• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Phoenix Survival Games: The Highlands

Do you think this is a good theme for a Survival Games map?

• no, it seems like its a bad theme...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BluePhoenixBlade

Spectator
Reaction score
Phoenix Survival Games: The Highlands

Hello everyone! I am currently working on a new map (my first) and it is going to be themed around the Scottish Highlands. I only have a basic cornucopia surrounded by a few mountains and hills at the moment and I am going to add bushes and things like that to live up the hills and mountains, but this map should be done in 3 weeks tops (i'm working alone and I am not going to change that!) and I would like your feedback on this picture and I will be uploading more as I complete parts of the map. If you have any suggestions for what could be in a Highland themed map, feel free to let me know in the comments :D

Thanks for viewing! Remember to leave a comment telling me what you think about this pic and what would fit in well with a Highland themed Survival Games map!

BluePhoenixBlade

Spectator
Reaction score
I am also using real pics of Highland ruins and castles to aid in the creating of them on the map.

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
No replies?! Dude this looks really good and you should keep up the great work! Maybe take away a little bit of the lava from corn. Another tip is that if you can figure out worldpainter you can make your own custom terrain (non superflat looking) in a 3rd party program and them put it right in to minecraft! But your terraforming is so nice and smooth and once there's some more details and buildings it'll look really nice!
EDIT- I realised it didn't look superflat. Disregard part of this comment
EDIT 2- Phoenix is the name of my build team :p

BluePhoenixBlade

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the feedback! I love it when people give me tips. The map is coming along a lot slower than I thought as I have been rather busy but I might upload some more photos soon to show some of the progress :)

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
This looks like a good map, can't wait to see how it will be when it is finished.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Neat looking, kinda like if SG 3 and Breeze had a baby.

Reaction score
Phoenix, do you have a server that I could check it out on, or is it a single player world?

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The terraforming is pretty good, it's a decent map all-round. Here are some pointers from me:

-Trees, either it be dense, the opposite, maybe some custom made trees to add a more 'lively' and 'wild' feel to the map.
-More variation. Cracked stone brick, mossy stone brick to add more texture to a surface.
-Add an overgrown, abandoned feel to the map. Spam vines where there is moss, and use leaves around the areas. (They are also great chest hiders as they can be broken as well)
-More buildings. Ruined structures featuring parkour and puzzles.
-Make the map unique, what makes this different from a general Survival Games map? Touch up the terraforming and make things bizarre and overhanging, have fun. :)

If you haven't already, search and check out these useful utilities and mods hat can assist you in map making:

-WorldEdit
-VoxelSniper
-Worldpainter
-MCEdit
-Terrain Control

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci