• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition - Change the deleting evidence rule. [200+ Signatures!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
The point should not be what people may have done in the past. Bringing up thing such as that really don't further your argument at all.

The point of this petition is to change a rule that people believe could use editing, not to bring up past events. Those really do not give much leverage because of the fact it was done by an Admin. It's not something that can be changed, and it's not something that is going to further your point, or this topic at all.

That alone is an entirely different topic, and isn't really something that should be discussed here, as it really has no relevancy.

With that said, I do believe this rule could be changed, and that doing so could help the community greatly. I still entirely think this rule should be in place, but with a lessened punishment.

The reason this rule has such a hefty punishment is because of the issues it can cause if it wasn't in place, and wasn't a fairly threatening rule. If this rule didn't exist, people could simply remove evidence at their will, causing players who have broken even the worst of rules to be unbanned, and to run free.

That said, most of the time when evidence is removed it's not done on purpose, or with malicious intent. All of the cases I've heard of were complete accidents, which is where this petition comes along, and makes sense.

It wouldn't make sense to unban players on a case-by-case basis either, as that would cause just as many issues with people asking "why was ___ unbanned, but I wasn't", etc. and it would be just as easy to say "it was a total accident" even if the intent was to remove that specific bit of evidence.

The rule itself would need to be changed completely, rather than simply going case-by-case.

Possible solutions vary, but the most sensible seems to be using a similar basis to the punishments for hacking. One-week first offense, permanent second offense.

Another point that seems to be brought up consistently is having staff members re-upload everything. This makes sense, and I see where this is coming from, but you have to keep in mind that we get hundreds, if not thousands of reports daily. Though not everyone who is reported is banned, there are still many reports to be dealt with daily. Having one database for all staff members to use would result in a crazy amount of unorganized hacker videos. Having each staff member re-upload to YouTube works, but many staff members do several reports a day, and downloading, and reuploading every video would take quite a toll on their internet.

In the end, I think a few things could be done. The rule itself could potentially be publicized a bit more, possibly with a note at the bottom of the 'Report Abuse' templates for people to agree to the fact that removing any offered evidence may result in punishment. I also think the rule itself could be lessened, maybe to something similar to the first and second offense for hacking. A lot would need to be figured out, and worked with, but I do think that a potential rule change could be a very beneficial thing, so;

"I, duckluv321, would like to sign the petition.
I love how you are much better at putting your words on paper than I am. :p This is almost exactly my take on this situation.

I, Captain, would like to sign the petition.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This should actually be recognized by the rest of the community and it's staff members. But if the staff strongly believes that this rule shouldn't be changed, then they should at least let the people who have reported abusers discuss with them to make an exception with deleting the evidence, as it is no longer relevant. However, I do believe that evidence should be kept for future references, which include people who testify at late timings, or examples and evidence for other servers to beware the abuser.

I, miner9823 sign this petition. As I believe we should change this rule.

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
As of now, Ive made a few minor changes to the publicity of the rule, however, to change focus of this thread, if people want to send me a private forum message with a detailed system that could contain possible changes/modifications to the system being discussed, ill entertain the ideas, but I won't guarantee anything.

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
Exactly the attitude that will prevent change from happening ever.
That isn't it at all my friend, I would love to see a permanent data base set up but at this time it isn't practical. The staff is far from opposed to change but we have to think of it from a business point of view. I was just being honest because this petition isn't really going to change much, the thing that actually slows down progress is people getting upset and "rioting". If you actually want progress to be made I suggest not deleting evidence and letting the staff do their jobs because I can assure you it is a high priority.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
That isn't it at all my friend, I would love to see a permanent data base set up but at this time it isn't practical. The staff is far from opposed to change but we have to think of it from a business point of view. I was just being honest because this petition isn't really going to change much, the thing that actually slows down progress is people getting upset and "rioting". If you actually want progress to be made I suggest not deleting evidence and letting the staff do their jobs because I can assure you it is a high priority.
Or, use the proposal arsenalfcgunners did - which, if you (the staff) havent noticed, is an idea that appeals to both sides. I dont see anyone else proposing anything?

The only way things change is when both sides agree that change is needed. So far, you guys think the rule is fine.

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
Or, use the proposal arsenalfcgunners did - which, if you (the staff) havent noticed, is an idea that appeals to both sides. I dont see anyone else proposing anything?

To avoid a flame I suggest that we don't continue to argue, the rule as of right now is a permanent ban and that is the choice of the sr. staff. If you don't want to be banned don't delete the evidence. As i said earlier were working on getting a permanent data base but that may take time. The rule will stand until further notice (most likely when we get a permeant solution). If you have an idea feel free to pm it to CAmadeusA Until then not much is going to change. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci