• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ping and PVP

Has Ping become a big Adv?

• Yes

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
So it has come to me that people with good ping seem to have a huge adv now a days. I still find myself taking people out with good ping but its much harder than it used to be. Is ping taking over PVP? I remember the good old days when your internet connection didnt seem to matter. Is there a way to switch it back to this? Comment if you think ping has become a big Adv

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Ping gives you better reach. I have friends who can hit me from 10 blocks away.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Ping definitely does affect PvP but it doesn't make a player good. If a player isn't skilled ping won't help him much.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Everyone who says ping doesn't matter has no idea what they're talking about. Skill with rod + op ping + good fps = unstoppable
But the largest part of that math equation is the SKILL. The difference between 40 ping and 80 ping isn't that large.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Ping does have an affect, but not really a game changing thing. Unless it is like 60 vs 350 ping or something

Brigade

Career
Reaction score
Ping is difference in pvp a guy with 150 and a guy with 10 ping the guy with 10 has an advantage .

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks for all the posts to clear things up I just want to say skill is still very big in who wins the fight but when a person like me with 100 ping fights a person with 10 its kind of hard

D

Damien // Teepwn

Ping gives you better reach. I have friends who can hit me from 10 blocks away.
Gahbfrststhfsj.hmgd,jtsjy.
Low ping doesn't give you better reach, it just means your delay time is less and the server and client have a more mutual agreement if you will on positioning. This gives the illusion of more reach but if you test for yourself, you can find it's the same regardless of ping,

Sorry if I sound like a smartass but I hate it when people think that. Haha.

Reaction score
Ping isn't taking over PvP. It does give a slight advantage, you're right, but that's not what makes a player good at the game. Say you get average ping, but your PvP skills are really good. Now, you're fighting a person who is just the opposite - Average skills, but great ping. Who do you think is more likely to win the fight? The guy with the good internet, or the guy with the skill?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci