• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ping, and it's importance in Minecraft

Do you agree?

• Total voters

mxs14

Diamond
Reaction score
I live in asia n get 200-300 ping ;-; and this gives a major disadvantage using he bow n rod. even though my ping is realy bad I don't call people 'pingers'. I just say dat they may be a good player but with also good ping and there isn't anything wrong about dat.

hax

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I live in asia n get 200-300 ping ;-; and this gives a major disadvantage using he bow n rod. even though my ping is realy bad I don't call people 'pingers'. I just say dat they may be a good player but with also good ping and there isn't anything wrong about dat.
Quackeryy managed to get a 1/2 from your location, also, you used to play orchestra? <3

mxs14

Diamond
Reaction score
Quackeryy managed to get a 1/2 from your location, also, you used to play orchestra? <3
yeap I used to play Orchestra n got donor there but sadly its discontinued I think. I joined MCGamer on Decemeber 2013 and Quakeryy was there much long ago on AS MCSG so he probably got a lot of wins from AS. Althought I got to say that it is possible to play the game with 200-300 ping cuz i managed to get more than 1600+ wins in total already. I'm just using WTFast and playing AU MCSG now xD

Reaction score
Okay I get 120 ping and honestly ping is just play to the advantages your given i may have bad ping but i use it to my advantage for example my hits delay and I get more double hits i receive less kb I can lag around people in i do a wd or wa strafe which is awesome cause people don't hit me I can hit people when they try to run people on my screen are closer so when they run i hit father so ping can be good or. Bad its just how you play with your ping

hax

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
yeap I used to play Orchestra n got donor there but sadly its discontinued I think. I joined MCGamer on Decemeber 2013 and Quakeryy was there much long ago on AS MCSG so he probably got a lot of wins from AS. Althought I got to say that it is possible to play the game with 200-300 ping cuz i managed to get more than 1600+ wins in total already. I'm just using WTFast and playing AU MCSG now xD
Oh, I think I may have seen you on AU, I'll see ya round. (I'm au too)

mxs14

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay I get 120 ping and honestly ping is just play to the advantages your given i may have bad ping but i use it to my advantage for example my hits delay and I get more double hits i receive less kb I can lag around people in i do a wd or wa strafe which is awesome cause people don't hit me I can hit people when they try to run people on my screen are closer so when they run i hit father so ping can be good or. Bad its just how you play with your ping
120 ping isnt bad... its average, most players play with about 80-130 ping which is still a 5 bar full connection and is actually decent... when u reach 200 and above fighting against decent players dat rod n bow alot ur basically kinda screwed but melee fights doesnt matter much.

Reaction score
120 ping isnt bad... its average, most players play with about 80-130 ping which is still a 5 bar full connection and is actually decent... when u reach 200 and above fighting against decent players dat rod n bow alot ur basically kinda screwed but melee fights doesnt matter much.
I play with 300 on au and its fine for me cause I just play offensive

mxs14

Diamond
Reaction score
I play with 300 on au and its fine for me cause I just play offensive
sword hits doesn't matter like I said but I guess it depends on the players urs dealing with... if the other player is decent playing smart n tacticaly its pretty hard... then again we have different play styles so maybe ur decent with 300 ping :)

seamusdean

Experienced
Reaction score
I agree, ping isn't everything. Frankly, I don't see why so many people flame "pingers" so much. It can't be controlled that much, and the advantage isn't as big as people stress it is.

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
My opinion is that 0-130 ping is almost the same and everything above 200 would be very hard to cope with.

ThatGuySai

Spectator
Reaction score
Ping is very important when it comes to PvP 'cause the rod is very dependent on it.

wtf2shens

Career
Reaction score
yeah not everyone's as good as the 2nd best mcsg player and has 1gb up/down :]]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci