clock to the trap, and and them to the reward.

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
Something like a resort that could've been abandoned because of some kind of dangerous thing.... sort of like that redstone dude in the city map with that demon thing. I don't know it's just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci