• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

-=PETITION/Final Chance=- Survival Games Ancient Japan

Would you like MCSG to re-add Ancient Japan based off the pros I mentioned?

• Total voters

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
If you were any member who had at least a month of MCSG experience before v2 (Mid February 2013) You would've known a map called Ancient Japan

Survival Games
Ancient Japan
I had the idea to create a thread of this after Captain made his attempt to bring back Hungry Hills. After it got re-added, I decided I'd try my hand at bringing back this classic.
Captain's Thread: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...y-way-at-all-hungry-hillss-final-stand.56256/

The unique spawn creates immense battles at refill, for its odd design, people struggle to grab all items without some bystander coming, grabbing one of the Twelve chests and finally running away. You spawn in individual capsules, causing havoc as people struggle to locate their route.

The vastness of the architecture and magnitude of some buildings is tremendous. At times, this creates a struggle for items, even with the amount present in v2. As it happens, the inner civilized part of the map is a mirrored version, making it more challenging. The outer mountains are home to arches, ranging terrain, with a few pagodas home to whatever fortune chests may hold.

Just a look at how the different elements and ways to interact with the buildings collide. Many of these house tier 2's along with strategically placed parts for diverse PvP tactics.

Vast temples to explore the contents hidden inside.

Overview of the built part of the map. Moat surrounds the outside parameters. Cornucopia is shrouded underneath the enormous tree.

Outer boundaries of the map.

READ THIS PARAGRAPH BEFORE POSTING
I do understand that one of the main reasons it was removed was due to lag many people faced, as it is slightly CPU intensive. The other main cause was because of Team Vareide, the creators. With a bad taste at the time, with the hive and such, it was taken away, but Hive has no contact to Ancient Japan at all. Most of their latest maps, (Sg6 and later) are Hive exclusive, or given ways of making servers such as MCSG, TBNR, and the Nexus to not use them, About the lag people got, the center tree was enormous, and caused a multitude of lag bad computers couldn't handle. Trust me, I felt that, but that never brought my opinion down. Vareide forbids any tampering with his maps, like Sg3, which people wanted to revamp to make it not as reluctant to the 800,000 people not fans of it. Alas, the hive might have plans for Sg3 on their servers. Ancient Japan however, could maybe be revamped to stuff not visible or important, such as the tree. Something possible we could do is only have an outer layer to the tree and leaves, keeping the shape, but not having as many blocks to load causing the intense lag.

So one question I first want to ask is, could there be any way to make it happen?

I want to make a petition, asking the people seeing this thread and asking, could we bring back Japan?

If you want MCSG to add a v1 favorite, then put I Yourname petition and would like Ancient Japan re-added to MCSG.

Since v2 we've grown, and I believe it should be allowed to let these newer members see Ancient Japan for what it is!

This is one thing I noticed: If you don't like it, You don't have to vote!
Plus if it really bothers you, ingame you don't have to vote for it, you have 4 other choices that might suit your need more or /random.

People! Don't just vote at the thing at the top! If you really wanted it back, Petition!

WOW! Thank you guys SO much for the positive feedback! :eek:

List of People who petitioned:
1.billyguy1
2.ThisJKid
3.Zangoose (Burtry)
4.Sonny_Dude1
5.ProfessorRetro
6.Virtual
7.Pro_H1j4ker2345MCSG
8.BlitzCometITU
9. 10.@goldlabgaming (With His brother) Cheesey100
11. Criminals
12. Buxtonaters
13. xEpikEricx
14. patrickfalcon
15. TheSmoothMunky
16. 123456789matrty
17. lolistwee
18. ag5647
19. Alpha (Nub)
20. Rhinoviru5
21. thebeardydragon
22. resistantcorn12
23. MaxTheKokiri
24. mikag35 (Nub)
25. Joel Maury-Holmes
26. FreddyBones
27. gigitygoo22
28. BlueHeron
29. darkrai
30. Chris_Bro1998
31. NuclearVolcano
32. Radiax
33. MCSG_pro011
34. MysterioussAli
35. Nitro
36. _MK_
37. nock30440
38. mr_pendle
39. Chobski
40. Fnnythe3hd
41. arsenalfcgunners
42. 4non
43. Zana
44. Mooclan
45. MVPThomas
46. OnoSnipezPro
47. PikachuPals
48. Sim_Man
49. Plg21
50.! Cat_On_A_Poptart
51. rex5826
52. tottenham104
53. evil_gnome123
54. Angryjukebox
55. RC_4777
56. PUR3SK1LL7
57. jingo
58. DJ Kitty
59. Rebound4
60. DareDevilMan1
61. ChargedPVP
62. AlgerWaterlow
63. SniperSnakez
64. Captain
65. Sage Pickering
66. plimpy41
67. NewYorkKidd9
68. Cruel
69. Kieee Nice....
70. azule2012
71. ZebraNation
72. mrcrafty1
73. EpicGamer102
74. TheMangoTiger
75!!!! Zekrom_Ares (We got 75!)
76. Dah_Hobbit
77. sfgiantsfan1
78. CdrewMC

Last edited:

billyguy1

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Seriously, I love this map. It's so well built and the gameplay is amazing.
I think most people that don't like it feel that way because of the lag.
I SIGN

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes! This map is my second favorite map of all time!

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
If we get 75 people saying yes I'll ask an Admin and see what he thinks :D

Sonny_Dude1

Platinum
Reaction score
I Sonny_Dude1 petition and would like Ancient Japan re-added to MCSG.

Edit: I really loved that map(and skylands :p) and don't know why they were removed.

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
Sorry for this but for now I'm going to lock this thread, the reason being, I know AlpakaWhaker is working on making a lot less laggy version of this map, when that map comes out, it would be more appropriate to have a thread like this.

After a conversation with the OP I have decided to reopen the thread.

Last edited:

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry for this but for now I'm going to lock this thread, the reason being, I know AlpakaWhaker is working on making a lot less laggy version of this map, when that map comes out, it would be more appropriate to have a thread like this.

After a conversation with the OP I have decided to reopen the thread.
You never actually re-opened it, haha. :p I'll open it now.

Also, I sign the petition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci