• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition - Change the deleting evidence rule. [200+ Signatures!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't say this, but... this thread and topic just shows how good MCG staff and the rules they set are doing! This is just the begging if this is successful, we may have an uprising and be able to actually enjoy the game once more! :D

Good = Bad >(

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No-one here thinks that deleting evidence isn't a problem. Clearly it's a pain for the staff and can make things difficult. The point, though, is that a first-time permaban for something which is almost always accidental is ridiculous. The people that get banned for this are also reporting rule breakers. There is a very simple solution; that being a first-t

There have been an absolute TON of threads on this subject ever since Cscoop 's ban. Each has put forward a proposal, and each has been ignored or dismissed by staff. I also know that some people have emailed MCgamer about it, and also have been put down. Clearly the staff do not realise how much of a problem this is for the community. A petition is a great way to show how much this means to the community, and a last resort since everything else is being ignored.

Well, that's just, like, my opinion, man.
Here's the thing on that, though. Proposals are usually more professional. The people that make petitions are usually more angry and pointed against the staff, or could be using them for a malicious purpose. Luckily, that is not the case here, as arsenal made a well thought out and level headed post.

The reason most people think petitions are more productive however is because petitions show physical proof of agreement, while proposals have no way of listing all the supporters. This is where most people are wrong on saying proposals are usually dismissed. Just because the staff doesn't make posts saying "Look at me! I agree!" Doesn't mean that they haven't heard you out and are finding ways to solve the solution.

So the proposals for this definitely weren't dismissed, nothing is unless it is completely bogus, a troll, or has already been previously addressed and handled. This has been none of those, so things are looking up and the staff is definitely not ignoring this.

Hope I cleared things up ^-^

cscoop

Platinum
Reaction score
Here's the thing on that, though. Proposals are usually more professional. The people that make petitions are usually more angry and pointed against the staff, or could be using them for a malicious purpose. Luckily, that is not the case here, as arsenal made a well thought out and level headed post.

The reason most people think petitions are more productive however is because petitions show physical proof of agreement, while proposals have no way of listing all the supporters. This is where most people are wrong on saying proposals are usually dismissed. Just because the staff doesn't make posts saying "Look at me! I agree!" Doesn't mean that they haven't heard you out and are finding ways to solve the solution.

So the proposals for this definitely weren't dismissed, nothing is unless it is completely bogus, a troll, or has already been previously addressed and handled. This has been none of those, so things are looking up and the staff is definitely not ignoring this.

Hope I cleared things up ^-^
Why do all the staff think petitions are angry? It was made because the previous threads asking for change and stating facts where completely ignored. It's just us trying to grab all of your attention in the fact that we think this needs to be changed. If you all had given us that attention on the several proposal threads, this one wouldn't have been made.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Why do all the staff think petitions are angry? It was made because the previous threads asking for change and stating facts where completely ignored. It's just us trying to grab all of your attention in the fact that we think this needs to be changed. If you all had given us that attention on the several proposal threads, this one wouldn't have been made.
Well not all petitions, I'm saying the reasons that we tend to get angry at petitions is because a lot of them used to be angry and/or even abusive.

I also said that this one wasn't like the others, it's reasonable and was presented in a professional matter. Like I said, they were not ignored. Just because they didn't get many staff responses does not mean they were ignored.

Here's the thing. I don't want to start an argument with you, or anyone else. There just needs to be a realization that the staff is not out to get anybody. Everybody makes mistakes, were human. Let's not let our big mistake be all a misunderstanding :)

From now on this thread will stay free of any comments saying that the staff sucks, that we don't do our job, that were corrupt, and that we don't know what were doing and were ignoring the community because we aren't c:

On a side note, related to other comments: I'm sick of people in general saying that the staff is butthurt and bad, because all were trying to do is not create an uprising on a misunderstanding. When people get angry over things and say stuff like "wow the staff sucks, they're dumb" do you really expect that to not be deleted? And then when something like that is, were called for being immature and butthurt? It just doesn't make sense, so why don't we make efforts to all get along and accomplish things as a united community instead of trying to do it from two different sides in an argument. ^.^

"A house divided against itself cannot stand" -Abraham Lincoln.

Reaction score
They think petitions are angry as they are being apposed of so etching which is wrong, now even a social or any kind of Government doesn't like to be apposed of the rules which they have implemented, they just seem to think that " Ohh well, these are OUR rules and were higher authority and well make them follow them" But once a community realises that's wrong, they tend to speak out, and the. And then only, the "Staff/Government" get angry as they are being apposed of their very own rules, which int this context I really am disappointed and this rules should not be implemented at all.

There is absolutely reason for us(Users) to submit proof and report hackers, we don't have to do it at all! But we still choose to as we want OUR community to improve and not be demolished by rule breakers, but if the "Staff/Government" are going to be using "The Law" as evidence and protection against there rules then that's a Big No No! Once evidence has been submitted the "Law" take the evidence and save it and keep it in their own hands, now even if the evidence was lost or something was to happen they would have a record but here MCSG believes that WE have to FILL up OUR HARDRIVE with their proof, which we do not have to do in the first place and expect us to get banned, then that my friends is complete BULLCRAP, I'm sorry I had to say that... We are not abridge to keep Evidence... Plus this is basically saying "HEY! THIS IS YOUR FAULT FOR LOSING OUR EVEIDENCE, SO WERE GOING TO BAN YOU!" They are trying to hide their very own mistake and put it towards the COMMUNITY, now this is just DISGRACEFULL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci